WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

EZGO differential repair

NicPaus

Reaction score
The rear differential on my cart went out this morning. The clutches seem to engage fine cart wont move when the secondary clutch is turned just spins as if in neutral. Checked shifter cable and neutral position, forward and reverse all seems normal. I was going about 3-4 miles an hour and it made a slight grinding noise. Stopped and would not go. Located in Parker. Any recommendations who can fix it or if it's a common problem i can fix myself.
20190920_111920.jpg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Premier in havasu always took good care of mine. They might even pick it up for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Premier golf carts in Havasu should be able to fix it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I will give them a call. Called mac's he just said no room for me to drop it off. He is slammed with carts.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
It's very strange for a differential to go bad. I sent you a message with my cell #

Buggydave

Reaction score
$100 says its one of the rear brake drums has stripped splines! I used to be in charge of a bunch of E-Z-Go's where I used to work and it happened a lot. The axles have splines, so do the brake drums, and a castle nut with cotter pin. Rarely messes up the splines on axle, just drum.

NicPaus

Reaction score
$100 says its one of the rear brake drums has stripped splines! I used to be in charge of a bunch of E-Z-Go's where I used to work and it happened a lot. The axles have splines, so do the brake drums, and a castle nut with cotter pin. Rarely messes up the splines on axle, just drum.
How do you check it?

Buggydave

Reaction score
Jack it up and remove rear tires, put on jackstands. Start it up in gear and look to see if just the axle nut spins without the drum spinning.
Most likely just one side is bad.

Buggydave

Reaction score
With stock EZGo wheels, you can usually just pull dust cap off of axle nut and watch, but with your alum wheels you will probably have to remove them.

wishiknew

Reaction score
X2

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have been so busy never made it back out to check it . Got a call today my buddy said Mac could check it out. 5 minutes later and my river neighbor is texting me Mac just picked up your cart. Hour later he calls says it's fixed and he is on way to drop it back off. 30 minutes later and neighbor texts back your carts good to go and put away. Said he has been slammed but wanted to get it me up and running for Thanksgiving. It was the brake drum like BuggyDave said it would be. Thanks for the PM with your number Lake Pal I normally would fix it myself but it worked out better having him do it. You guys out in Parker let me know I will buy beers I appreciate it!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. Its literally a 10 minute fix & the drum shouldn't be more than $50. Most places will charge 30-60 minutes labor + pickup & delivery. Wife & I hope to hit Parker for a night or 2 between Xmas & New Years, hope to see you.