WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F-150 Lightning

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Is it someone that has been band before, probably. Is it SRy(c)e/GMAC, I'm not 100% sure. If it is he's being somewhat less annoying, even though he claims to be "unaware" of how his profile got set to private and his PMs were turned off. So if he goes sideways again.. bye bye.

Him or Stainless... posts seem similar, but without all the ass eating talk, which would be a dead give-away, lol... :D

Far as this truck.. they can call it a Lightning, but it ain't no Lightning. 😏 About like that Mustang Mach E, looks like a friggin SUV. Why the hell can't they come up with some new/different names, for their new/different vehicles. 🙄

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
It just needs and integrated PV tonnue cover or shell.... which I would think could hold about 1000 watts of PV. Sounds like an aftermarket business opportunity. Park and self charge.

hallett3

Reaction score
Look how long it takes to charge. Really not good for road travelers. It’s only around town vehicle. The F-150 Lightning with the standard range battery pack will be offered with an optional 48A house charger, which will charge the battery from 15 to 100 percent in around 10 hours. Models fitted with the bigger extended range battery pack and the dual charger can plug into an 80A house charger and go from 15 to 100 percent in around 8 hours. Use a 150kW DC public fast charger and the F-150 Lightning requires 41 minutes to charge from 15 to 80 percent.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
With the extended range battery pack is has about 50+ more miles of range than my jeep... On a 400-500 mile trip I could drive it for about 4 hours and recharge over lunch and finish up the last 200 miles in another 2.5 hours. Easy peazy....

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I won't be buying any electric vehicle that doesn't have some type of back-up power source (Ie: onboard generator). The Texas Power Grid Shutdown this winter should have been a huge wakeup call that we should never depend solely on the electrical grid power to power our vehicles. Additionally if I need to drive 500 miles in 1 day the last thing I wanna do is sit in a parking lot for an hour or two waiting for a recharge.

hallett3

Reaction score
The problem with charging on the road someone might be charging his car and no one is around and have to wait longer the 20 minutes. Happens all the time . Not enough charging stations and with more and more electric vehicles it will be even longer. Takes 5 minutes to fill gas and gone. I don’t have time to sit and wait. I have better things to do .

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The problem with charging on the road someone might be charging his car and no one is around and have to wait longer the 20 minutes. Happens all the time . Not enough charging stations and with more and more electric vehicles it will be even longer. Takes 5 minutes to fill gas and gone. I don’t have time to sit and wait. I have better things to do .

I agree 100% - there won't be enough power out on the road in the future. Currently only 3% of vehicles on todays highways are electric. What happens when we are at say 90% electric in 2035? Granted we can easily build more Charging Stations. The problem I see is the current administration has zero plans to build any additional power plants that would be required to flow power to these stations. It's a Clusterfuck waiting to happen!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. took more than 44,500 reservations for the 2022 F-150 Lightning within 48 hours of the electric pickup's debut and will limit production in its first year on sale, according to CEO Jim Farley.

Farley, speaking Thursday on CNBC, said the company was "off to the races" after opening up order banks after the vehicle's Wednesday night reveal. Ford is taking $100 refundable deposits for the Lightning, which starts at $39,974 before shipping.

Farley told CNBC that 20,000 reservations were taken in the first 12 hours and, on Friday, tweeted that the figure had grown to more than 44,500 reservations.

On Wednesday, Farley told journlists the company would limit production in the vehicle's first year on sale and that Ford already had "made a call on volume," but he declined to give a number. Ford took a similar strategy with the 2021 Mustang Mach-E electric crossover, limiting it to 50,000 vehicles in its first year of production.

Wolfe Research analyst Rod Lache, in an investor note Thursday, estimated Lightning production would be limited to 80,000 pickups per year, based on capacity data from parts plants that supply the truck.

Ford is banking on the Lightning to draw in new customers and convert electric vehicle skeptics

This is America's bestselling vehicle, so if there's one vehicle that's going to give us an indication of whether these EVs are going to take off, it will be this Lightning," Farley said on CNBC.

Ford shares rose 4.6 percent to $13.07 in Friday morning trading in New York.

Analysts so far seem impressed with the pickup's capability and low starting price.

Lache said it could be a "game-changer."

Ryan Brinkman, an analyst with J.P. Morgan, raised his share price target to $16 from $15 and noted the Lightning was "clearly superior to its internal combustion cousin."

Brinkman also recounted a recent presentation for analysts during which Ford executives asked what price they thought the Lightning would start at. Answers ranged from $59,000 to $69,000.

"The actual starting price, Ford told us, was $49,000, which was sufficiently low to elicit audible gasps followed by polite clapping from the audience," he wrote. "After which we were told, 'Just joking — we played a [trick] on you. It doesn't start at $49,000, it starts at $39,974.' "

And this is why they build them...because people will buy them.
Has nothing to do with green anything.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
EV’s aren’t optimal for road trips.
Or charging anywhere besides your house.

The sweet spot is when your use allows you to recharge in your garage overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
<knock knock....who's there?...opportunity.>

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
It just needs and integrated PV tonneau cover or shell.... which I would think could hold about 1000 watts of PV. Sounds like an aftermarket business opportunity. Park and self charge.

If the 300 mile range is legit, I could make it to Echo from HB on my free overproduction of electricity from my roof solar. Stay at my river pad for a week and my 1000 watt PV tonneau cover could get me home for free....