WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F-250 buzzing noise

Shockwave25

Reaction score
Recently purchased a new 2021 F250 with the 6.7. Recently I started noticing a buzzing noise at idle. It is consistent but seems to be getting more frequent. Anyone had the same issue? Seems to be coming from the mid portion of the gas tank.

riverroyal

Reaction score
No clue but...do your doors seal make a clicking noise in hot temps?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
No clue but...do your doors seal make a clicking noise in hot temps?
… i’m guessing you read Neil Young’s book about the cars he has owned… clicking door seals on a 50 Plymouth I believe?… something about someone had costed the door seals with a rubber preservative and I think it was due to temperature change that the door seals made a clicking noise that he and his guys chased forever… lol…

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
I have it too. Buzzing fuel pump I’m pretty sure of it.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Dealer said it was a calibration issue
It's calibrating the repair cost to the size of your wallet. 😂 I think it's the fuel pump, my buddies truck makes a buzzing sound. He puts in some Lucas fuel treatment and it seems to quiet it down, so he says. But it is noticeable outside when it's idling.

77 SLEEK

Reaction score
With the engine running place your hand on the fuel filter housing under the hood. If the fuel lines have a vibration/buzzing to the touch the filter housing has air trapped inside it and you need to purge the air.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My truck makes a few different sounds, i just figure it is doing something.

NicPaus

Reaction score
At least it's not knocking. My buddies F350 that lost a engine already now has a bad knock. 2 weekends ago I could here it. Last weekend it was like someone was knocking on my door and he was parked across from me. Another dealership told him Last dealership only did top end not the whole engine like he thought.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Never a good sign when someone is knocking at the door lol.

Cdog

Reaction score
Seems to happen when it’s real hot. Not doing it this morning un hooked in park city