WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F-250 cut off switch.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I have seen it mentioned on past threads and after reading the post by @Beautiful Noise today.........
I'm ready!

What is the best method for an 2006:
Take out some fuse?
(If so, which one?)
Or
Have some switch installed.?

Please advise
Thank you

FT

20200614_230045.jpg

Last edited:

95Enforcer

Reaction score
2005 and up have PATS so it wont start without the signal from the key. 2004 and earlier dont so they are super easier to steal. Not saying it wont happen but its definitely extra insurance with the fuel cut off. I definitely take a lot of stolen reports for the earlier non PATS trucks for sure.

floatn turd

Reaction score

Try this looks promising

I like this idea, but the price is a little steep.

I think I will try the fuse gig first.
And if that proves to be a big ass hassle, I will look into it more.

Thank you Sir for the link.
👍👍

TimeBandit

Reaction score
This anti-theft relay has the added feature of sounding the horn if they don't have the kill switch/circuit "on" when cranking.

I like a hidden switch over using the lights to trigger the relay, a hidden momentary "on" switch that sends 12 volts to this relay would be perfect.

Momentary on switch you push while cranking is impossible to leave "on" so you never forget to "arm" it.

Watch the YouTube video

Anti-Theft Relay Kit | American Autowire

C-2

Reaction score
Damn, not 10 minutes ago I was pondering this question...there has to be a fuse.
But I also know at least one of the fuel relays is soldered to the box; I had to send mine out to be rebuilt to stop a stalling condition that even Ford in Detroit could not figure out.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Just take it back to Trenton @ Mad Tech Diesel Workz, he’ll get you hooked up.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
In the old days I had installed a kill switch to my rear defroster button

Your ad here

Reaction score
2005 and up have PATS so it wont start without the signal from the key. 2004 and earlier dont so they are super easier to steal. Not saying it wont happen but its definitely extra insurance with the fuel cut off. I definitely take a lot of stolen reports for the earlier non PATS trucks for sure.
I had an 05 F250. It didn't have PATS. Used a steel key all the time.

95Enforcer

Reaction score
I had an 05 F250. It didn't have PATS. Used a steel key all the time.

Thats interesting. The 2005’s i dealt with had it. I never understood why the Excursions had it in 2000 but the trucks didn't get it until later.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Thats interesting. The 2005’s i dealt with had it. I never understood why the Excursions had it in 2000 but the trucks didn't get it until later.
If the trucks were "commercial" or "fleet", they could have been ordered with the ECU PATS delete and steel keys. Schools and municipalities, anyone that expected drivers to lose keys. Most Cab&Chassis were this way as well, at least up to 07. My 550 Lariat had the non- PATS ignition.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
While this is a solution, it's a shitty one. Dealing with insurance companies is a whole 'nother bunch of fuckery.
Cant you just put a in line elec fuel pump and hide the switch ?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That won't help if they tow it away.

This is exactly right...

Take it to a Quality alarm shop and get it rigged properly. Good alarms have mercury sensors in em that can detect when the trucks at an angle.

On another note...

Is it even possible to hot wire a diesel, that has a coded key? And wouldn't an 06 have a coded key?