WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F#*cking Employees

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Its not a good day when one of your employees doesnt show up for work for 2 days, and you drive by the bar he hangs out in and your company truck is parked around back at 10am. I will tolerate a lot of shit, but I draw the line there. There's going to be a Project Manager job opening Monday.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
As long as he didn't get fucked up there three nights ago and got kidnapped by his uber driver.... Shitty deal sorry man.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Its not a good day when one of your employees doesnt show up for work for 2 days, and you drive by the bar he hangs out in and your company truck is parked around back at 10am. I will tolerate a lot of shit, but I draw the line there. There's going to be a Project Manager job opening Monday.

Not the sharpest tack in the pack to do that. You lucked out and a clear cut reason to fire him, if he did that he probably isn’t going to be one of your star employees anyway

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
We did retrieve the truck. As far as I know he still doesn't know the truck isn't in the parking lot. Haven't heard from him all day. Its really a sad deal that he has such a problem with alcohol, he's only 36. This is not the first time he has gone MIA on us.

TripleB

Reaction score
Not the sharpest tack in the pack to do that. You lucked out and a clear cut reason to fire him, if he did that he probably isn’t going to be one of your star employees anyway

Do not fire anyone for drinking ever!
It’s now considered a disease and can claim work comp and stay on your insurance.
Terminate and give no reason, just say “ I don’t want you working here” period nothing more nothing less, again “I don’t have a reason to fire you, I just don’t want you working here”.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
It’s now considered a disease and can claim work comp and stay on your insurance.
Terminate and give no reason, just say “ I don’t want you working here” period nothing more nothing less, again “I don’t have a reason to fire you, I just don’t want you working here”.
2 days no show no call that's job abandonment.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score

Not sure if they can get workman’s comp out of something like this
It’s not work related but this is calif

dribble

Reaction score

Really? I worked for the state and they fired people for that shit all the time. It always stuck.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We did retrieve the truck. As far as I know he still doesn't know the truck isn't in the parking lot. Haven't heard from him all day. Its really a sad deal that he has such a problem with alcohol, he's only 36. This is not the first time he has gone MIA on us.
If this isn't the first time...He wouldn't have had the chance for a second time on my crew, let alone a 3rd. With a company rig no less. At 36 he isn't going to have much left in life.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Fired!! Thats what he gets!! Wouldnt think twice about that shit

grumpy88

Reaction score
If Dave had a boss we would of had no where to read this or pass judgement ! Remember we were all young once .

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Well that explains a few things...

Dalton

Reaction score

wouldn't that fall under "termination without cause" or whatever its called

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
tenor.gif

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
One of our kids manages a Verizon Store.
A customer came in and paid her cell phone bill in cash. $177.
The employee credited the payment to the employees own bill instead.

He’ll ask another employee to take out the trash and the employee never comes back.

We were sitting at the Lazy Dog Saloon bar on Katella last night and a doctor and his wife and Chargers cheerleader daughter sat next to us. We bought them shots of Don Julio.

They just came in from their business audit meeting and had just discovered a trusted employee they thought the world of had embezzled six figures.

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
A customer came in and paid her cell phone bill in cash.

He’ll ask another employee to take out the trash and the employee never comes back.

We were sitting at the Lazy Dog Saloon bar on Katella last night and a doctor and his wife and Chargers cheerleader daughter sat next to us. We bought them shots of Don Julio.

They just came in from their business audit meeting and had just discovered an employee had embezzled six figures.

Thats crazy. This world of ours... I swear if these kids would have gotten smaked around a bit more they wouldnt be such shitty adults.

Tpc i daze out on you sig gifs. they are hypnotic almost. Keep up the good work.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I asked my son if he ever fired an employee that was surprised. He gave me a 100 mile stare of thought of how true that is.
“I never fired anyone that was surprised” - Jack Welch GE.

Our oldest is hard working and reliable and just doesn’t get lazy indifferent employees.
They interview well but then hide or sandbag. Especially girls.

A Greek family were so impressed that they hired him away and he runs their breakfast restaurant.
Lines out the door 6 am to noon closing. 5 star ratings, excellent food. They taught him everything about everything and all he ever knew about food was pressing the start button on the microwave.

The Greek families theory is experience is way down the list of hiring essentials. A good employee is first on the list.

Last edited:

SLT Kota

Reaction score
It might just be the wake up call he needs. A lot of people don't realize how bad of a problem they have until they are fired.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It might just be the wake up call he needs. A lot of people don't realize how bad of a problem they have until they are fired.
Truth.... I knew I had a problem but it took a long time to realize how bad and even longer to finally admit it.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
DO NOT SAY SHIT! Just fire him, no reason or cause is needed! You probably already know this but just let him go. Say as little as possible and hand him his check...
I disagree, fire him with chase, job abandonment. Then if he runs off too edd tell them what happened. You should have had some one go inside and take a pick of him

RaceTec

Reaction score
I disagree, fire him with chase, job abandonment. Then if he runs off too edd tell them what happened. You should have had some one go inside and take a pick of him
I had a guy that no shit had abandoned his job for almost two weeks! After all was said and done with the attorneys and my missed time he still won... I wouldn't even bother, just cut and run! California (assuming you are in CA) sucks and 99% of the time sides with the employee, no matter how big a loser they are! There is no point in making the effort... Let him get unemployment and hopefully help... Sad deal...

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I had a guy that no shit had abandoned his job for almost two weeks! After all was said and done with the attorneys and my missed time he still won... I wouldn't even bother, just cut and run! California (assuming you are in CA) sucks and 99% of the time sides with the employee, no matter how big a loser they are! There is no point in making the effort... Let him get unemployment and hopefully help... Sad deal...

Never heard of some one winning a job abandonment case unless you messed up on something.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
A customer came in and paid her cell phone bill in cash. $177.

They just came in from their business audit meeting and had just discovered a trusted employee they thought the world of had embezzled six figures.
Pics of the cheerleader?

DLC

Reaction score
It must be winter and raining!

Took 8 posts for someone to say post a pic of the charger girl!!!!

Sherpa

Reaction score
You should have him talk to the Bob's..... They'll probably tell you that you're just not challenging him enough. or maybe that guy is tired of holding the measurement pole and would rather be the guy writing down the readings or making adjustments on VAV's or fixed dampers. lol.
--Sherpa

DLC

Reaction score
Now I have to go back and re read what I already read just so I can think about what he said.....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Now I have to go back and re read what I already read just so I can think about what he said.....
Lol, not 100% sure if the doctors wife is the cheerleader or not but either way the last one mentioned is a daughter.....apparently one old enough to drink however:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
LOL, you too

It says: "a doctor and his wife and Chargers cheerleader daughter" Not Charger Chearleader's daughter.
I'm with ya TPC
I get what you're saying which is why I said the cheerleader could be the docs wife but still, as it's written it could be 3 people.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm very glad I'm not responsible for people other than my family now. When running employees, esp. in construction, you worry about the guys working for you, and their families as well. A lot of times guys really don't see that. Sent a couple guys back down the ladder, home to sober up for the day....football season. That day, or sometimes weeks after, they were pissed. What would happen if they got hurt, or hurt a bystander? Best case, they're out of work for a while. Worst case, someone dies and I would have lost everything. A fall to a hard deck, materials or tools off the lid, bad news.
Risk vs reward. You need employees to grow a business. The risk you run is who you hire. Most aren't going to have your mindset. If they did, they wouldn't be an employee, they'd be in the field as competition.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Reading comprehension you guys.....daughter of a cheerleader, don't be such cradle robbers, lol:p:D
I get what you're saying which is why I said the cheerleader could be the docs wife but still, as it's written it could be 3 people.

Negative ghostrider. It can only be read correctly to indicate that the daughter is the Chargers Cheerleader.

I'm with ya on almost everything Zigmeister, but this one ya gotta own lol. ;)

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I'm very glad I'm not responsible for people other than my family now. When running employees, esp. in construction, you worry about the guys working for you, and their families as well. A lot of times guys really don't see that. Sent a couple guys back down the ladder, home to sober up for the day....football season. That day, or sometimes weeks after, they were pissed. What would happen if they got hurt, or hurt a bystander? Best case, they're out of work for a while. Worst case, someone dies and I would have lost everything. A fall to a hard deck, materials or tools off the lid, bad news.
Risk vs reward. You need employees to grow a business. The risk you run is who you hire. Most aren't going to have your mindset. If they did, they wouldn't be an employee, they'd be in the field as competition.

Exactly why I have no employees, the risk and cost just does not pencil out until I have like 4 bays, and that shit (running a super busy shop- done it for other people, not fun) is why I like my tiny little place, I only have to answer to me lol.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Negative ghostrider. It can only be read correctly to indicate that the daughter is the Chargers Cheerleader.

I'm with ya on almost everything Zigmeister, but this one ya gotta own lol. ;)
I agree daughter is cheerleader, never doubted that. I also think wife and daughter are one person.:cool:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This SoCal weather needs to change, we are now debating semantics and sentence structure on RDP :)
Damn if it didn't get in my head during my putting stroke this morning too.:rolleyes::p:eek:

nowski

Reaction score
So what forum section will you be posting that Project Manager opening tomorrow?

I might be overqualified for the position (I don't drink and have a clean driving record) but may give it some consideration...

supernick

Reaction score
Good luck!
Our seasoned journeyman have troubles setting up velocity controllers! I can’t imagine trying to find that kind of help

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Good luck!
Our seasoned journeyman have troubles setting up velocity controllers! I can’t imagine trying to find that kind of help
My techs specialize in KMC and Titus pneumatic controllers amoung others as well as DDC VAVs. Remember it’s all we do. We have a lab setup in the shop just to simulate these.