WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F U AT&T! 🤬

Backlash

Reaction score
Yes, this is a callout thread.

Unbeknownst to me, some guys were out working on an Edison pole located on our property. OK, not a big deal as it's happened numerous times in the past (Edison, H&M, Spectrum, etc.) I'm typically home most days, so when guys DO show up to work, I'm overly friendly with the crews and end up giving them drinks throughout the day and offering our restroom when needed. What I'm saying is, I think I'm a pretty accommodating person and easy to get along with.

Today, my wife looked out back and noticed some new spray foam over an opening on some 4" conduit running underground. The conduit was already there, but the work above it on the pole was new. I looked up and could see where AT&T performed some service work on the low voltage lines. Cool.

I looked down at the ground next to the pole and started to find some of these random little nuggets.

20200718_195342.jpg

Lazy ass mutherfuckers. 🖕

What irritates me is we have two kids who play in our back yard and we have two dogs that also run around in the backyard. I also mow this area around the pole as it's surrounded by grass.

Had one of our kids stepped on one of these spikes, or had I hit one of these with my mower, I would have been PISSED. Now I'm going to go around the area with a magnet to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Some might say "Ahh, it's no big deal. Suck it up and move along." Well, my Dad retired from the phone company with almost 40 years on the books. He would have never left this kind of crap in someone's backyard, and he would have never let any of his guys leave this kind of mess either.

If you or your family and friends work in a capacity similar to this, please tell them to clean up after themselves.

Rant over.

HitIt

Reaction score
Light em up on social media. Only way to make a difference these days.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'd be pissed if I found out one of my linecrews left that material at a job site. Call the local AT&T office and raise hell.