WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F1 - Austin

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Any inmates heading out next weekend? Me and my son fly out next Wednesday. We’re spending a few days in Houston then heading up to Austin. Looking forward to some Terry Black’s for dinner. :cool:

Any recommendations for things to do in Houston?

BajaMike

Reaction score
I went the first two years it was open, when I lived in Austin. Parking and traffic was a pain the first two years, hopefully they figured that out by now.

Eddy V’s Seafood and Steaks on 5th Street downtown Austin is great (one block from famous 6th Street).

Have fun, hope you have reserved seats or club seats where they have food and drink. The lines to the kiosks for food and drinks is a mess.

Joker

Reaction score
Any inmates heading out next weekend? Me and my son fly out next Wednesday. We’re spending a few days in Houston then heading up to Austin. Looking forward to some Terry Black’s for dinner. :cool:

Any recommendations for things to do in Houston?

best breakfast I’ve ever had was in Houston. Place was called breakfast club. Chicken n waffles were amazing

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I went the first two years it was open, when I lived in Austin. Parking and traffic was a pain the first two years, hopefully they figured that out by now.

Eddy V’s Seafood and Steaks on 5th Street downtown Austin is great (one block from famous 6th Street).

Have fun, hope you have reserved seats or club seats where they have food and drink. The lines to the kiosks for food and drinks is a mess.
We went last year so I’m familiar with the parking/traffic fiasco. It had rained a day or two before the race so the dirt parking lot we were assigned to was completely f’d up and filled with cars, so we couldn’t even park where we had paid good money to. The dopey tweaker kid working the lot just shrugged his shoulders when I asked him what I’m supposed to do now since they won’t let me in the the lot I paid for. He just shrugged his shoulders and went about his business :rolleyes:

I have better parking this year so hopefully that’s not an issue. We have reserved seats in a more premium section, high up and on the aisle. It’s definitely an awesome experience. :cool:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Headed out Friday. Paddock Club :cool:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible weekend, We had full team paddock access via Haas F1. I'm all over the broadcast coverage pre and post race in the paddock and pitlane. It was actually better than paddock club, as we got total private tours of Haas facilities and even watched part of the race from inside the garage with the pit crew. Watched them do the pitstops live during the race from just feet away. :cool:

No pictures were allowed inside the garage but I got lots of pics and videos throughout the weekend.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That’s some bucket-list shit right there [emoji4]

And an “interesting” race to top it off [emoji106]
What the hell happened to Ferrari’s pace?

Did you manage to get any unobtainium souvenirs from the paddock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HST4ME

Reaction score
Leclerc had to go back to a spec 2 engine..but still set fastest lap, Vettles car went to the grid broken, and they were both set up with a bunch of down force due to the condition of the track, which is falling apart.

farmo83

Reaction score
Breakfast club is awesome, it's down the street from my office. Be prepared to wait. I don't know how old your son is but there a few breweries around town that are really cool to hang out at now while the weather is nice. Other touristy type things to do are the battleship texas and the san Jacinto monument.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Breakfast club is awesome, it's down the street from my office. Be prepared to wait. I don't know how old your son is but there a few breweries around town that are really cool to hang out at now while the weather is nice. Other touristy type things to do are the battleship texas and the san Jacinto monument.
Never made it there for breakfast. Did NASA on Thursday and the Bush Library yesterday and flew home last night. The weather couldn’t have been any better. Hit up COTA all three days and got our fill of racing. :cool:

We’ll try to see the Battleship Texas and San Jacinto monument next time out.