WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F150 lighting reservations.

hallett21

Reaction score
So I’m trying to figure out what’s going on. I made the reservation in June and every article I have read says that sometime in December they shut down the reservations when they hit 200k.

Why is my reservation number in the millions?

E59859B1-4AD2-4A7C-B756-78E16F48233E.png

Reactions: TPC

boatpi

Reaction score
I reserved the early am just after the reservations period opened. They already informed me I would not get a 2022. I anticipate the third or fourth quarter of 2022 as a 2023 model.
thank you for reserving the F‑150® Lightning™ truck and joining us on this game‑changing journey.

We promised to keep you updated along the way, so we want you to know: all invitations to order a 2022 model year have been sent. We expect invitations to order future model years to begin this summer.

We realize that’s a long wait, so when we say, “Thank you for your patience,” we mean it. We are working on increasing production and will let you know when the ordering process begins.

Rest assured, your reservation still stands, and you can view the details below. If you decide to cancel your reservation, we understand. But we hope you’ll stick with us on this epic ride.

5/20/2021​

Reservation Date

1084839XX​

Reservation Number

hallett21

Reaction score
I reserved the early am just after the reservations period opened. They already informed me I would not get a 2022. I anticipate the third or fourth quarter of 2022 as a 2023 model.
thank you for reserving the F‑150® Lightning™ truck and joining us on this game‑changing journey.

We promised to keep you updated along the way, so we want you to know: all invitations to order a 2022 model year have been sent. We expect invitations to order future model years to begin this summer.

We realize that’s a long wait, so when we say, “Thank you for your patience,” we mean it. We are working on increasing production and will let you know when the ordering process begins.

Rest assured, your reservation still stands, and you can view the details below. If you decide to cancel your reservation, we understand. But we hope you’ll stick with us on this epic ride.

5/20/2021​

Reservation Date

1084839XX​

Reservation Number
So where are they getting the 200k reservation cut off number? Clearly there are more than that, well before December

boatpi

Reaction score
I don't know on the cut off, but as I see it no one over 150K will even see a 2023 model. I did not buy to flip, but I suspect a decent Lariat model will flip for 25K+ in the first year over MSRP. A Lariat with extended battery is 80K.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Your dealer has a list of all his assigned reservations. He was then giving a number of allocations to apply against that list. An example is I had 46 reservations and Ford gave me one initial allocation to fill from that list. You can call your dealer and see what number you are with them.

ConcreteDr

Reaction score
My dealer told me I would be dealing with ford direct there taking the EV business away from the dealers and going direct like Tesla and Rivan
I have several work trucks on order it’s a waiting game guys

Orange Juice

Reaction score
So where are they getting the 200k reservation cut off number? Clearly there are more than that, well before December
More than likely your number is on the list for all cars. You might have a mustang before your #, and an explorer after. Still probably waiting until Fall.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Thank god I’m poor!
The base model is a really nice truck. MSRP $39K.
Increased cooling and the extended range option isn't much more, but those two options on the base model has to be ordered in a fleet deal. Some serious talk Ford dropped that requirement. Dunno for sure.
A fleet deal would mean 5 solid buyers get together and place the order together.

Go drive one. A hell of a truck for a hell of a price.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Hmm. Seems like u can barely make reservations for dinner at 100$. Lol. But let alone a truck. Crazy world these days.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
The base model is a really nice truck. MSRP $39K.
Increased cooling and the extended range option isn't much more, but those two options on the base model has to be ordered in a fleet deal. Some serious talk Ford dropped that requirement. Dunno for sure.
A fleet deal would mean 5 solid buyers get together and place the order together.

Go drive one. A hell of a truck for a hell of a price.
I hope they work all the Mulligans out of them.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Lemon Law has worked for us on several occasions.
Not sure if the Lightning has battery pre-conditioning and Ford needs to work out the links in the one pedal driving mode. Other than that worth the risk for $39K.
AWD on all models standard.