WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

f29 vs f32

jack14r

Reaction score
I have always wanted a f29 or f32 but cannot make up my mind please tell me the negatives,I know most of the positives.I have owned a DCB 22 Laveycraft 27 saber with KE 825 and 4 Fountains,the dcb would run 118 on gps and the Laveycraft would run 106 so I really want a 120 or better package.I am interested in the ilmor but have not eliminated the merc 525 which I have had great luck with,I only want a boat with twins.I have a lake house in North Carolina but will tow this boat to the lake 3-5 times a year,otherwise it will be in my shop in storage.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They are both great boats, the only issue is the F32 will take more power (ie money) to go faster. And the bigger the boat the faster it needs to go to work effectively and to be fun. They are a heavier boat, and with the big power are best built with 6 drives. On the F29 you can get away with a more budget friendly drive.

Our 29 has twin 525's, xr drives, its a turn key, 86 octane, "good" on gas, 116 mph boat. It will run 25 miles to the end of Lake Havasu at 100 and never even begin to overheat. I have thought about a 32 alot, but to do it right, it needs 6 drives, and thats a huge jump in $$$$.

And if you want to buy one I know a guy that has a nice one for sale.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I can't give negatives on either. You've had a DCB, fit and finish is as good as it gets.

32 takes more power, but its bigger, and probably rides a little better. I like the feel of a 29 better. It feels sportier to me. Neither porpoise. Neither will break 120 with 525's.

Ilmors are fantastic. Customer service is better than Merc especially after the warranty. Penske builds the motors right. They are durable, fuel efficient, docile at idle, and I've seen them with well over 600 hours. I've had 710's and 625's, both have been trouble free.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I can't give negatives on either. You've had a DCB, fit and finish is as good as it gets.

32 takes more power, but its bigger, and probably rides a little better. I like the feel of a 29 better. It feels sportier to me. Neither porpoise. Neither will break 120 with 525's.

Ilmors are fantastic. Customer service is better than Merc especially after the warranty. Penske builds the motors right. They are durable, fuel efficient, docile at idle, and I've seen them with well over 600 hours. I've had 710's and 625's, both have been trouble free.

You raise a good point, previous to our 29, I thought all cats porpoised. Our Daytona 26 would bounce about 10 times as you passed through 75 when it was packing air.

jack14r

Reaction score
I am partial to the 29 because of weight,how much more $ were the ilmor 625 and 700 compared to the Merc 525 when new.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I'd guess 20 a side more for the 625 and 30 a side more for the 710.

I want to say a 525 with drive was mid 30's. A 625 is high 40's by itself. 710's were high 50's by themselves.

Last edited:

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Tony at DCB Racing is the man to ask... Great guy and will point you in the right direction, and will give u all the info you need on prices, engine/drives, F29/F32 pkgs.. Both amazing boats.. Might wanna check insurance before u committ.. The M31 is more expensive, but the full windshield looks very clean, and has perfect vision..

F29, F32 w/Ilmor 710/725s Indy drives is a super reliable, fast pkg..

525s is very mild power, if you can live with that over the years...

PokerRun388

Reaction score
If your looking for a used boat...

Powerboatinglistings.com

2006 DCB F29, 525s, red/silver, goregous boat, I saw it at desert storm. boats in AZ, asking 139K. Been for sale all year, so you can work on that price... Just an idea...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If your looking for a used boat...

Powerboatinglistings.com

2006 DCB F29, 525s, red/silver, goregous boat, I saw it at desert storm. boats in AZ, asking 139K. Been for sale all year, so you can work on that price... Just an idea...

I looked at and researched that boat when I was shopping last year. It was a repo and came through the auction in Tucson. The prior owner filled the boat with water, including the tanks, before the repo guy came for it. Sad deal for a beautiful boat. Hopefully it was fixed correctly.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I looked at and researched that boat when I was shopping last year. It was a repo and came through the auction in Tucson. The prior owner filled the boat with water, including the tanks, before the repo guy came for it. Sad deal for a beautiful boat. Hopefully it was fixed correctly.

I know someone who looked at it and said the same thing.

PokerRun388

Reaction score

I didnt know that had happened... What a shame.. they are still asking alot for it 139K?.. geez, its a 2006... Whats your take? seems pricey?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It was bought at the auction for less than 90k. The boat was taken out for a test run after it was dried out, that's when it was discovered that the tanks had water in them as well. I really wanted the boat, closed bow, poker run interior, favorite color, etc. But after talking to a bunch of folks about it I was very well convinced that it would be one headache after another. I was also pretty pissed that the seller said nothing about it. I found out about it through the "DCB circle of friends" so to speak.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
It was bought at the auction for less than 90k. The boat was taken out for a test run after it was dried out, that's when it was discovered that the tanks had water in them as well. I really wanted the boat, closed bow, poker run interior, favorite color, etc. But after talking to a bunch of folks about it I was very well convinced that it would be one headache after another. I was also pretty pissed that the seller said nothing about it. I found out about it through the "DCB circle of friends" so to speak.

Ya, I can see why u were bummed out.. I love the paint job too.. The red and silver looks amazing. When I saw it at desert storm it looked flawless, but I had no idea what had happened.. What went wrong? How did the boat get full of water?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Did u ever sell your F29?.. Its no longer in the OSO classifieds..

No. I had a lot of trade offers, just no cash offers. I had cars, rvs, property, and four boats, lol. I should have taken the Lamborghini a guy offered, not that I wanted it, but it would have been fun for a minute.

I'll list it again in the spring, it's still for sale just not advertised.

I have an 09 F29 with a single Teague 800 for sale also. (listing it for a friend).

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No. I had a lot of trade offers, just no cash offers. I had cars, rvs, property, and four boats, lol. I should have taken the Lamborghini a guy offered, not that I wanted it, but it would have been fun for a minute.

I have an 09 F29 with a single Teague 800 for sale also. (listing it for a friend).

Matts?, he told me he was going the way of the toon.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Ya, I can see why u were bummed out.. I love the paint job too.. The red and silver looks amazing. When I saw it at desert storm it looked flawless, but I had no idea what had happened.. What went wrong? How did the boat get full of water?

Owner put a hose in it

PokerRun388

Reaction score

Your boat was the best deal in there.. F29, 710s/TCM Drives, great price.
I saw it at desert storm, it looked great.. Hopefully you'll have it on display in april at the boat show/poker run.. Why are u selling it ?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Your boat was the best deal in there.. F29, 710s/TCM Drives, great price.
I saw it at desert storm, it looked great.. Hopefully you'll have it on display in april at the boat show/poker run.. Why are u selling it ?

I have a house in Parker and it's just too much boat for the strip. We used to stay at the Islander, and an F29 works great in Havasu. Parker is just not the ideal place for a twin engine cat IMO. I wish I still had my 26.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I have a house in Parker and it's just too much boat for the strip. We used to stay at the Islander, and an F29 works great in Havasu. Parker is just not the ideal place for a twin engine cat IMO. I wish I still had my 26.

Ya, I hear you.. An F29 is alot of boat for the river... Hopefully it will sell soon, so you can get back into a single/F26.. thats a perfect size cat for those conditions..

I was thinking the other day about how I would love to have an
F26, Ilmor725/Indy pkg..Man, that would be a boat.. Lol:rolleyes:

PAL

Reaction score
$149K 2HRS ON FRESH TEAUGE 800 AND BLOWER REBUILD =$18K
10 HRS ON ALL NEW GEARS & SHAFTS TEAUGE PLAT DRIVE = $8700

Attachments

• DSC_7261 copy.jpg
    DSC_7261 copy.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 460

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
I might know a guy selling an F26 with Teague 800 MMW drive and a spare for the right coin :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jack14r

Reaction score
The F29 has a great profile that I really like and the ilmor package apparently really fits this cat.I will keep looking for just the right boat at the right price,I really like the closed bow look and I am sure that they are a little faster and might handle and trim better.

BMABITY

Reaction score

I saw that boat in Havasu all the time 2 summers ago. Did the owner who had it in Havasu do the damage? I talked to the guy and he said he bought from a guy in Vegas in summer of 2009.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I saw that boat in Havasu all the time 2 summers ago. Did the owner who had it in Havasu do the damage? I talked to the guy and he said he bought from a guy in Vegas in summer of 2009.

I would assume so, it was for sale following the auction / after the water damage around the beginning of this year when we bought ours and I decided to pass on it.

Pretty sure it was called Waynes World...........

[video=youtube;NfYNZH2DXoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfYNZH2DXoQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfYNZH2DXoQ[/video]

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I saw it in the water at desert storm this year, back in april... Did the water damage happened before/after DS ?... becuz it looked great, when I saw it..

Outdrive1

Reaction score
After watching that video I'm not sure that's the boat I'm thinking of. The red one that was a repo etc. was for sale for about a year at a dealer in Chandler, Az. I saw it at Pleasant once, it's a great looking boat in person. I didn't recognize it on the video, but I'm watching it on my phone.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
After watching that video I'm not sure that's the boat I'm thinking of. The red one that was a repo etc. was for sale for about a year at a dealer in Chandler, Az. I saw it at Pleasant once, it's a great looking boat in person. I didn't recognize it on the video, but I'm watching it on my phone.

The boat im thinking of is currently on powerboatlistings.com

go to the bottom of the screen, click DCB, you'll see a red/silver F29, 525s,, tribal paint job... That boat ?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
The boat im thinking of is currently on powerboatlistings.com

go to the bottom of the screen, click DCB, you'll see a red/silver F29, 525s,, tribal paint job... That boat ?

Just looked, thats the one, still at the same dealer also.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Just looked, thats the one, still at the same dealer also.

It looks great on the trailer, I love it.. but ya, the water damage has to be why it hasn't sold.. I've been keeping an eye on it,, been in the classifieds all year.. Did u ever look at in person?

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but were u there when the Orange M35 rolled? Wanted to get your take on that incident?.. I saw Dave was right there in the Green M31, and Tony was in an F32.. was your F29 there?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
It looks great on the trailer, I love it.. but ya, the water damage has to be why it hasn't sold.. I've been keeping an eye on it,, been in the classifieds all year.. Did u ever look at in person?

I saw it at the marina dock, thought it was good looking in person. At least from a couple of feet.

As for the 35, I've heard they had a steering issue story from a few different people. That's just a rumor until someone from DCB or the owner confirms it though. Other than that your guess is as good as mine.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I saw it at the marina dock, thought it was good looking in person. At least from a couple of feet.

As for the 35, I've heard they had a steering issue story from a few different people. That's just a rumor until someone from DCB or the owner confirms it though. Other than that your guess is as good as mine.

Sounds good. Btw, I have a cell phone pic of your F29 from DS.. Love the Green standoff boxes, Poker Run Interior looks bitchin..!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Sounds good. Btw, I have a cell phone pic of your F29 from DS.. Love the Green standoff boxes, Poker Run Interior looks bitchin..!

Thanks for the compliments.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Anytime... FYI DCB is building that M41 for Desert Storm... Also an M31 w/ Merc 1100s for Miami...

I can't imagine what the cost of a new M41 is gonna be.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I can't imagine what the cost of a new M41 is gonna be.

Me either... I can only imagine.. I think Tank told me the Green M31 w/1350s was in the 700-800K range.. Can wait too see the finished M41.. You know its gonna look unbelievable...

hallett21

Reaction score
Me either... I can only imagine.. I think Tank told me the Green M31 w/1350s was in the 700-800K range.. Can wait too see the finished M41.. You know its gonna look unbelievable...

What kinda speed are they projecting? Seems pretty hard to top the m31 with 1350's lol

PokerRun388

Reaction score
What kinda speed are they projecting? Seems pretty hard to top the m31 with 1350's lol

Lol, im not sure.. I think Tony said the M41 will have 1350s too.....I can't wait too see it..... I guess we have to wait til April.. Lol;)

jack14r

Reaction score
Outdrive1,I sent you a PM,I am not sure you got it,let me know.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Outdrive1,I sent you a PM,I am not sure you got it,let me know.

I didn't, I think you need ten posts before you can pm. Shoot me an email. It's outdrive(at)cox.net just replace the (at) with an @.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Outdrive, are u going to buy a smaller, F26..? when the F29 sells?:rolleyes:

PokerRun388

Reaction score
If I can find the right one. If not I'll buy a TT Schiada.

Schiada?.. NO Way Outdrive! Your a DCB Guy! lol..;) I wonder if your gonna miss the ride of an F29 cat? when its gone....What a great boat w/710s..

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Schiada?.. NO Way Outdrive! Your a DCB Guy! lol..;) I wonder if your gonna miss the ride of an F29 cat? when its gone....What a great boat w/710s..

Lol, they're 625's. Either way I've owned a lot boats and a Schiada would just be another one on the list.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Lol, they're 625's. Either way I've owned a lot boats and a Schiada would just be another one on the list.

Lol, opps sorry, i mean't 625s..;)...Mite be hard to find the right F26.. Hardly ever see any newer one's for sale.. F26, what a great single..