WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Factory Five 33 Ford

jesco

Reaction score
Anybody ever built one of theses or know somebody that has??? They look pretty cool, kit comes with everything to complete less motor and drivetrain. They make it sound easy, just wondering how much hammering and tweaking it really needs.... You can also upgrade to all steel body in lieu of glass.

http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/33-hot-rod/

Attachments

• IMG_1880-694x413.jpg
    IMG_1880-694x413.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1990-694x413.jpg
    IMG_1990-694x413.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2079-694x413.jpg
    IMG_2079-694x413.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9

riverroyal

Reaction score
the KIT does not come with everything and will NOT look like that from a KIT! NOt even close, also I hope you have a good fiberglass guy to straighten everything

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have had a hand in one, a Cobra around 2000-2010.

It came out badass, but it was a two year project. Had a few bitchen billet parts. ;)

347 small ford, modern fuel injection and whatever is the normal 6 speed is, I think, maybe 5. Donor car was a crunched Mustang.

Could probably do one in 6 months if you were retired, did everything yourself, and had unlimited time and money.

Brian

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My grandpa helped a friend of his build a nice one. I don't know about the paint and body, but the mechanicals and electrical were all bolt/plug in place and a dozen old Hot rodders (I mean like first generation hot rodders, around 70+ years old) put it together over 2 weekends.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Registering it AS a 33 is the trick. They should help you with that. If they don't, I can give you the jist of how to do it, although you will likely have to wait until jan 1st '18.

Do some research on this if you haven't already.

I actually think there was a thread on here a few years ago about a member who did it.

Brian

jesco

Reaction score
the KIT does not come with everything and will NOT look like that from a KIT! NOt even close, also I hope you have a good fiberglass guy to straighten everything

Kit "seems" like it comes with pretty much everything but Im sure theres stuff missing or stuff you'd likely change once you see how janky it actually is. A good friend owns 3 body shops and one of his guys has restored a few old Vettes so Id have him do the body work. Wouldn't be in a hurry to build it, just thought it looked like a cool option. Thanks for the input.

jesco

Reaction score
My grandpa helped a friend of his build a nice one. I don't know about the paint and body, but the mechanicals and electrical were all bolt/plug in place and a dozen old Hot rodders (I mean like first generation hot rodders, around 70+ years old) put it together over 2 weekends.

Yeah looks like they have put together a good system that goes together fairly quick, two weeks ends is FAST!!! I bet those old dudes had a blast doing it

jesco

Reaction score
Registering it AS a 33 is the trick. They should help you with that. If they don't, I can give you the jist of how to do it, although you will likely have to wait until jan 1st '18.

Do some research on this if you haven't already.

I actually think there was a thread on here a few years ago about a member who did it.

Brian

Thanks for the info, Ill do a little digging and see what I can find.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah looks like they have put together a good system that goes together fairly quick, two weeks ends is FAST!!! I bet those old dudes had a blast doing it
Oh yeah they did. My grandpa (the oldest of the bunch) would always, and still does, say "those old Fuckers don't know how to wire anything to save their lives!" Lol

SuperDave013

Reaction score
there is one that often runs Adam's Motorsports Tuesday time attack. It's a fucking beast too. More rubber on one corner then my Subie has all the way around.

rvrrun

Reaction score
We had one in the shop with a mod motor in it and it looked decent. The are different than a street rod or hot rod, and probably more akin to the FF cobra. There was a build of one on one of the Sunday powerblock shows.

They are a definitely better then the CMC "street beasts" 33, those are a huge pile.