WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fake Meat of the Auto Industry

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't get adding the sound ?

My buddy took me for test drive in his Model S plaid

The cool thing about the 1.9 second 0-60 and 3 second 0-80 is that it is almost silent. Almost spooky but cool

Just keep EV's what they are but again like others have said that is no more lame than a stock civic with exhaust so loud that it wakes up the entire block.

It's an acceptance thing.

Here is another example...

Mini Coopers originally came with a CVT trans. Like a snow mobile? Or a side by side has?

The engine is always running at the same speed, but the rubber band changes as the speed increases. So? No shifting required as you go faster.

The powers that be figured the general public would NOT accept that (in a car), so they built shift points into the belt/trans.

BMW KNEW their target market would be complete imbeciles.

Same as Dodge does...

😉😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If this is a serious question…
Not really, especially compared to things like HVAC and drivetrain.

For an EV, we’re more concerned with mass and packaging than power consumption. Our Class D amps are remarkably efficient.
Showing my age here...
I haven't messed with big stereos in almost 20 years.
The old Lanzar Opti500 was 1000w @4ohm...2000 @2ohm...but F'me! The things would draw 150+ amps! Extra batteries and alternators from ambulances were common installs.

rrrr

Reaction score
Dodge's new electric car with fake exhaust noise from speakers, fake shift feel via motor control..... 🤦‍♂️

Just like fake meat, if real meat is so bad why you trying so hard to make this shit taste and look like it.

Hopefully we look back at this shit like the Pontiac Aztec in 10 years... If you are gonna make an electric car just make it, don't try to shoe horn it into a muscle car's body.

And i have nothing against electric cars, this is just gay.

Oh fer fuck's sake...

rrrr

Reaction score
So lame. I can’t stand fake shit on cars. Fake air scoops and diffusers. And how about BMW piping in fake engine sounds on their stereo systems..... and not being able to disable it.

A few years ago my buddy Randy bought a new diesel F-350 dually. He told me all about it over the phone, and insisted I meet him at the sports bar a few blocks from my house so he could show it off to the regulars there. I made a stop at AutoZone on the way to the bar.

There it was, parked all by itself a few rows from the door, shining and looking good. Randy was already inside. I eased over to the truck, proceeded to install the stick on fake carbon fiber speed holes I had bought at AutoZone on each front fender, and went in the bar.

When we went outside to look at his truck, I thought he was gonna shit his pants when he saw his new custom bits. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

😁

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 22

WAAZ

Reaction score
There was a movie about this. Starred Kevin ….James
Wasn’t it a Charger in the movie too?? I tried to find the name, but no luck. As I recall, it wasn’t horrible. Does anybody know the name of the movie?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Found it. The Dilemma. With Vince Vaughn. Car sound was a sub plot.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Not exactly on topic, but the transition to EV is taking all the fun out of the industry. Everyone will pay the same and all F+I will be web transparent. I’m done, this will be last year. The manufacturers want dealers only to sell their product and limit exposer to alternative financing. If traffic is driven to their approved site and only their products it gets pretty limited. I got into sales so no one could determine what my time was worth. Thank God I moved to TX and started ranching.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
It's an acceptance thing.

Here is another example...

Mini Coopers originally came with a CVT trans. Like a snow mobile? Or a side by side has?

The engine is always running at the same speed, but the rubber band changes as the speed increases. So? No shifting required as you go faster.

The powers that be figured the general public would NOT accept that (in a car), so they built shift points into the belt/trans.

BMW KNEW their target market would be complete imbeciles.

Same as Dodge does...

😉😁

F that trans! Although the 6 speed in an 05 JCW is damn fun! Until you have to work on them.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Shes lucky. She has a dad that likes working on stuff. 👍🏼

What was she competing against? A 61 VW bug? 😁

😀 Bracket racing. Car runs 16.30's. She dials 16.60's and dumps on em. Kid can drive the top end. Downside is one win cost us a clutch and as you're eluding too they suck to work on,,,, In fact I have to go to Sacramento to bring the car home cause she lost a seal and soaked the badass clutch we put in a year ago..:mad:

IMG_3728.PNG

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
😀 Bracket racing. Car runs 16.30's. She dials 16.60's and dumps on em. Kid can drive the top end. Downside is one win cost us a clutch and as you're eluding too they suck to work on,,,, In fact I have to go to Sacramento to bring the car home cause she lost a seal and soaked the badass clutch we put in a year ago..:mad:

View attachment 1148313

Like I said...

It's good she has a dad that like to work on...

Stuff. 👍🏼

mbrown2

Reaction score
dark dark times ahead of us folks...

everyones going to be driving around in golf carts, eating fake meat, watching VR / AR, and married to "non-biological women"

RIP
What's the problem with that last one? :)

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
This reminds me of the Wheel Squeal 8 track tape in the 70's. You played it in your car to make it sound like you were peeling out. Does anyone remember the commercials on TV?

For a reference, about the same time the Ronco Mr. Microphone product came out. LOL

Last edited: