WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fastest 4 Door production Sedan-2023 Dodge "Last Call" HELLCAT King Daytona, 1 of 300

boatpi

Reaction score
The history/story. I met Big Willie a number of times back in the day. He did a lot to take street racing on to the drag strip. Smart guy, and well connected.

MSRP 100K, all to be semi hand built in 2023 at one point. And yes..............I am in for one. Time to wait up to a year.

I could have purchased a 2023 Challenger HELLCAT "Black Ghost", but the 4 door is my thing. Both are 1 of 300 special editions.

81Sprint

Reaction score
That is a badass ride, always liked the look of the Charger. Just a mean 4 door. I imagine the collectors will scoop these up.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Met and spoke with Big Willie quite often at Terminal Island. Seemed like a good guy and definitely ran a tight ship at the track. I remember a fight breaking out and him standing on the roof of his motorhome with an AR15 and threatening to use it. Good times.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Aston Martin have a 200+ mph 4door
Mercedes, Porsche, and BMW do as well.

I have ZERO desire to do 200 in a production Dodge!

Or are you confusing quickest for fastest?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Aston Martin have a 200+ mph 4door
Mercedes, Porsche, and BMW do as well.

I have ZERO desire to do 200 in a production Dodge!

Or are you confusing quickest for fastest?
What non tuned (Alpina or braubus) BMW porshe or Benz have a 200+ top speed from the factory?

Lets be honest i don't want to be in any street/production car at 200 mph if things go bad.

Fastest is i believe the hellcat 4 doors. Quickest will be the Plaid.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I don’t see this charger running 9s…🤷‍♂️

But it’s a great time to be alive with all of the “last hurrah” big-power gas engines.

We may never see anything like this again, so let’s enjoy it while we can.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don’t see this charger running 9s…🤷‍♂️

But it’s a great time to be alive with all of the “last hurrah” big-power gas engines.

We may never see anything like this again, so let’s enjoy it while we can.

With a set of tires it might..

boatpi

Reaction score
Quarter mile in 10.87, small mods let it do 200MPH. The engine is almost bullet proof, way different internals than standard 700+HP HELLCAT engine. Should be a blast.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
While not quite a 4 door, these are very much designed to be a comfortable 4 seater

koenigsegg-gemera.jpg

95b9a73eefb5fb0d-org-1639410728.jpg

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Tesla doesn’t count, only kids play with power wheels Justin! 🤣🤣🤣
Peter, I may have to retract, plaid does 218!

While yes, gas feels good. But damnit, I’ve been in some fast cars. As early as the AWD DSM’s that would launch violently. I think the Road Racing Engineering car I drove 0-60 @ <3.2 (?) and that was 25+ years ago - in heavily boosted 4 cylinder!!!! Not the same game, BUT the game has changed.

BTW, oil checks pay for our model S. Suck that tree huggers 😂

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Jesus one good sized pothole in that thing and your either high centered or out a tire or two.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It's a shame they never did a 2 door Charger. I would have thought that the Daytona version could have been a nod to the real Superbird, make it 2 door and epic.

Personally I would have stuck with the Ghost. I prefer the Challenger over the 4 doors.

I guess Dukes of Hazzard ruined me for the Charger, it just never looked right to me as a 4 door.

satellitemike

Reaction score
The history/story. I met Big Willie a number of times back in the day. He did a lot to take street racing on to the drag strip. Smart guy, and well connected.

MSRP 100K, all to be semi hand built in 2023 at one point. And yes..............I am in for one. Time to wait up to a year.

I could have purchased a 2023 Challenger HELLCAT "Black Ghost", but the 4 door is my thing. Both are 1 of 300 special editions.
Who do you have to kill to get on the list?
I would gladly throw 100k+ at one, it's going go thru the roof as a collector car!

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Peter, I may have to retract, plaid does 218!

While yes, gas feels good. But damnit, I’ve been in some fast cars. As early as the AWD DSM’s that would launch violently. I think the Road Racing Engineering car I drove 0-60 @ <3.2 (?) and that was 25+ years ago - in heavily boosted 4 cylinder!!!! Not the same game, BUT the game has changed.

BTW, oil checks pay for our model S. Suck that tree huggers 😂
Which RRE car? I used to crew with them

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Which RRE car? I used to crew with them
Small world we live in. I grew up in HB until booted out for college.

‘96 GSX with a 20g and the works. I’ll have to see if I can dig up a picture. Unfortunately, no digital back then. A few cars are lost, only to remain in memory.

boatpi

Reaction score
Kill, no, but they are I would imagine all spoke for nationwide within 24 hours, including the Black Ghost.

I am just close to a dealer having purchased in the past. When the special editions were announced, I called them. Asked to have the King Daytona, if not I was already going to order a Hellcat Charger Jail Break in Sub Lime. The hour they released the order bank, he called me and said "it is your for 10K over MSRP", if not that have 5 people behind me that will buy immediately. They got one of each. Needless to say I went for it.

The King like the Black Ghost is an all in one, no option car. I would have preferred to delete the moonroof, no need for that tin Vegas. That is a work in progress.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Kill, no, but they are I would imagine all spoke for nationwide within 24 hours, including the Black Ghost.

I am just close to a dealer having purchased in the past. When the special editions were announced, I called them. Asked to have the King Daytona, if not I was already going to order a Hellcat Charger Jail Break in Sub Lime. The hour they released the order bank, he called me and said "it is your for 10K over MSRP", if not that have 5 people behind me that will buy immediately. They got one of each. Needless to say I went for it.

The King like the Black Ghost is an all in one, no option car. I would have preferred to delete the moonroof, no need for that tin Vegas. That is a work in progress.
Very nice! If any other special editions pop up, I would love to hear about them.

boatpi

Reaction score
My connection has the following allocation of the Scat Pack models, they are of course NOT a HELLCAT blown models;
2023 Dodge.PNG

boatpi

Reaction score
Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
Dodge has hinted at a ecm under development that will use E-85. Possible horsepower 950.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Sorry guys. The Plaid is governed to only 162. Not even in the hunt for fastest 4 door.

Oh, we're talking top speed only.. Gotcha.. Yeah, they have it governed at 175mph. Unlocked it's 216mph.. So top speed you're right :)

When I think of how fast cars are I think about 0-60, quarter mile etc.... Usable speeds

Enen

Reaction score
Sorry guys. The Plaid is governed to only 162. Not even in the hunt for fastest 4 door.

I've personally driven my Plaid A LOT faster than 162. A Plaid will walk this car like it forgot to take its parking brake off from a dig or a roll at any speed.

I'm not throwing shade at your new car @boatpi . I think they are really cool. Congrats on adding the new whip to your impressive stable. 👍

boatpi

Reaction score
But a plaid does NOT have sound!

Enen

Reaction score
But a plaid does NOT have sound!
That is a fair point, and I absolutely agree with you. The absence of stimulation of our sense of sound is the achilles heel of EV's. The blower whine combined with the gnarly V-8 of the Hellcat is unbeatable. One of the reasons your new car is special, it unfortunately is the last of that era.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
To be fair, the Plaid is a production 4-door sedan that will walk from a Bugatti from a stop or a roll…straight off the showroom floor.

Some EV’s are literally insane.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I've personally driven my Plaid A LOT faster than 162. A Plaid will walk this car like it forgot to take its parking brake off from a dig or a roll at any speed.

I'm not throwing shade at your new car @boatpi . I think they are really cool. Congrats on adding the new whip to your impressive stable. 👍
It stock. That was the point. I’ve seen 250 mph Mercs Onc e again not stock so doesn’t mean shit.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Have to wonder how long a Plaid could sustain 190.

I bet a Salesman at the BMW Dealership $1000 that my Comp M5 could take his Plaid in the quarter. Best 6 out of 11 in a row. He turned me down… 😉

ChrisV

Reaction score
Looks like a badass car to go swing at intersections.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Pfft.

You guys and your lame ass electric toys.

69 Camaro's will stomp all over that fucking turd.

Can a plaid run a 7 second quarter mile? This one does with leaf springs....

How about a 266 MPH Z/28? HAHA SUCK IT ELECTRIC FAGS! 😈😝

You know how I know you are not gay? You get a semi watchin those 2 videos.....😆😉

Enen

Reaction score
It stock. That was the point. I’ve seen 250 mph Mercs Onc e again not stock so doesn’t mean shit.
The only thing done to mine is lowering links and a set of wheels. Otherwise completely stock. I've exceeded the speed you posted by +40mph. Hitting 185 is easy, actually scary how quick it happens. Maybe the new ones have speed restrictions? Mine doesn't.

*Edit. The cars with 19" wheels come with a speed restriction. In order to have the higher top speed, you've got to spring for the factory 21" wheel upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_3280.jpeg
    IMG_3280.jpeg
    978.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Enen

Reaction score
Pfft.

You guys and your lame ass electric toys.

69 Camaro's will stomp all over that fucking turd.

Can a plaid run a 7 second quarter mile? This one does with leaf springs....

How about a 266 MPH Z/28? HAHA SUCK IT ELECTRIC FAGS! 😈😝

You know how I know you are not gay? You get a semi watchin those 2 videos.....😆😉
That 69 Camaro is badass. It would absolutely win at a drag strip. We are starting to get into an apples/oranges situation by bringing this awesome purpose-built drag car into the conversation.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That 69 Camaro is badass. It would absolutely win at a drag strip. We are starting to get into an apples/oranges situation by bringing this awesome purpose-built drag car into the conversation.

Just sayin.

No matter what electric RC Car crap comes out, they are just trying to be bad, but they've been stomped already, individual media only shows their own narrative.

Don't get me wrong, I am as impressed as everyone else at EV's, they have really upped the bar, and are doing amazing stuff.

You have to be honest about it to some degree.

The true facts are that ICE race technology is still pushing, every year, with reimagining, and redefining the limits of the road going ICE chassis and it's abilities.

The true craftsmen and pioneers are still capable of amazing feats, still smashing the extreme limits of speed and acceleration, ignoring modern tech.

It's my big stick to fuck with EV braggarts, and I'll keep waving it, as long as I can.

Nothing beats the sound of a well tuned, maximum HP ICE on the cam singing......turbo and blower whine just adds depth to the song!

boatpi

Reaction score
This should be interesting. I just got a call from my dealer today. The king Daytona is built and been ready for shipment out of the plant in Brampton Ontario Canada.
From what they could tell, it’s the first day of build of any special edition last call hellcat. Who knew anyway, it’s gonna take probably a month to get down here.

I’ll post photos when it arrives.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I’ve heard that a requirement to owning a charger is that you have to also own a pit bull a not know who your father is…

Last edited:

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I’ve heard that a requirement to owning a charger is that you have to also own a pit bull a not know who you father is…
And it has to have straight pipes and you have to hit the limiter with ever shift