WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fastest Boat On Havasu

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
You forgot to add the 7 mph floating down river. 67,007 mph, I believe. 👍

Dan'l
It’s parked by the side of garage right now or I would have calculated the the angle of incidence relative to the rotation at axis of the earth and added in the the surface speed of the boat. 😁

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The fastest boat on the river has always been, and will continue to be…….. A flatty Drag Boat.

3000hp and 19’ is hard to overcome! Let’s call it the 300mph club.

No flats running 300..

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The fastest boat on the river has always been, and will continue to be…….. A flatty Drag Boat.

3000hp and 19’ is hard to overcome! Let’s call it the 300mph club.
Unless there is a ripple in the water ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DWC

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
No flats running 300..
What type of boat is in Wheelers video? I am pretty sure it’s a drag boat. It’s 270 something Mph. The drag boat top speed record has been north of 300mph for many years.

farmo83

Reaction score
What type of boat is in Wheelers video? I am pretty sure it’s a drag boat. It’s 270 something Mph. The drag boat top speed record has been north of 300mph for many years.
Top fuel hydro. The pilot in that video crashed in texas the year after that video was taken. He's a vegetable now. Very sad situation.

farmo83

Reaction score
Talked to Mr Teague at DS 21, he stated his shoot out days are over. Too old for that and he has nothing to prove.
I talked to Bob at an event and he said the boat isn't configured for top speed, he set it up for acceleration and being able to cruise around at a good clip.

He said it would be quite a while before he made a top speed run and commented he's only maxed out his skater 1 time since owning it.

Reactions: DWC

hawgty55

Reaction score
sure there could be classes or sizes but isnt that guy in the red m35 that cut everyone off in the poker run at desert storm a couple years back supposed to be pushing big numbers. And not sure if its his video on youtube but lynchmobs shiada would be my pick for parker no matter what!!

Duramax

Reaction score
Not ever happening.
LOL....

I agree with a lot of the posts here

The White Lightning HTM is bad ass! I have a soft spot for HTM's, and the owner runs the shit out of that thing, I love that the most. His IG is bad ass. Super clean too.

Many fast DCB's with Mercury 1350 power, etc.

Spooled Up is cool. Great paint with 1350 I believe. I am sure it runs pretty good.

Hellfire has always been one of my favorites. The rebuild just improved on the original, and it is great that Jeff kept the "Hellfire" name. What an iconic Skater. If you would spool that thing for a long run, who knows how fast!

But....

There has never been a Skater as light or with as much power as Predator III has. If it can hook up, in 3/4 mile it should hit 200, and if it is geared taller, I can't imagine the speed it could put up. If you run the numbers in BAM it is unbelievable.

Vern is great, builds the best drives in the industry, and has a resume a mile long in the offshore world and I have the utmost respect for him, but it is a little unfair to say he is the reason Predator ran those speeds at the end. Years and years of time and truck loads of money spent by skater40 was the reason that old girl was dialed in. No easy feat by any means.

Duramax

Reaction score
sure there could be classes or sizes but isnt that guy in the red m35 that cut everyone off in the poker run at desert storm a couple years back supposed to be pushing big numbers. And not sure if its his video on youtube but lynchmobs shiada would be my pick for parker no matter what!!
I love watching his feet. The left pedal is dropping the plates to bring the nose down?

Tank

Reaction score
That video of Lynch running the Schiada in Parker is one of my all time favorite videos!! The video of Bobbit saying "fuck it, keep going" when they blow a motor running 180 in the Risky Business Skater is another LOL

FYI, there's no DCB that runs over low 190's that I know of. I believe the Orange M35 with 1550's was / is the fastest DCB built. Buddy owns it now. It's quick. This was in 1350 mode. Reportably has seen 190

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
That video of Lynch running the Schiada in Parker is one of my all time favorite videos!! The video of Bobbit saying "fuck it, keep going" when they blow a motor running 180 in the Risky Business Skater is another LOL

FYI, there's no DCB that runs over low 190's that I know of. I believe the Orange M35 with 1550's was / is the fastest DCB built. Buddy owns it now. It's quick. This was in 1350 mode. Reportably has seen 190

Do you have those videos? The Bobbit vid, the old video in Predator when they hit 160 and Larry is co driving?

Over 170 and shit is coming at you fast.

Tank

Reaction score
Do you have those videos? The Bobbit vid, the old video in Predator when they hit 160 and Larry is co driving?

Over 170 and shit is coming at you fast.
For some reason you can't link lynch's video to RDP. You have to click the "watch on youtube" link.

Video just has some serious cool value. @River Lynchmob gettin' after it!

Here's on of the older Predator videos. Is this the one you're talking about?

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I've never watched that whole video. FAWK! Sean laid it DOWN right around the 7:00 minute mark. Just gave me chills.
It’s amazing how hard that boat runs considering how BIG it is! I think it weighs 12k ish.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I've never watched that whole video. FAWK! Sean laid it DOWN right around the 7:00 minute mark. Just gave me chills.
Any idea how fast that was? Freaking moving.

Duramax

Reaction score
I think Lick This is finally sold. I LOVE that boat even though it needs some love.

counterpart7

Reaction score
For some reason you can't link lynch's video to RDP. You have to click the "watch on youtube" link.

Whats the top speed on Lynch's? Looks stupid fast...

Duramax

Reaction score

Yes! You can hear those old school quadrotors wind up. The video that started it all!

Tank

Reaction score
I think Lick This is finally sold. I LOVE that boat even though it needs some love.
Wonder where it went. I always loved that boat too. One of those iconic boats. The day we jumped onto Bobs Skater, Sean was leaving at the same time with Bob, I was hoping to jump in with them and catch a ride but turned out to be a great run either way. We left Pirates and ran up river towards needles. Then back to Nautical. Was white cap and snotty when we hit Windsor bay (you can see in the last pic below). Bob stayed on it running 120 to 140. Great run.

Bob2.jpg
bob3.jpg
bob4.jpg

Attachments

• Bob1.jpg
    Bob1.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 22

Tank

Reaction score
I thought I heard at one time it ran 175 but not sure where I heard that.

This is another memorable video. Long Beach to Catalina under 15mins
There's nothing quite like big offshore power running in the ocean. those little moments of silence as the throttles are pulled back while the boat airs out. BAD ASS!

or the moments throttles are missed and the ZING from the RPMs go full send. LOL

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

Never been in a V-drive. Is he changing gears between his legs towards the beginning?

lavey jr

Reaction score

I’ve had the pleasure of riding with Gary in his Skater 40ss and also in his Outerlimits I think 42 or 44. The Skater ride was at Havasu but the Outerlimits ride was down in San Diego. We went from San Diego Bay to Mission Bay. Gary is one of the calmest composed drivers I’ve ridden with. He’s also a great guy!

DWC

Reaction score
Wonder where it went. I always loved that boat too. One of those iconic boats. The day we jumped onto Bobs Skater, Sean was leaving at the same time with Bob, I was hoping to jump in with them and catch a ride but turned out to be a great run either way. We left Pirates and ran up river towards needles. Then back to Nautical. Was white cap and snotty when we hit Windsor bay (you can see in the last pic below). Bob stayed on it running 120 to 140. Great run.

View attachment 1099965

View attachment 1099967 View attachment 1099968 View attachment 1099969
The Lick boat was one of the first real performance boats we had ever seen. Boated mostly in Blythe and then mixed in Needles when we had the Nautique. You could here Lick coming for a mile-ish. Sounded like the train was coming by until a blur went by. Loved it going by and would stand out in the water until it came back. Sick boat.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Me being a river person, and never really being on the lake, "White Lightning" is about the fastest I've seen north of Moabi...good sounding ride!
He blew past met yesterday while he was running up to the bridge. I was floating back down. Scared the shit out of everyone.
The guy with the orange and black dcb is always up here going flat out aswell I think it’s faster then white lightning.

Tank

Reaction score
Thanks brother. I built it how I would build a new 40. Now I would just do 1350’s and a bustle extension. Same colors even! Sikkens Pearl
You ready to get into something else again if that caliber?

Duramax

Reaction score
You ready to get into something else again if that caliber?
We have such a ball in our little Eliminator. This last week we did a video for Dave. Hadn’t run the boat in almost 5 months….28yr old 2.5’s and they purred and ran great. A new 36 with 1100’s would be just over a million…yikes

Tank

Reaction score
We have such a ball in our little Eliminator. This last week we did a video for Dave. Hadn’t run the boat in almost 5 months….28yr old 2.5’s and they purred and ran great. A new 36 with 1100’s would be just over a million…yikes
😳😳😬😬 hard pass. 😁

Some of the pre owned 40’s and even classic deck 36’s that pop up look tempting. Everything is just out of control on price right now though.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He blew past met yesterday while he was running up to the bridge. I was floating back down. Scared the shit out of everyone.
The guy with the orange and black dcb is always up here going flat out aswell I think it’s faster then white lightning.
I was supposed to be out this weekend..but two kids with college class projects due Monday. Damn education!

White Lightning, out of all the boats of that size and type running up river, has always had my "vote". It may not be the fastest, but the motor sound is very distinct. Between the cam, the blower and the compression, it just sounds like it's set on kill.

Just the same, @BigRedBryan jet has a distinct sound to it as well. Both at idle, and "on the pipe"...The hot rodder in me will always perk up when boats like those light off. As a bonus, they're loud enough to drown out some of the crap music one may hear on the beaches ;)

Riverryder

Reaction score
I was supposed to be out this weekend..but two kids with college class projects due Monday. Damn education!

White Lightning, out of all the boats of that size and type running up river, has always had my "vote". It may not be the fastest, but the motor sound is very distinct. Between the cam, the blower and the compression, it just sounds like it's set on kill.

Just the same, @BigRedBryan jet has a distinct sound to it as well. Both at idle, and "on the pipe"...The hot rodder in me will always perk up when boats like those light off. As a bonus, they're loud enough to drown out some of the crap music one may hear on the beaches ;)
Yeah that motor idling is crazy!! I like the boat and like you said he drives it like a mad man.