WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fastest Schiada Ever

stoker22405

Reaction score
Does it really matter what yer running on the big end, isn't the real rush the neck snapping acceleration and how quick you get to that big number that makes driving the Schiada's so damn much fun...and of course the looks, and the ability to fly through chop, and of course the looks you get :D:thumbsup:D;):cool::p:D:D

I believe that is the question at hand.....!

AFUEL7067

Reaction score
Leonard Schiada made the Campbell look good and Nick Barron finished the job.... ;) not exactly a splash more like a shave and a hair cut

hallett21

Reaction score
The vector is a schiada splash so scratch one hallet and the 210 doesn't work as a v-drive and takes big big power to go fast

The thread said fastest schiada, didn't specify propulsion type. I and was just pointing out two similar boats that are faster. However you can't argue a schiada's ride and build quality. So please don't define me as a hater.

I am curious about the vector and it being a schiada splash. Schiada has a v hull at somewhere near the 17 degree angle I think. Vector has a delta keel and a deadrise of something like 15-16? I do see similarities but to me they are far from splashes.

Hallett

Reaction score
I have had two vectors & one schiada witch i still have. the last vector i owned had a blown 468 in it with a bravo the boat ran very well & as far as looks i like the style of the vector better. but as far as ride i will take the schiada v-drive that i have now my schiada is a very heavy boat when i talked to Lee he said it is the heaviest 21 he ever built becouse they used it for the Catalina ski race. 4000 lb schiada. with double the glass the schiada has a blown 598 in it now & handles very well. the only reason i sold the Hallett is becouse i wanted a bigger motor steve at savage marine told me if i wanted to go faster i should get a nice schiada v-drive . i have been very happy with the schiada. just my Worthless opinion . :thumbsup

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Yours was the heaviest until he built mine for Gene Welter. My boat was rigged based on all the dimentions from Bad News Travel Fast...it is way heavy with a ballast tank and a aux center fuel tank. I am running 1300hp with 55 gears and the fastest I have seen is 114 and it takes a dead ass set and does not move. It is a great hull that looks as good today as it did when the first one poped out of the mold...are there faster more efficient hulls absolutely but none as sexy and with the longevity of a Schiada 21 RC.

As far as the Vector being a splash...it is not and if you don't believe me perhaps you would believe Nick Barron.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Parker 5-15-09 2.jpg

Parker 5-15-09 7.jpg

Two of my favorite pics...first one was about 112 in the morning the other was about 108 in the afternoon rough...takes a perfect set in any conditions.

Little D

Reaction score
Rhino lining the deck is a good idea especially for the children to play on.

Hallett

Reaction score
Ok yours is the heaviest i was just stating what i was told.
you would know more then me .

Hammer

Reaction score
I have question for you mr lynch. I heard you owned a vector at one time . What makes a 21 RC better or more desirable than a vector. If you had say 1200 HP engine and had a vector and an rc sitting there ready for power what would you pick and why? Say both are v-drives . Or both were I/O's

Hammer

Reaction score
Let's say they were both immaculate rigging and gel coat wise

tony

Reaction score
I have question for you mr lynch. I heard you owned a vector at one time . What makes a 21 RC better or more desirable than a vector. If you had say 1200 HP engine and had a vector and an rc sitting their ready for power what would you pick and why? Say both are v-drives . Or both were I/O's
This is the one he owned and I believe he has had a few more. I owned this one after he did and i've owned several schiada's they are both bitchen boats the bottoms are not the same the vectors are a lot lighter than schiada's I definitely think the schiada's ride better but there both beautiful boat's.

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_1218.jpg
    IMG_1218.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 811

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I have question for you mr lynch. I heard you owned a vector at one time . What makes a 21 RC better or more desirable than a vector. If you had say 1200 HP engine and had a vector and an rc sitting there ready for power what would you pick and why? Say both are v-drives . Or both were I/O's

Well to start...Vector was designed to be an outdrive from the onset where the RC is a v drive. We had a Vector that is pictured above with a # 3 drive with about 1100 hp it is faster than my Schiada from just about a stand still and about the same top speed. I have never driven a Vector v drive but i really enjoyed the Outdrive...it was fast and smooth. To me...and this is totally personal I could have bought the Vector back but I went for the Schiada...I have loved them since i was a kid...to me I love the v drive it handles a ton better i love all the noise and vibration. It is like comparing a BMW to Mercedes. I would take the Schiada if they were both v drives every single time and the Vector if they were outdrives (when I say outdrives I mean # 3 drive...a bravo wont hold that kind of power).

I hope that answered your question.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Like was said above I too believe the Schaida is built far better than a Vector. The only hull that I would say without question that is built better than a Schiada is a Brummett. That Vector was a very fun boat to drive but you definitely felt it was much lighter than my Schiada and did not feel as solid in the rough.

Little D

Reaction score
Like was said above I too believe the Schaida is built far better than a Vector. The only hull that I would say without question that is built better than a Schiada is a Brummett. That Vector was a very fun boat to drive but you definitely felt it was much lighter than my Schiada and did not feel as solid in the rough.

So you have not driven a vector v drive and are comparing a Schiada vdrive with an I/O vector. That's fair.

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
Its good to have choices isn't it :D:D, the love of the boat is all in the eyes and heart, if your a Hallett lover cool, Schiada cool, Howard cool, you get the point, the main lesson is this, someone will always have something more exotic and faster when money is no limit !!:D:thumbsup:D:thumbsup
But the bottom line is all the fun you have when your boating, or bench racing !!!!
Now go to your garages and polish yer rides !!! they might have a speck of dust on it :eek::eek::eek:

vdcruiser

Reaction score
This thread has taken on a new life, the information is getting very interesting . I own a 21 Howard v drive that I like a lot, but the Schiada's are in a class by themselves. I've thought about getting a Schiada, but I couldn't afford to get a engine powerful enough to make is as fast as my Howard. :D

SPECTRABRENT

Reaction score
Lynch,

When you bought your Schiada did you need to rerig the boat?
Also, did you need to do bottom work?

Thanks,

Brent

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I think I remember pretty clearly that Randy's boat broke. Hence the BNTF show.

That makes sense, I vaguely recall him coming back to the beach saying how good the boat was. I know Terry can fill in the blanks for me.

farmo83

Reaction score
While there may not be one out there. Wouldn't a 900-1000hp RT run similar to most big V drives ?

BamBam

Reaction score
Probably less HP then above to run 120 in an RT..

RD

You wouldn't catch me dead in an RT at 120 no way!!! (if you could even drive one there) I have been really fast 110+ in a couple 21 RC's and felt awesome. 90 in an RT and I was ready for a few cold ones on the beach and done boating for the day!!! I am a pure Schiada fan but I don't like the RT at speed.

BamBam

Reaction score
This thread has taken on a new life, the information is getting very interesting . I own a 21 Howard v drive that I like a lot, but the Schiada's are in a class by themselves. I've thought about getting a Schiada, but I couldn't afford to get a engine powerful enough to make is as fast as my Howard. :D

Depending upon the set-up you would be very happy and fast enough with comparable HP to your Howard.

BamBam

Reaction score
While there may not be one out there. Wouldn't a 900-1000hp RT run similar to most big V drives ?

You would be hard pressed to keep a Bravo one together with 900-1000HP!!!

FrznJim

Reaction score

I've run next to a 21RT at 85, those things are like flying a kite, we just eased on by in our 21RC...... see ya!

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Ive been 115 in one, sitting backwards, on a blown out day in parker. I'll let you guys guess which one:p

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Lynch,

When you bought your Schiada did you need to rerig the boat?
Also, did you need to do bottom work?

Thanks,

Brent

The previous owner beat it up pretty good. It needed some cleaning up as far as I was concerned. It drove and handled fine when I bought it but I like a clean boat and I remembered what it looked like new and wanted to get it back to that point. I had the bottom looked at and it was fine as it had been blueprinted when it was built.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
How about these beauty's on the latest Magazine Cover!

Sent from My Boostpower Marine Efi Beacon.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329783561.803759.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329783561.803759.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 918

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, it was a fun photo shoot. They were cool. My job was to operate the scissor lift we have set up for video and media.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
1st time Schiada (as a company?) has been in Performance boats I'm guessing?

RD

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol! They had ads in Hotboat however like us they are a somewhat boutique builder.

WildHorses24

Reaction score

Pretty sure his is close to that range if not in it, (I/O) badass boat but there is deffinitely a pucker factor in any Tunnel...I think we hit close to 90 with 4 passengers:thumbsup

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
Too bad we don't know what the Turbine powered 22' that Parnelli Jones owned ran....to bad most have never seen or knew it was made, had a cool visit with Vince Granetelli a few years back, he remembered it well and had some cool pic of Ron Spindler and Parnelli out playing near the queen mary :):)

BamBam

Reaction score
Too bad we don't know what the Turbine powered 22' that Parnelli Jones owned ran....to bad most have never seen or knew it was made, had a cool visit with Vince Granetelli a few years back, he remembered it well and had some cool pic of Ron Spindler and Parnelli out playing near the queen mary :):)

It would go (fast) but wouldn't slow down. The prop would free wheel (no resistance at zero throttle) and the boat just kept on going. I heard it was cool. I've seen pictures of it. It was re-rigged for conventional power.

Reaction score
My schiada made 1520hp and i run a 45 gear the boat goes 114 anytime regardless. Its buzzing 7100-7200 rpm and would go faster with a bigger gear but 114 is plenty. The acceleration is crazy and the boat takes a mean set and stays like that.
Not crazy about buzzing that kind of rpm but i enjoy the 50-110 acceleration to much to change gears. I run a braksma 2 blade prop. Have a Menkins that's about 4-5 mph faster but its very thin and scares me so it sits in the garage only as a spare.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
My schiada made 1520hp and i run a 45 gear the boat goes 114 anytime regardless. Its buzzing 7100-7200 rpm and would go faster with a bigger gear but 114 is plenty. The acceleration is crazy and the boat takes a mean set and stays like that.
Not crazy about buzzing that kind of rpm but i enjoy the 50-110 acceleration to much to change gears. I run a braksma 2 blade prop. Have a Menkins that's about 4-5 mph faster but its very thin and scares me so it sits in the garage only as a spare.

How many CI ? TT or blown making that 1520HP ?

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Boost # ?
2.6 HP per cube is impressive. :thumbsup

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
That explains the HP.
Agreed that the excelleration to top speed is more thrilling than top speed. I'll be running around 1300HP with a 48 gear at 6200 RPM Im thinking around 106 MPH but crazy excelleration. :blah::blah::blah:

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
I love acceleration!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330195364.548295.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330195364.548295.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 607

HighVoltage329

Reaction score

NICE!!!

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Glenn, yours is looking great! acceleration is the beans!:thumbsup