WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fastest Schiada Ever

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
Paul Chandlers
Rumors have it as being one of the best set up boat out there back in the the day and the fastest. I Believe Mike King had his hands on it start to finish along with the old Cask& Clever boats that were set up well and very fast.Rumor has it also that Wally Clearmans Vector was one of the Quickest and fastest Hallett out there at 126 so we all heard.
Would like to see pics of wallys boat and the set up ????
Is there a name on the boat ???

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Would like to see pics of wallys boat and the set up ????
Is there a name on the boat ???

I will see if I can scan some photos. I was the second owner of Wallys boat after he passed away. Boat # was 444. River Dave drove it a few times and wrote a full story about it. He probably has photos also.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Who were they pulling?

Boat looks Great! Here it is back in the 90s with my Dad and brother Mike observing

855.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Justified. Until someone with another Schiada has achieved the same body of work the Uncle Gary has in Justified,

Gary Haribidian shure has a lot of nephews. You, Campbell Carl, Milk Money and the list goes on.

Does this mean that you and Milk Money are somehow related?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Gary Haribidian shure has a lot of nephews. You, Campbell Carl, Milk Money and the list goes on.

Ouch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKIA36

Reaction score
I know for a fact Franklin has tested that boat in the mid 120’s. There aren’t 8 or 9 Schiadas faster than 125. Yours included. [emoji6]

And there has never been a Schiada faster over all to finish or win the Enduro.

Like I said. You’re speculating on rumors.

From the horses mouth... 4 -21s faster than 128 and 1 in the mid 130s, all EFI and 1 on funny fuel.

I would be suprised a carbed TT running that fast, maybe down river.

But an absolute Enduro and GN LEGEND !

Dean Gang has a 20/21 with an Alky motor in it, should be a contender?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
From the horses mouth... 4 -21s faster than 128 and 1 in the mid 130s.

I would be suprised a carbed TT running that fast, maybe down river.

But an absolute Enduro and GN LEGEND !

Lol. I don’t don’t believe any of them except Alexi. He had video to prove it. [emoji2957]

SKIA36

Reaction score
Lol. I don’t don’t believe any of them except Alexi. He had video to prove it. [emoji2957]

Thats straight from Lee on boats he drove.

milkmoney

Reaction score

That is one of the biggest insults you have ever said or posted towards me.....

Wheeler

Reaction score
Who do you think Wheeler! Heres some more real Fast Schiadas.

I knew it had to be you. I just thought you might want to talk about yourself while given the opportunity. 😁

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Hmm. I thought for sure I had posted Alexi's Video of his 21 hitting 136 in this post before....and it's top speed is faster than that I am sure.

Now I can't find it :(:mad:

Pretty sure it's the Fastest Schiada.

I mean...2400HP....insane! :eek::p

Hah...found a screen shot of the frame in the video....

Lexi's Roid Rage Rod at speed.png

Last edited:

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
I will see if I can scan some photos. I was the second owner of Wallys boat after he passed away. Boat # was 444. River Dave drove it a few times and wrote a full story about it. He probably has photos also.
Would the story be in the ski race legends area

jmeads

Reaction score
Hmm. I thought for sure I had posted Alexi's Video of his 21 hitting 136 in this post before....and it's top speed is faster than that I am sure.

Now I can't find it :(:mad:

Pretty sure it's the Fastest Schiada.

I mean...2400HP....insane! :eek::p

Hah...found a screen shot of the frame in the video....

View attachment 847157

Having owned a few Schiada's in my day. With one being pretty fast with big HP. Nothing will compare to Alexi's boat at a documented 136. To run a Schiada that fast you need the knowledge of how to set up it, the dollars to spend to get the HP needed to get to 136 and balls to drive it that fast. Alexi has all three !!!!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Having owned a few Schiada's in my day. With one being pretty fast with big HP. Nothing will compare to Alexi's boat at a documented 136. To run a Schiada that fast you need the knowledge of how to set up it, the dollars to spend to get the HP needed to get to 136 and balls to drive it that fast. Alexi has all three !!!!

It's a real special setup as well, the hull is stout as shit and weighs a ton, plus he has a magic trick..think extended cav plates with the HP to drive them down harder the faster it goes..... 😈 I'm thinking it's a 150mph Schiada. o_Oo_Oo_O;)🤪🎆🎆🎆🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a real special setup as well, the hull is stout as shit and weighs a ton, plus he has a magic trick..think extended cav plates with the HP to drive them down harder the faster it goes..... [emoji48] I'm thinking it's a 150mph Schiada. o_Oo_Oo_O;)[emoji2957][emoji312][emoji312][emoji312][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Hi John, Of course it’s way past due to rebuild the compound engine in my boat, however I will be putting up some cool older video soon. This summer I hope to swap the long block temporarily with a de stroked big block 366 cubic inch exact long block. I am doing this for a few reasons. Reason 1, it’s ready and a direct replacement as time for my own projects is always limited. But the main reason is we wish to try the compound design on something in the small cubic inch way less torque category to learn a variety of things. What I mean by learn is, LS small cube motors we do periodically make big horsepower but really the torque curves are relatively low. I plan to remove the overdrive in the boat and start with a 40 gear and put 36-40 psi on the little long block. No DYNO just swap it for the summer. I can tune it no problem as this setup not compounded with twin turbos ran 128 in an Eliminator Cat years back on the same 366 cube bottom end. It should be really neat to see if a small cube version of the compound can push my particularly heavy boat at say 8000rpm. I’m guessing it will still go over 100, however if it does or does not , here is the learn!! We already know were it will go in its current setup—which I’m somewhat private about, however I’m satisfied. Our newer designed engines which will be available in 2021 are much smaller for production. They are less money and easier for people to buy compared to our ever slow selling 800 cube platform we spent a lot of effort with yet only a small handful sold. The true test is clear. If it pushes my boat say 100 mph and it is 366 cubes with heads that flow 490cfm, we can test the airflow vs speeds with say 10 psi-40 and gain a ton of knowledge. Then we can remove the engine, put it in the Dyno and log those results and back our way into a small cube package that is affordable with either a turbo or supercharger that’s will work in the masses (A Sterndrive) How cool would it be to have a small cube ANY DESIGN engine make just enough usable torque to push a v drive say 80 and a stern drive 100 for the masses at a reasonable price?!
So this is my plan. We will learn against our normal standard this time. Small cube, big flow, 6 boost levels of test and speeds in a heavy v drive to see how it applies, then mirror it on the Dyno later to gain knowledge to provide better priced boost packages in 2021. We call it “ Project Mighty Mouse” when it’s all done the 650” long block will go back in I assume. [emoji469][emoji1303] The flip side is an 800 cube compound going in another 21 that should send us to the moon![emoji6][emoji1303]

Sent from my Efi Beacon!

Last edited:

WildHorses24

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have driven Chandler's boat when the Cooks owned it, many times in practice pulling Corey including to Catalina a couple of times for race practice, but much faster in some fresh water runs. One particular time that still gets talked about I drove the boat into the turn in front of the Friday race crowd at Bluewater, not lifting the throttle until the boat was halfway through the turn. I drove it in one or two slower class races, and I rebuilt the engine for it a couple of times.

Not sure the rumors were correct on Wally's boat, I was still building engines for GT at that time and there was a lot of work done trying to make it faster for a race in Australia.

Wasn’t Wally one of the first to have a big HP EFI turbo set-up? His nephew was over last night and we were talking about that boat... I don’t remember mid 120’s after Aus but I was at mead with them when they tested it at 120 before shipping it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Wasn’t Wally one of the first to have a big HP EFI turbo set-up? His nephew was over last night and we were talking about that boat... I don’t remember mid 120’s after Aus but I was at mead with them when they tested it at 120 before shipping it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw 115 MPH when I owned Wally's boat, with around 75 gallons of fuel. Yes it was EFI and I never turned up the adjustable boost. I would not doubt it saw 120's in its glory days.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Anyone else see all the mini Schiadas on the strip today? I Saw 4 mini's on one trailer!