WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fastest Schiada Ever

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
I cant wait to get a ride in that ROCKET ! :D

Any time! Half the time I am at events, I get stuck in the jibber jabber and run out of time to go play, so you guys do it for me. Lol

Sent from My Boostpower Marine Efi Beacon.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool!

highlimit9000

Reaction score
Are you just that heavy? Think you'd see a gain if you had an I/o? Cool boat regardless just seems like 700 should get ya more speed

attachment.php

attachment.php

598ci Just about 1000 ponies 11 5/8 X 16 2 Blade 48 gears 94MPH GPS is the best I could get out of it. These 22's are heavy boats

Last edited:

tony

Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

598ci Just about 1000 ponies 11 5/8 X 16 2 Blade 48 gears 94MPH GPS is the best I could get out of it. These 22's are heavy boats
Always loved the original 22s did prime marine rig your boat and did gordy biuld the motor? There use to be a video of your boat I've seen your boat sounded bad ass!!

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice lookin 22 I like the way the step and gel come together. :thumbsup

highlimit9000

Reaction score
Always loved the original 22s did prime marine rig your boat and did gordy biuld the motor? There use to be a video of your boat I've seen your boat sounded bad ass!!

Yes Prime did do all the rigging :) Great Company! The motor was build by HBR Racing Engines in Las Vegas. His shop and Dyno are out near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway...

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Love those projects!

CycloneRacing

Reaction score
View attachment 182959

View attachment 182960

Two of my favorite pics...first one was about 112 in the morning the other was about 108 in the afternoon rough...takes a perfect set in any conditions.

Those pics are sick Lynch. Out of all the Schiada's out there yours in one of my favorites. As far as Fast Schiada's go, Wasnt John Bohls boat really fast when he had it. It has a pad on the bottom that helped it out. I remeber him saying he got 113 out of it one time.

SKIA36

Reaction score
Those pics are sick Lynch. Out of all the Schiada's out there yours in one of my favorites. As far as Fast Schiada's go, Wasnt John Bohls boat really fast when he had it. It has a pad on the bottom that helped it out. I remeber him saying he got 113 out of it one time.

Mr. D, who rebuilt the boat said it saw 118. It started out as the#159 boat built by Mr. D for Bob Schwartz.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
The previous owner beat it up pretty good. It needed some cleaning up as far as I was concerned. It drove and handled fine when I bought it but I like a clean boat and I remembered what it looked like new and wanted to get it back to that point. I had the bottom looked at and it was fine as it had been blueprinted when it was built.

I remember when your boat was up here in Nor-Cal. Mark Heinz owned it at that time. It was clean and ran great. He sold it to Kompaniez when it went back down south and seemed like it always ran good.

Boat37

Reaction score
The schiada that impressed the heck out of me was the flame boat that billy Dunsmore rigged for Scott Wendt. Scott let me borrow that boat at a Parker ski race years ago. That boat got my attention right away at the start by going so fast that it left the water getting on plane. I skiied acrossed a patch of untouched water where the boat was in the air. Heading down that front straight we were going at least 100mph, I waved an up after passing the keys and when Billy gave it more the boat lunged forward. Deffinatly got my attention. Later that lap we broke the tiller arm and the boat spun out running prob close to 90mph and I got to watch the boat drive into the weeds in blue water. I think that boat at that time was making like 14-1500hp. I just wanted to mention that boat because not to many people were familiar with it nor knew how fast it was. Not to many boats accelerate hard when already going 100.

Reaction score
The schiada that impressed the heck out of me was the flame boat that billy Dunsmore rigged for Scott Wendt. Scott let me borrow that boat at a Parker ski race years ago. That boat got my attention right away at the start by going so fast that it left the water getting on plane. I skiied acrossed a patch of untouched water where the boat was in the air. Heading down that front straight we were going at least 100mph, I waved an up after passing the keys and when Billy gave it more the boat lunged forward. Deffinatly got my attention. Later that lap we broke the tiller arm and the boat spun out running prob close to 90mph and I got to watch the boat drive into the weeds in blue water. I think that boat at that time was making like 14-1500hp. I just wanted to mention that boat because not to many people were familiar with it nor knew how fast it was. Not to many boats accelerate hard when already going 100.

Yep!!! X2. He was my dock neighbor on arrowhead with that boat. Not a big fan of flames but I was on that boat. It is one of my all time favorites. I asked Scott a couple months back how it compared to his others and he said not the fastest but close, although it was the scariest because of the hard acceleration at a 100mph

Blytheonian

Budweiser Rd.
Reaction score

I bought the boat from Scott. For sure not the fastest, but maybe the most interesting to drive!

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably closer to half the HP needed to push an RT to 100 compared to a v-drive.

Yes about 30% from tests Lee and I have done. RT's are Definitely an entire different handling experience. Their are a lot of super fast ones running around.
My sisters RT runs about 92 with just real HP. Fun to drive!

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Ive been told of a little 22 with some twin hair dryers that would tickle 117....with an ice chest

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! That's the way!

Community

Reaction score
How many 43s have been built? All I can recall is Lee's and the gray one.

farmo83

Reaction score
That's the only 2 I know of. I don't think they built many 32's either ?

RaceTec

Reaction score
How fast was the Schiada Cat? Did anyone ever buy that thing?

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I guess my Howard running in the 110 area is pretty respectable. My 22 Schiada runs like 62 but that just has a little 454.

Bill Sidney

Reaction score
Paul Chandlers
Rumors have it as being one of the best set up boat out there back in the the day and the fastest. I Believe Mike King had his hands on it start to finish along with the old Cask& Clever boats that were set up well and very fast.Rumor has it also that Wally Clearmans Vector was one of the Quickest and fastest Hallett out there at 126 so we all heard.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Paul Chandlers
Rumors have it as being one of the best set up boat out there back in the the day and the fastest. I Believe Mike King had his hands on it start to finish along with the old Cask& Clever boats that were set up well and very fast.Rumor has it also that Wally Clearmans Vector was one of the Quickest and fastest Hallett out there at 126 so we all heard.

I was fortunate enough to have driven Chandler's boat when the Cooks owned it, many times in practice pulling Corey including to Catalina a couple of times for race practice, but much faster in some fresh water runs. One particular time that still gets talked about I drove the boat into the turn in front of the Friday race crowd at Bluewater, not lifting the throttle until the boat was halfway through the turn. I drove it in one or two slower class races, and I rebuilt the engine for it a couple of times.

Not sure the rumors were correct on Wally's boat, I was still building engines for GT at that time and there was a lot of work done trying to make it faster for a race in Australia.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Paul Chandlers

I own that Schiada now.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be fun to line up a bunch of these X-race boats. I know in nor-cal got down the shoot in front many times. There was a Rayson...

SoCalZero

Reaction score
IMG_2701.jpg

Bad News Travels Fast. Other later RCs were setup similar to this one. Everyone that I know that has been in this boat says that is the best handling Schiada they have ridden in or driven.

welldigger00

Reaction score
View attachment 845513
Bad News Travels Fast. Other later RCs were setup similar to this one. Everyone that I know that has been in this boat says that is the best handling Schiada they have ridden in or driven.

I almost bought this boat before you did. Mama couldn’t get her head around no back seat for the kiddos🤟[emoji684]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
I drove the 900 boat with the throttle mashed to the floor... felt like I was driving a caddy to Vegas. Solid as a rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SoCalZero

Reaction score
I almost bought this boat before you did. Mama couldn’t get her head around no back seat for the kiddos[emoji2937][emoji684]

Nice! Glad I don’t have kids!

vdcruiser

Reaction score
That thing looks serious. Don't see many Schiada's with the engine that far forward.

SKIA36

Reaction score
View attachment 845513

I believe this was built by Mike King for Paul Spencer originally. In its day it was among the fastest 21s. Eventually owned by Paul Chandler.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Justified. Until someone with another Schiada has achieved the same body of work the Uncle Gary has in Justified, it’s all just bench racing. He’s ran that boat for years and won and placed in the Enduro long enough to say he has the “fastest” Schiada. Maybe someone has a drag boat that can beat him?? I don’t care. Gary and Franklin have proven that they can set a boat up, and consistently race it and compete with anybody on the river.

Now back to everyone’s speculating. Lol.

SKIA36

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.
Bob Nixons 21, #714 had the same engine placement-30" from transom to heads.
Justified. Until someone with another Schiada has achieved the same body of work the Uncle Gary has in Justified, it’s all just bench racing. He’s ran that boat for years and won and placed in the Enduro long enough to say he has the “fastest” Schiada. Maybe someone has a drag boat that can beat him?? I don’t care. Gary and Franklin have proven that they can set a boat up, and consistently race it and compete with anybody on the river.

Now back to everyone’s speculating. Lol.

I love Uncle Gary, but there are at least 8-9 Schiada boats faster.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Bob Nixons 21, #714 had the same engine placement-30" from transom to heads.

I love Uncle Gary, but there are at least 8-9 Schiada boats faster.

I know for a fact Franklin has tested that boat in the mid 120’s. There aren’t 8 or 9 Schiadas faster than 125. Yours included. [emoji6]

And there has never been a Schiada faster over all to finish or win the Enduro.

Like I said. You’re speculating on rumors.

RaceTec

Reaction score
I know for a fact Franklin has tested that boat in the mid 120’s. There aren’t 8 or 9 Schiadas faster than 125. Yours included. [emoji6]

And there has never been a Schiada faster over all to finish or win the Enduro.

Like I said. You’re speculating on rumors.

Pictures? Just curious...

Meadsnake

DC855
Reaction score
View attachment 845513
Boat looks Great! Here it is back in the 90s with my Dad and brother Mike observing

Attachments

• 855.jpg
    855.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 287