WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fatal accident on the upper river?

gqchris

Reaction score
This is tragic. Rip. Hits home so close.

I dont see enough blood on scene to think this was an arterial bleed. (My EMT days) I feel like something happened in surgery complications. I had a very similiar tib/fib compund fx from a motorcycle accident years ago. Thats what makes it so painful to read, because he should have survived that.

Please let us know of a gofund me.

Damn it.

cuz_im_CR

Reaction score
IMG_3612.png

Possibly the ski that was involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Zooming in closely you can see the old concrete hotel that was never finished decades ago. There are a lot of river front homes on the Az. side right there.
6AB08473-2383-48B0-A9EF-AA4269B5AE81.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
This is tragic. Rip. Hits home so close.

I dont see enough blood on scene to think this was an arterial bleed. (My EMT days) I feel like something happened in surgery complications. I had a very similiar tib/fib compund fx from a motorcycle accident years ago. Thats what makes it so painful to read, because he should have survived that.

Please let us know of a gofund me.

Damn it.
My thoughts as well, I'm guessing a clot.

Prayers to the family, RIP

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I’m confused, didn’t the news report that the person was charged with DUI?

Separate accident. This is the accident with the dui in needles. Unfortunately my wife and I witnessed the aftermath of the needles accident. Owner of the nor-tech boat was in the water and one of the passengers either fired the boat up or put it in drive and hit the guy in the water with the props.

We saw all the commotion on the boat across river, people throwing things in the water and screaming. Then I saw them lift a guy out by his arms and everyone was yelling call 911.

I flagged them to come beach on our beach while my wife called 911. Once the boat was beached I grabbed the phone from my wife so she could help the victim who was still hanging off the back of the nor-tech on his belly. My wife is an RN. The boat was still running and in drive as everyone rushed to the back of it. I was yelling at the operator to kill the boat and he said he didn't know how, never drove a boat. I was afraid there was going to be more people chopped up in front of me. Luckily my wife saw the boat on, and grabbed a chair to climb on the bow to help the guy. There were 2 other nurses that had ran down from the neighbors house to help. I had my 8 month old in my arms so I couldn't help much and trying to keep an eye on my 5 year old because the beach had become flooded with emergency personal and people.

EMT's arrived 8 minutes from the time we called 911. And life flight probably another 10 minutes later. Probably best case scenario for this unfortunate accident. They used a throwable on the boat to tourniquet the guys bad leg in the water. Then onshore cut an anchor rope to tourniquet the other one, but the damage was too high on the leg to get it properly on.

Scary shit. I will now be removing the key from my ignition when anyone is in the water so a passenger or kid can not accidentally or intentionally start the boat.

We're curious the outcome of the victims injuries. 1 leg was really bad and completely chewed up. Other leg had a couple pretty large cuts and gashes.

This is how the weekend weekend started
Screenshot_20210704-123207_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
This is a pretty bad year with accidents.

Money doesn’t make you an experience boater. With the new wave of boaters now I have a feeling it will be like this for a few years. Sad!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Nurses are bad ass, that guy is alive because they were there, they don’t panic, it’s all business when they go into that mode. I’ve seen it so many times with my wife, they become machines with total focus when the shit hits the fan.

Side note, how does someone have a close to 7 figure boat and be that inexperienced?

RichL

Reaction score
Separate accident. This is the accident with the dui in needles. Unfortunately my wife and I witnessed the aftermath of the needles accident. Owner of the nor-tech boat was in the water and one of the passengers either fired the boat up or put it in drive and hit the guy in the water with the props.

We saw all the commotion on the boat across river, people throwing things in the water and screaming. Then I saw them lift a guy out by his arms and everyone was yelling call 911.

I flagged them to come beach on our beach while my wife called 911. Once the boat was beached I grabbed the phone from my wife so she could help the victim who was still hanging off the back of the nor-tech on his belly. My wife is an RN. The boat was still running and in drive as everyone rushed to the back of it. I was yelling at the operator to kill the boat and he said he didn't know how, never drove a boat. I was afraid there was going to be more people chopped up in front of me. Luckily my wife saw the boat on, and grabbed a chair to climb on the bow to help the guy. There were 2 other nurses that had ran down from the neighbors house to help. I had my 8 month old in my arms so I couldn't help much and trying to keep an eye on my 5 year old because the beach had become flooded with emergency personal and people.

EMT's arrived 8 minutes from the time we called 911. And life flight probably another 10 minutes later. Probably best case scenario for this unfortunate accident. They used a throwable on the boat to tourniquet the guys bad leg in the water. Then onshore cut an anchor rope to tourniquet the other one, but the damage was too high on the leg to get it properly on.

Scary shit. I will now be removing the key from my ignition when anyone is in the water so a passenger or kid can not accidentally or intentionally start the boat.

We're curious the outcome of the victims injuries. 1 leg was really bad and completely chewed up. Other leg had a couple pretty large cuts and gashes.

This is how the weekend weekend started View attachment 1022290

And this is how Saturday ended

View attachment 1022295

View attachment 1022297
View attachment 1022298
View attachment 1022300
View attachment 1022299
This is so hard to read. Thumbs up to you, your wife, and neighbors who helped. Best wishes for the victim.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
This is so hard to read. Thumbs up to you, your wife, and neighbors who helped. Best wishes for the victim.
Just spoke to one of the people that was on the other boat when it happened. The guy is alive and in Vegas ICU. Not sure if they will be able to save his leg. Could've been alot worse if those props hit him in the torso.

77charger

Reaction score
Nurses are bad ass, that guy is alive because they were there, they don’t panic, it’s all business when they go into that mode. I’ve seen it so many times with my wife, they become machines with total focus when the shit hits the fan.

Side note, how does someone have a close to 7 figure boat and be that inexperienced?
You are correct i was helped by an off duty nurse 3 weeks ago while working in havasu she was a friend of my brother and came over asap when i needed help suffered from hypotrenia or something like that low sodium level from drinking too much water flushed my body.I was throwing up,confused,weak,etc

She went into rescue mode without her help i would probably be dead.

RCDave

Reaction score
You are correct i was helped by an off duty nurse 3 weeks ago while working in havasu she was a friend of my brother and came over asap when i needed help suffered from hypotrenia or something like that low sodium level from drinking too much water flushed my body.I was throwing up,confused,weak,etc

She went into rescue mode without her help i would probably be dead.
Wow dude. Glad you are OK

RichL

Reaction score
Just spoke to one of the people that was on the other boat when it happened. The guy is alive and in Vegas ICU. Not sure if they will be able to save his leg. Could've been alot worse if those props hit him in the torso.
Good to hear.

kimbalee

Reaction score
Horrible....could of also took out the kid, the mom, etc....not saying by any means losing the dad is not bad enough but those pics make me cringe at what could of happened !
we need to change the laws, if you run from an accident NO BAIL !

Do we now need water proof camera on boats ? When shit like this happens ?
What a world it has become.
My wife’s good friend’s husband was hit by a drunk in a truck in thedesert while on his dirt bike, left him to die and ran...
Wife saw dust and went out to find his mangled body, while she had to keep the kids in the truck, that asshole had a prior dui and still has not gone to trial, this bullshit needs max punishment .
His name wasn't Aaron Wilder was it? Same incident happened while we were out at Barstow in 2016 - cops came to our camp looking for the black tundra that killed the guy riding the ktm. Awful.

cofooter

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/bullheadci...nI2AivNyw6x0KNc4QVMzGI-5o6bFHTNw&__tn__=<,P-R
Bullhead City Police Department
1tSidnpdonshored ·

Watercraft Fatal Accident - On Sunday, July 4 at about 1:30 p.m., Bullhead City emergency crews responded to a watercraft accident on the Colorado River in the 1400 block of Riverfront Drive.
It was reported that Timothy Randall David Lee, 33 of Ontario, CA, was sitting on the back of a boat’s swim deck when a jet ski crashed into the boat. The force of the crash knocked Timothy Lee’s baby and mother-in-law into the water, but they were reportedly not injured. Timothy Lee suffered serious injuries.
The jet ski reportedly left the scene. Water Rescue Safety lifeguards and boating officers were able to track down the personal watercraft that crashed into the boat. The rental jet ski was being operated by two teenage boys. The 16-year-old operator from Avondale, AZ was cited for failure to use due caution to avoid a collision and rental contract violation.
Timothy Lee was transported to Western Arizona Regional Medical Center. He was later airlifted to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas, NV where he was pronounced deceased.
The report will be forwarded to the Mohave County Attorney’s Office for review of additional charges.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes they found the person on the jet ski.. 16 years old.

Why he isn’t facing hit and run? Fleeing the scene? Manslaughter? Or other charges I don’t know?

Watercraft Fatal Accident - On Sunday, July 4 at about 1:30 p.m., Bullhead City emergency crews responded to a watercraft accident on the Colorado River in the 1400 block of Riverfront Drive.

It was reported that Timothy Randall David Lee, 33 of Ontario, CA, was sitting on the back of a boat’s swim deck when a jet ski crashed into the boat. The force of the crash knocked Timothy Lee’s baby and mother-in-law into the water, but they were reportedly not injured. Timothy Lee suffered serious injuries.

The jet ski reportedly left the scene. Water Rescue Safety lifeguards and boating officers were able to track down the personal watercraft that crashed into the boat. The rental jet ski was being operated by two teenage boys. The 16-year-old operator from Avondale, AZ was cited for failure to use due caution to avoid a collision and rental contract violation.

Timothy Lee was transported to Western Arizona Regional Medical Center. He was later airlifted to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas, NV where he was pronounced deceased.

The report will be forwarded to the Mohave County Attorney’s Office for review of additional charges.

Mototrig

Reaction score

Why he isn’t facing hit and run? Fleeing the scene? Manslaughter? Or other charges I don’t know?

How was a 16 year old kid able to rent a PWC? Isn't there a minimum age to rent? I know the legal age to operate is 16....but dam I suppose people don't give a shit who they rent to as long as the money comes in.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
How was a 16 year old kid able to rent a PWC? Isn't there a minimum age to rent? I know the legal age to operate is 16....but dam I suppose people don't give a shit who they rent to as long as the money comes in.
This is the reason I laugh at the "CA BOATERS CARD". Applicable to everyone, except rentals - go ahead and rent whatever you want, no card required. Have a nice day - CA

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is the reason I laugh at the "CA BOATERS CARD". Applicable to everyone, except rentals - go ahead and rent whatever you want, no card required. Have a nice day - CA
To the same degree, owning a boat doesn't make a person automatically safer as an operator. Owners and renters do stupid things...probably just a much larger percentage of idiot renters.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
This story just really bums me out . . . seems to be happening far to often nowadays.
In regards to PWC's . . .One of the things that sucks, is that you can't get experience on the water w/o actually being on the water. I know "Thanks Captain Obvious" . . . but it's not like there's mandatory drivers education for watercraft like there is when you get your drivers license.
And every type of watercraft handles/ maneuvers differently. I've driven a lot of different types of boats . . . but I've never driven a flatbottom, or even a hydro . . shit for that matter, I haven't even sat on a PWC. But from what I've learned on other boats, would make me be extra cautious driving something new for the first time.
I think when 'new operators' get on an open body of water it obviously during vacation, and to them they don't see any lanes, stop lights, stop signs, or speed limits, so to them it's just a free-for-all and game-on. Sadly, very few take into consideration the consequences of a high speed accident on the water, why would they? . . . they're on vacation, nothing can go wrong. (sarcastic) . Again, 'obviously' you throw in booze, or drugs and it's a bad party waiting to happen.

I don't think there's an easy answer, I sure wish there was.
If i saw some gory pictures or video of prop-chops, death and destruction caused from boating accidents like that film in drivers-education back in highschool, I might think twice . . . but then again if I was 16, I'd probably had laughed it off.

Sad deal all the way around . . . prayers go out to that family. 🙏

propcheck

Reaction score

The D.A. Will elevate the charges after review ( I Hope) it happens all the time in cases. The family will be liable for the kids actions as well as he person who signed the rental agreement and then let the kids operate it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The D.A. Will elevate the charges after review ( I Hope) it happens all the time in cases. The family will be liable for the kids actions as well as he person who signed the rental agreement and then let the kids operate it.
Civil reward would most likely be huge, especially if the parents of each kid have some coin, and then there is the rental companies general liability policy, which may have been voided when they let a kid operate it who wasnt the renter, so more of it falls back on the parents.

cofooter

Reaction score
Some info on the other accident. Talk about this guy having a bad day!!!

Man in critical condition after boating incident near Needles, alcohol involved

John Wright July 6, 2021 Leave a comment

A man is in critical condition after a boating incident over the holiday weekend involving alcohol. He was later arrested for operating a boat under the influence.

On Saturday, July 3rd at approximately 5:51 p.m., deputies with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department’s Colorado River Station Marine Enforcement Unit responded to a report of a boating collision on the Colorado River, near Needles Marina.
Deputies arrived on scene and located a male subject, identified as Adam Archamba, who had been struck by a boat propeller multiple times. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Aviation Air Rescue responded and transported Archamba to a local hospital, where he is currently in critical condition. Archamba was determined to be operating the vessel while under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident.
Archamba was arrested for H&N 655(f) and was booked at the Needles Jail with a bail of $25,000.00, pending a court hearing.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

A man is in critical condition after a boating incident over the holiday weekend involving alcohol. He was later arrested for operating a boat under the influence.

On Saturday, July 3rd at approximately 5:51 p.m., deputies with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department’s Colorado River Station Marine Enforcement Unit responded to a report of a boating collision on the Colorado River, near Needles Marina.
Deputies arrived on scene and located a male subject, identified as Adam Archamba, who had been struck by a boat propeller multiple times. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Aviation Air Rescue responded and transported Archamba to a local hospital, where he is currently in critical condition. Archamba was determined to be operating the vessel while under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident.
Archamba was arrested for H&N 655(f) and was booked at the Needles Jail with a bail of $25,000.00, pending a court hearing.

This info is totally wrong lol

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I see that the overwhelming majority of offenders are from CA. 🤔

Looks like CA residents may be unfairly targeted by the dui police 🤣

Profiling to the fullest. They must think that’s where the $$$$ is. Lol

riverroyal

Reaction score
Having taught pwc safety classes decades ago this type of incident really gets me going.
No fucking way should a 16 year old operate a rental. You can blame the kid but he had no idea what he was doing on the pwc .
Parents and rental company share the blame equal to the kid

Riley1

Reaction score
Having taught pwc safety classes decades ago this type of incident really gets me going.
No fucking way should a 16 year old operate a rental. You can blame the kid but he had no idea what he was doing on the pwc .
Parents and rental company share the blame equal to the kid

I’m not sure I feel the rental company should be blamed. I’m sure it was made clear that only certain people were to drive the PWC.
Judging by who I see renting pwc’s in Laughlin, I’m sure that the renter said “f that, I’ll do whatever I want”.
I think the renter is to blame. And the kid! I was 16. I had a license and was responsible for my vehicle. That kid is definitely responsible for what he did!

cxr

Reaction score
I’m not sure I feel the rental company should be blamed. I’m sure it was made clear that only certain people were to drive the PWC.
Judging by who I see renting pwc’s in Laughlin, I’m sure that the renter said “f that, I’ll do whatever I want”.
I think the renter is to blame. And the kid! I was 16. I had a license and was responsible for my vehicle. That kid is definitely responsible for what he did!

So the future should be to attach the key to those non removable bans (whatever they are called,lol) they use at club and bars and only allowed renters would have access.

i know i know there are ways to cheat. but the above seems reasonable to me.

Riley1

Reaction score
So the future should be to attach the key to those non removable bans (whatever they are called,lol) they use at club and bars and only allowed renters would have access.

i know i know there are ways to cheat. but the above seems reasonable to me.
No. Just common sense and responsibility. If you rent a car, you tell the rental agency who will be driving. No different here.
While I dislike all the rentals in Laughlin (bullhead) Ultimately, it’s the ones renting who are responsible for their actions

riverroyal

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. I think they have some liability in this. If they don’t it will happen again. Rental companies know damn well parents are renting these for their kids.

nowski

Reaction score
While boating in or around the casino area down to Big Bend the new norm for most sea dooers is to spray the boaters. The boaters are sitting ducks, with so many near misses I simply quit boating that area...

Thoughts and Prayers for the Lee Family...

propcheck

Reaction score

How far back was his steering wheel that he was sitting over the props🤔 the deputy may have issued the citation but it won’t stick

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
How far back was his steering wheel that he was sitting over the props🤔 the deputy may have issued the citation but it won’t stick
This article is completely wrong. Adam was the guy arrested for felony dui. The victim was not Adam, it was another guy and he was approx 40 years old. The victim is lucky to be alive.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
I see that the overwhelming majority of offenders are from CA. 🤔

Looks like CA residents may be unfairly targeted by the dui police 🤣
By a county sheriff’s department in California? Yeah, that’s weird.

propcheck

Reaction score
This article is completely wrong. Adam was the guy arrested for felony dui. The victim was not Adam, it was another guy and he was approx 40 years old. The victim is lucky to be alive.
That makes more sense.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Civil reward would most likely be huge, especially if the parents of each kid have some coin, and then there is the rental companies general liability policy, which may have been voided when they let a kid operate it who wasnt the renter, so more of it falls back on the parents.

If they’re from Avondale and renting, I doubt they have much to offer the victims family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
While boating in or around the casino area down to Big Bend the new norm for most sea dooers is to spray the boaters. The boaters are sitting ducks, with so many near misses I simply quit boating that area...

Jeezuz . . . I'm at a loss for words about that one.

Ladsm

Reaction score
THe boaters card is just another revenue stream for California. If they could find a way to charge for it with renters they would.

boatnam2

Reaction score

Thoughts and Prayers for the Lee Family...
I would bet money this is probably what happened, i have had it happen a few times, you can never get in boat and catch them. An accident is when you run into someone you dont see, I got a feeling this wont end up as one.

Kachow

Reaction score

I was there too, what a crazy scene!

Have you heard any updates? My friends and I have been wondering if he made it or kept his legs..

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
That sux 😒 where did u hear this from?

Its listed in this thread, his wife announced it on FB, it was also in the news. The kid that killed him and ran seems to be getting off with a slap on the wrist...and its fucked up.