WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Father-In-Laws Hondo V-Drive (Pics)

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
Thought I would share some boat/paint/rigging pics of my FIL's Hondo getting finished up.

The boat is getting picked up today down south and we will toss an mild BBC in it for the summer and should be building a nice killer N/A motor over the next year or so for it.

Keep an eye out for it in Visalia, CA (Local Lakes) & Parker, AZ.

Floors by Mel's Custom Boats
Rigging by Don Mumma @ Fantasy Rigging

Sams Hondo.jpg
Sams Rigging 2.jpg
Sams Rigging 3.jpg
Sams Rigging.jpg
Sams Hondo Sign.jpeg

oldschool

Reaction score
Nice GT deck. Hope to see you guys out on the lake this summer. Sold my Hondo Sprint a long time ago, wish I could find it again. Last I heard it was under some carport in Porterville with a giant Monster Energy logo on the deck, fock me.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nicely done!!!!

Wbinder

Reaction score
Looks like we’re due for a King’s river meetup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RACER J

Reaction score
Looks like we’re due for a King’s river meetup

Or lake Redinger, I'll be out there memorial weekend. I have a thread on it for anyone that wants to meet up.

Wbinder

Reaction score
Or lake Redinger, I'll be out there memorial weekend. I have a thread on it for anyone that wants to meet up.

That’s sounds like fun I’ve never been

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
Looks absolutely killer, nothing like a big block staring you down.

Gotta ask though, what is up with the floor on the passenger side under the front motor mount on the stringer? Looks like it split.

Good Eye, yeah when Mel’s did the floors they did them really thick and there’s 2 spots that it did that, not much we could do after it was done. He apologized and it is what it is.

dave29

Reaction score
Boat looks fantastic. Of all the boats i've owned I miss two of the. My Hondo Pantera V-drive and my Canyon runner bottom. Your boats are just beautiful.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I think Derek still has his, which is bad ass.

They have a couple, one they just finished not too long ago if i remember correctly, Red and Silver flake. We stopped by and saw them a couple years ago on the way back from Bass Lake, Dean layed up the 32 Spectra's after my dad bought the molds.

oldschool

Reaction score
They have a couple, one they just finished not too long ago if i remember correctly, Red and Silver flake. We stopped by and saw them a couple years ago on the way back from Bass Lake, Dean layed up the 32 Spectra's after my dad bought the molds.
Always something cool in there, like the twin engined v drive 24'er.

RACER J

Reaction score
The red and silver one is his new runner bottom, it came out really nice!!

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
Do you still have the Flat Gone boat, Looks like more power than the last time I saw it

Yes, that is Kyle’s old 69' Sanger my brother-in-law has that one (yes re-powered - it probably has 700 more hp then before 1250hp~) and I have Kevin’s old red 67' Sanger (also freshened up dynoed @ 730hp).

Last edited:

Lifes Rough

Reaction score
Yes, that is Kyle’s old 69' Sanger my brother-in-law has that one (yes re-powered - it probably has 700 more hp then before 1250hp~) and I have Kevin’s old red 67' Sanger (also freshened up dynoed @ 730hp).
Not to be an asshole but if it has any where near that power which I have no reason to think it does not, I Pray that someone has added a prop release, by the way your groups other equipment looks I am sure I am not telling you something you don't already know. BTW the Hondo is bad ass