WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fathers day weekend

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
5E00454E-8DD5-40AA-B7BC-60DED1AC8BF2.jpeg

Happy Fathers Day weekend to all the dads. . We are getting the celebration started early.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Heading out tomorrow. Dad and daughter. Wife still hasnt figured out what i want. Just a 21 RC

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Send her over , she can buy it by Sunday [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

green250

Reaction score
She'll be buying it with my checkbook but I've always said its the though that counts

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
We are headed out on Sunday afternoon for a few days, it will be just the wife and I no kids... I think that's ironic? Somebody needs the run the store while we go play. :)

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Well done pix Dad!
Keep takin 'em.....
:D

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Just rolled into town - saw 117 on the t-stat at one point.

UD

RodnJen

Reaction score
We were there Saturday through Wednesday this past week, great weather. Cooked “Father’s Day” dinner for my dad and step mom. Had a great ski run on Tuesday, I’ll be sore until July.

Lots of grilling, work around the house and US Open golf for the weekend.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Did a run up river this morning with the Old man and my brother. Happy Father’s Day to all.
View attachment 764258
View attachment 764259
Beautiful. I will say that , after being gone or out of the area for over 4 years , it sure makes you appreciate it more , when your there ....I am going to get up early and make that run ....

Will stay out of " one a days" way though

Singleton

Reaction score
Stayed local in Carlsbad.
Middle kid’s HS graduation was last night and we have family in town until Saturday evening.
Going to watch the US Open, drink what ever the F I want and relax at home if I can get over the BS I have been dealing with from the office while on PTO.

Found out Wednesday afternoon (first attempted day of PTO), my department is having a huge reorganization and was told the team I report into was being assigned a new manager (5th one in 4 years). Yesterday 2 hours before graduation started, found out that one of my peers is now my new manager (our principles of leadership and partnering with staff are complete opposites. He thinks leadership is based on title, I don’t agree with that at all). And now today, I have phone conversations with my SR Director, VP and SVP to make sure I am OK with the change. Been around long enough and talked with my old manager enough over the past two days to know, when everyone in your reporting structure wants to talk to make sure you are OK with the change; you know the promotion was not based on leadership skills and/or experience, but someone playing favorites.

Told everyone that said they need to talk to me today, the call will be brief since I am on PTO. My old manager called last night 9pm my time (midnight his) and said everyone is flipping out I might resign. Told him; “two reasons folks leave jobs, managers and money. Since leadership made a decision on a manager, they better show up with money”

Already started pinging my network so I can exit on my terms and not be forced out!

Last edited:

rickym20

Reaction score
Beautiful. I will say that , after being gone or out of the area for over 4 years , it sure makes you appreciate it more , when your there ....I am going to get up early and make that run ....

Will stay out of " one a days" way though

Didn’t see One-a-day but did see this guy making hot laps.sounded bad ass passing me up. He was all good just checking things and took off again.

6AB1E4DC-6B92-4E7B-93EF-B5B9BC592C50.jpeg

975DD32F-F8DC-4A18-911A-8BB55F4C521A.png

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
248492B9-5A8F-42ED-886A-6F5AD1D18DC0.jpeg
New day, new spot on the lake. Many more boats out today. Have a fun and safe day.

Last edited:

milkmoney

Reaction score
Saw you today at 3 Dunes. We pulled in a boat down from you, but the people in between were "saving spots," so I left and went around the cornet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I am sure that went over like lead balloon with you

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Saw you today at 3 Dunes. We pulled in a boat down from you, but the people in between were "saving spots," so I left and went around the cornet.

They said the same thing to me when we pulled in at about 915 am. I told them I would move when their two friends showed up. Only one showed up and that was 4 plus hours later. @OldSchoolBoats

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
They said the same thing to me when we pulled in at about 915 am. I told them I would move when their two friends showed up. Only one showed up and that was 4 plus hours later. @OldSchoolBoats
Of course!! I am sure it was a shit show. They looked like they were wasted when I pulled in at 9:30. We had a much better time on the other side so it worked out well.

Wavemaker

Reaction score
Stayed local in Carlsbad.
Middle kid’s HS graduation was last night and we have family in town until Saturday evening.
Going to watch the US Open, drink what ever the F I want and relax at home if I can get over the BS I have been dealing with from the office while on PTO.

Found out Wednesday afternoon (first attempted day of PTO), my department is having a huge reorganization and was told the team I report into was being assigned a new manager (5th one in 4 years). Yesterday 2 hours before graduation started, found out that one of my peers is now my new manager (our principles of leadership and partnering with staff are complete opposites. He thinks leadership is based on title, I don’t agree with that at all). And now today, I have phone conversations with my SR Director, VP and SVP to make sure I am OK with the change. Been around long enough and talked with my old manager enough over the past two days to know, when everyone in your reporting structure wants to talk to make sure you are OK with the change; you know the promotion was not based on leadership skills and/or experience, but someone playing favorites.

Told everyone that said they need to talk to me today, the call will be brief since I am on PTO. My old manager called last night 9pm my time (midnight his) and said everyone is flipping out I might resign. Told him; “two reasons folks leave jobs, managers and money. Since leadership made a decision on a manager, they better show up with money”

Already started pinging my network so I can exit on my terms and not be forced out!

Please Singleton, don’t keep us waiting...how did the reorganization workout today’s? Office politics suck, and I had my share of it at a couple of different large corporations during my career. I spent many years in divisional management working in sales management and divisional management positions. I was a “team player” as told to me by my corporate officers. I wanted to just laugh at them. My management techniques came from my ongoing college courses taken during my career years, and I always treated my superiors and coworkers with the respect they deserved in how they managed their subordinates and dealt with business situations that required management’s advisement and/or direction. I kept subordinates trust and provided direction when the discussed issues and together we worked on the options of what would be the best course of action needed to best resolved the issue at hand.

When the division I worked at was moved to Utah from Southern California, I decided to leave the corporation. That really rocked the Corporate officers. They came back to me with an offer to be the corporate manager responsible over four manufacturing divisions in California, and I would fly to the Corporate Offices in Utah for corporate level meetings as required.

Don’t be “forced out” without first requesting a meeting with the management members and present your plans of a restructure and possibly create a position that you actually get a promotion and help management. Use the word “Loyalty” when discussing your current position and be creative with what you want to propose for a new position. Loyalty goes both ways. Best of luck going forward.

Singleton

Reaction score
Please Singleton, don’t keep us waiting...how did the reorganization workout today’s? Office politics suck, and I had my share of it at a couple of different large corporations during my career. I spent many years in divisional management working in sales management and divisional management positions. I was a “team player” as told to me by my corporate officers. I wanted to just laugh at them. My management techniques came from my ongoing college courses taken during my career years, and I always treated my superiors and coworkers with the respect they deserved in how they managed their subordinates and dealt with business situations that required management’s advisement and/or direction. I kept subordinates trust and provided direction when the discussed issues and together we worked on the options of what would be the best course of action needed to best resolved the issue at hand.

When the division I worked at was moved to Utah from Southern California, I decided to leave the corporation. That really rocked the Corporate officers. They came back to me with an offer to be the corporate manager responsible over four manufacturing divisions in California, and I would fly to the Corporate Offices in Utah for corporate level meetings as required.

Don’t be “forced out” without first requesting a meeting with the management members and present your plans of a restructure and possibly create a position that you actually get a promotion and help management. Use the word “Loyalty” when discussing your current position and be creative with what you want to propose for a new position. Loyalty goes both ways. Best of luck going forward.

No loyalty in corporate America anymore. They could replace me if they wanted tomorrow.
I am interviewing for a new internal position (my old manager referred me for the position and said do it) and had a few external conversations as well. I prefer to report to someone I can learn from and IMO my new manager is not that person.

Reactions: SJP

Wavemaker

Reaction score
No loyalty in corporate America anymore. They could replace me if they wanted tomorrow.
I am interviewing for a new internal position (my old manager referred me for the position and said do it) and had a few external conversations as well. I prefer to report to someone I can learn from and IMO my new manager is not that person.

That’s the way! Sometimes one door closes and another opens up. Make yourself valuable to the firm and learn all you can. Hopefully, you will get the new position and have the chance to grow more in your new position. Best of luck to you.