WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Feature Boat 21 Daytona with TWINS!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This weeks feature boat is our very own @Duramax 21 Daytona with twins!! This is a bad ass little boat that will run in the One teens handily.

We filmed this a couple weeks ago other than myself, duramax and Tony from DCB nobody has seen it.

Being the video already has 57 views and I Just made it public I’m guessing he liked the way it turned out. 🤪

Feature Video!

Owner walk through video

If you are interested in having your boat featured please reach out to us! We love doing them and it’s great to see what the members are running!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Now that’s old school cool. Thanks for sharing it. Looking forward to the next one.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Love the boat! Love the sound of twins. Whenever I hear them, I always look to the water and see what's coming...and I've never owned an outboard!
His family boat kicks ass!

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
my thoughts exactly if he was down there does that mean we finally get to see a feature on the skater!
@nganga

@Duramax dam the way the motors sound i could own a boat with them hanging off the back!
We can start a different thread about that. Lets not hi-jack @Duramax awesome feature!!!

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Sweet boat! Those twins sound great cruising along , and I’m sure it absolutely rips. I dig the boat. And videos your putting out, definitely adding to the sites appeal. It‘s great to see some of the RDP members boats, and being able to put a face ( boat) with the name.

Riverryder

Reaction score
i noticed it hooping, at 1:57 @Duramax is that what you guys are talking about? did you hit wakes or is what someone the daytona owners say they do at certain speeds? does it settle if you keep in it?

what speeds were you guys running in the video?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
i noticed it hooping, at 1:57 @Duramax is that what you guys are talking about? did you hit wakes or is what someone the daytona owners say they do at certain speeds? does it settle if you keep in it?

I believe he was saying when he first rolls on it the boat has a one or two hop under acceleration. I wasn’t there but that’s kinda what it sounds like in the audio.

In the video the fastest speeds were low 90’s. The boat runs much faster than that but there’s no need to do it with the camera guy in the boat.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@RiverDave wow it was going 90? looked like it was moving didnt seem like it was moving that fast.
awesome boat and great job on the videos!

hell of a little rocket ship!

Duramax

Reaction score
Thank you for all the great comments guys, and a big thank you to @RiverDave for putting this together! RD was great, and his camera man (Michael) is absolutely awesome. We had a fun time! Yes, we should have done a little walk around on the truck too as we all like the same stuff!

It is harder than you think to talk about your boat without somebody asking you questions, so I apologize for my description of the boat and the "ahhhs, ummm" =)

Some of you know that I have had a pretty long line of boats, but the last one took it out of me and I left the water for over 12 years. After I got married and had a daughter, I wanted my family to get back on the water, but I was pretty specific in what I wanted (different family boat than most). I knew I wanted a 21-22 outboard cat with Merc 2.5's (260's or 280's to be more specific) and it had to be twins. Almost 2 years of looking and I came across my 21. One owner basically and damn near spotless. I didn't know much about the 21 Daytona, but the more I read and did research, the more confident I became in the boat and the hull. I also love how rare this combo is. It is almost unbelievable how hard it accelerates, to the point that you giggle to yourself. It is also amazing how these 21's handle rough water. With a little extra weight on the back its like I can wheel tap (mx lingo) through rough stuff. Really cool.

The motors have also been unbelievable, and have roughly 35-38hrs on them. They have Brucato computers with Simon Alternator kits and they are rigged with the big boy Weldon drag fuel pumps. Joe@Havasu Hot Laps makes sure everything is perfect. There is nothing like the sound of twin 2.5's with offshore mids, nothing. The day of filming we ran into the 90's as there was no need to push much more. With my 3 blade Mazco's, it is solid up to 110+. With my 4 blade Mercury cleavers, it has a little hop 80-90, as the 4 blades are trying to lift the stern but it's also fighting the lift up front. After 90 it's smooth sailing. Some of the last 21's with twins they rigged made it deep into the 120's and I believe it (I heard 130's with nitrous). I have been 114 so far, and there is more left. I feel 100% confident with my family in this hull, but I don't push much past 60-70 with all my girls. It handles everything we throw at it.

Next up is to get my mids repainted along with pulling my outboard bracket and also having it re anodized or something of that nature. The trailer will be done after the summer also.

Thanks to @nganga for making the trip up with me! We got in late and got up early but it was a great boys trip. Uncle Steve, you are awesome.

Thanks again for all the kind words, and if you see us around please stop so we can shoot the shit!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Thank you for all the great comments guys, and a big thank you to @RiverDave for putting this together! RD was great, and his camera man (Michael) is absolutely awesome. We had a fun time! Yes, we should have done a little walk around on the truck too as we all like the same stuff!

It is harder than you think to talk about your boat without somebody asking you questions, so I apologize for my description of the boat and the "ahhhs, ummm" =)

Some of you know that I have had a pretty long line of boats, but the last one took it out of me and I left the water for over 12 years. After I got married and had a daughter, I wanted my family to get back on the water, but I was pretty specific in what I wanted (different family boat than most). I knew I wanted a 21-22 outboard cat with Merc 2.5's (260's or 280's to be more specific) and it had to be twins. Almost 2 years of looking and I came across my 21. One owner basically and damn near spotless. I didn't know much about the 21 Daytona, but the more I read and did research, the more confident I became in the boat and the hull. I also love how rare this combo is. It is almost unbelievable how hard it accelerates, to the point that you giggle to yourself. It is also amazing how these 21's handle rough water. With a little extra weight on the back its like I can wheel tap (mx lingo) through rough stuff. Really cool.

The motors have also been unbelievable, and have roughly 35-38hrs on them. They have Brucato computers with Simon Alternator kits and they are rigged with the big boy Weldon drag fuel pumps. Joe@Havasu Hot Laps makes sure everything is perfect. There is nothing like the sound of twin 2.5's with offshore mids, nothing. The day of filming we ran into the 90's as there was no need to push much more. With my 3 blade Mazco's, it is solid up to 110+. With my 4 blade Mercury cleavers, it has a little hop 80-90, as the 4 blades are trying to lift the stern but it's also fighting the lift up front. After 90 it's smooth sailing. Some of the last 21's with twins they rigged made it deep into the 120's and I believe it (I heard 130's with nitrous). I have been 114 so far, and there is more left. I feel 100% confident with my family in this hull, but I don't push much past 60-70 with all my girls. It handles everything we throw at it.

Next up is to get my mids repainted along with pulling my outboard bracket and also having it re anodized or something of that nature. The trailer will be done after the summer also.

Thanks to @nganga for making the trip up with me! We got in late and got up early but it was a great boys trip. Uncle Steve, you are awesome.

Thanks again for all the kind words, and if you see us around please stop so we can shoot the shit!

It’s a beautiful boat Duramax. If you’re going to do outboards nothing better than a twin 21’ Daytona. Badass ride!

Duramax

Reaction score
It’s a beautiful boat Duramax. If you’re going to do outboards nothing better than a twin 21’ Daytona. Badass ride!
Thank you very much! Of course I would like a little more room inside, but other than that, It really is amazing. I dropped the seats a few inches and I also didn't mention I will finally be ordering my new windshield that is smoked along with being 2" higher in front. My whole goal on this boat was to sit more "inside" of it.

@nganga already noticed the difference between mine and his last 21.

Amazing hull this 21 is. I can see why they are making another small run of them.

gqchris

Reaction score
Thank you very much! Of course I would like a little more room inside, but other than that, It really is amazing. I dropped the seats a few inches and I also didn't mention I will finally be ordering my new windshield that is smoked along with being 2" higher in front. My whole goal on this boat was to sit more "inside" of it.

Amazing hull this 21 is. I can see why they are making another small run of them.
You know I already love your boat, Sir! So awesome with the feature! Im so pissed we never got to get our rides together and hear 3 Mercs screaming in symphony before I sold the Baker! We will have to hang out soon and get all the girls together, regardless! I got the deck boat they can all hang out on while we go for a Putt!

Chris

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
You know I already love your boat, Sir! So awesome with the feature! Im so pissed we never got to get our rides together and hear 3 Mercs screaming in symphony before I sold the Baker! We will have to hang out soon and get all the girls together, regardless! I got the deck boat they can all hang out on while we go for a RIP!!!!

Chris
Fixed it for accuracy. :cool:

Duramax

Reaction score
You know I already love your boat, Sir! So awesome with the feature! Im so pissed we never got to get our rides together and hear 3 Mercs screaming in symphony before I sold the Baker! We will have to hang out soon and get all the girls together, regardless! I got the deck boat they can all hang out on while we go for a Putt!

Chris
Haha, hell yeah. Yes, I am still upset you sold the Baker too!

jbird

Reaction score
Rad boat! I’d imagine it’s a blast to drive.

Another great feature

instagator

Reaction score

Also running not much trim, boats running wet.

attitude

Reaction score
I love me some 2.5, such a bad ass boat! There was a red 22 with 2.5s in Havasu this weekend.

Duramax

Reaction score
Also running not much trim, boats running wet.
The clips you see if the boat from the drone, I had to keep it under 30, so it’s wet for sure.
When it gets up past the century mark, it is dead neutral, as I don’t need anymore lift with the twins.👍🏻

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The clips you see if the boat from the drone, I had to keep it under 30, so it’s wet for sure.
When it gets up past the century mark, it is dead neutral, as I don’t need anymore lift with the twins.👍🏻

Didn’t see you already responded but pay no attention to the “instigator’s”. Pun intended lol

WAAZ

Reaction score

I’d like to be a little more “inside” my 21’ Cougar lol. Who’s doing your windshield?
Crazy cool boat btw - those offshores are wicked!!!

Duramax

Reaction score
I’d like to be a little more “inside” my 21’ Cougar lol. Who’s doing your windshield?
Crazy cool boat btw - those offshores are wicked!!!
Absolutely. Do the seats on your Cougar mount on stringers? Also, it sounds dumb, but how thick is your bottom cushion that you sit on?

Literally the only thing I dislike on the 21 Daytona is the exposed stringers. If you look at Liberator boats and their 21, they are not built with full length stringers, and the seats are mounted to the top of the tunnels. People always mention how much more freeboard the Liberator 21 has over the Daytona, when most of it is because the seats mount roughly 2.5 lower (because of no stringers), and the windshield is mounted much more vertical than the Daytona. I spoke with Randy at Liberator about their 21 having no stringers, and he said they are rock solid, with no stress cracks.

My bottom cushion was also 4" high, so I basically had it cut in half and it is still comfy. I also notched my stringers 1/2"so my seats sit inside of them. Although this summer at some point I am going to notch even more.

Joe at OC Boat Windows is the one who will be doing my windshield. He has the original molds for the Daytona, and can do pretty much whatever you want. I am going to do roughly 2-2.5" higher with a very tiny bit more of a curve at the top. He is keeping everything else the exact same. I am also doing smoked as I don't like my solid black windshield I have now.

Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I agree, I love me some offshore mids on the bigger 2.5's!

attitude

Reaction score
I believe that is a lower river boat. It is an open bow too!
This one was a closed bow, I think I know the boat you are talking about but the one I’m thinking of had Optis put on it a little while ago. Newer white interior as well?