WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FedEx.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Do we have anyone in the RDP brain trust who works for FedEx or who has an actual inside line to someone in Customer Service that can help me out?
My Marantz 4270 has apparently fallen into a black hole in Chicago, Illinois. It hasn't moved since the 20th, I was told it would be here the 23rd and was waiting to sign for it, but no joy. The customer service lines are...not helpful.
Any suggestions? It is insured for $5k, not worried (yet) but I am hearing FedEx is somehow struggling to keep packages moving what with weather, etc. I just would like some contact with someone not reading from a script...

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
They are WAY WAY behind due to last weeks storm. Has messed up their Mempis hub the last two weeks.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I had FedEx deliver one package 9 days late and another 7 days late. One was from IL and the other TN. Both held up due to the storm rolling through TX (packages were actually sitting in Dallas waiting to be delivered). Can’t help you directly, but letting you know FedEx is still working the backlog.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I absolutely hate Fedex, hell the wife has been awaiting a package for three weeks.
They keep telling her “we’re very sorry but with the inclement weather we are having a lot of issues.

It’s coming from San Diego, and we’re in Mohave Valley 🤦🏼 yea real inclement weather.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
That is more than I could get from them. Thanks
I ship many packages daily and it’s been an absolute mess since the storm hit. Sucks but they are doing what the can right now. We have a large enough account for a personal rep and the weather has definitely affected their hub, per our conversations.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
i received a package today that was still showing memphis this morning...its an express almost two weeks late... no scans since the 15th besides delivered today:rolleyes:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
i received a package today that was still showing memphis this morning...its an express almost two weeks late... no scans since the 15th besides delivered today:rolleyes:
Ya I wasn’t supposed to get my package until Monday when I would be on site then they changed it to today WTF no ones on site give it to homeless bob , I got them to hang on to it until Monday.

redone76

Reaction score
Still waiting on the compressor parts I ordered on the 5th of February. Supposed to be a 4 day FedEx freight delivery. Tracking number said it’d deliver today...nothing

havasu5150

Reaction score
I absolutely hate Fedex, hell the wife has been awaiting a package for three weeks.
They keep telling her “we’re very sorry but with the inclement weather we are having a lot of issues.

It’s coming from San Diego, and we’re in Mohave Valley 🤦🏼 yea real inclement weather.
Most packages go through Memphis.....even in the situation you describe.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The Post Office is experiencing this same delay Shit. I sent a package 2-Day back on the 10th to South Dakota and the tracking says in transit. Damn, I hope so. They are blaming the Weather and of course "COVID," I could have walked it there in this time.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Had the same issue with FEDEX! They suck especially if your shipment is going through Memphis! That FEDEX facility has major issues. FEDEX really needs to fix their Memphis Facility. Everyone I know of that has anything to do with FedEx ALL say the same thing. If you want your package in a timely manner, keep it out of Memphis!!! We eventually got our shipment. No tracking and the packaging was damaged but not the item!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
The storms back east have really focked stuff up. We overnighted a check to a guy outside Nashville for a Pro Stock car almost 12 days ago. Hadn’t been scanned in days, and it magically showed up at his house yesterday. Still hasn’t been scanned. Ended up wiring $ so the transport guy could pick it up. Now have to wait 30 days to get $ back from cashier check.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Marantz 4270?!
I hope they get it to you!

Yes. me too. Look for my thread on it, it is an interesting deal.
Sounds like stuff is moving just very....very slowly. I have never had good look with FedEx myself. I sent it back there UPS but he has a FedEx terminal about 50 miles closer than a UPS one, and with the insurance I wanted added to the shipment he had to take it into an actual facility. It was doubled boxed and carefully packed but I will be worried until it gets here.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Had the same issue with FEDEX! They suck especially if your shipment is going through Memphis! That FEDEX facility has major issues. FEDEX really needs to fix their Memphis Facility. Everyone I know of that has anything to do with FedEx ALL say the same thing. If you want your package in a timely manner, keep it out of Memphis!!! We eventually got our shipment. No tracking and the packaging was damaged but not the item!
Sounds like you are not familiar with Fed-Ex. Memphis is their main hub and just about every express package (not ground) goes through that hub. Even if it’s a couple of cities over. I ship 1000’s of packages a year and they are by far the best and most reliable. Definitely not saying they are perfect but we’ve ran the gauntlet with all of them and they are the best choice by far. We ship from Havasu to Los Angeles almost daily and they go through Memphis every shipment. Even for a first overnight which is next day 8:00 am delivery they make a stop in Memphis.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Dealing with the same shit. Holster has been in North Carolina for nearly 2 weeks now.

WildWilly

Reaction score
UPS seems to have hung in there but Fedex and USPS are hosed for the last 2 weeks. All have been late coming from the east or midwest and some, like you, have sat for days with no movement and when they finally its not sequentially...they magically make huge jumps

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
If it is FedEx ground, Chicago is probably their largest sort operation. Lots of rail in and out...if Express Memphis.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Fuck FedEx!

I had 4,000 rounds of ammo ordered and shipped through them recently. Only received about 500 of the 4,000. Boxes on the outside were taped back up fine but just loose rounds once opened.

Now FedEx is playing games.

My buddy is a semi driver for them. He says ammo theft, and theft in general at the sorting warehouses within the organization is out of control.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Most of us live out here in the sunny West and I also have several packages sitting in limbo somewhere in the East but I would rather them sit in a facility than be in a ditch on some ice covered road with a dead driver!! For the most part I never have problems with FedEx, now on the other hand, USPS, that's a whole nother story.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Most packages go through Memphis.....even in the situation you describe.
So wait..... you’re saying a ground shipment package from San Diego to Mohave Valley, has to be trucked to Memphis then back to Mohave Valley. If so no wonder their prices are outrageous and they lose so many packages.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
So wait..... you’re saying a ground shipment package from San Diego to Mohave Valley, has to be trucked to Memphis then back to Mohave Valley. If so no wonder their prices are outrageous and they lose so many packages.
Ground, No. Express, Yes, 95% of the time.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
So I called the customer service line today. Again. Yesterday I signed up for text alerts on the thing, they said this way I would be notified whenever it scans.
Within 15 minutes I got a text that said I needed to be available Feb 23rd to sign for it.:rolleyes: I was there, then, and they were not. Time travel is not yet within my skill set, so I can't go back, and wait again.
As of 8:08 am this morning tracking still showed it in Chicago.
So yeah, I called this morning after cooling off last night...it would not have been good for me to talk to them last night.
Told the guy the story. He confirmed it is still in Chicago. "Mark", spoke English much more effectively than the last person.
I told the guy about the text I had received the day before advising me to be available last week to sign for it.
He was not expecting that, but sorta laughed it off. So I mentioned the insurance rider on it. He stopped laughing, I could hear his keyboard clicking..
He then told me that he was opening an investigation on it, and I would hear from a "senior representative" within 48 hours. I thanked him.
This call ended at 10:41 am today. (Yes, I am keeping accurate notes on all of this; old habits and all)
At 2:14pm this afternoon I got another text, this one advising me my delivery date had been updated, and to be available to sign for the parcel tomorrow, 03/02/2021.
I checked tracking, and it claims the package arrived in Sacramento at 1:58pm this afternoon.
So there are only a few possibilities.
-Within about 5 minutes of my checking tracking this morning it was placed on an airplane and flown to Sacto.
-It was loaded on one seriously fast 18 wheeler with a spun out driver at the wheel and they made a Land Speed record setting run from Chi-town to FlatSac Today.
-The computer system at Fed Ex really doesn't know where the parcels are, and pretty much puts out info that is mostly guesswork.
-It won't show up tomorrow either, and we will get back on the FedEx Wheel of Confusion Ride again tomorrow evening.

Now, being the extreme cynic that I am, there is another possibility. The guy I talked to today called his boss, who decided something was not right, and he called the Sacto Shipping hub and chewed somebodies ass, and whoever had stolen the thing and ratholed it, while waiting to see if the shit hit the fan found it it had indeed hit the fan, and he put it back into the cue after finding it was a high claim package, and shazam, it is now on it's way to me tomorrow, having miraculously managed to sneak out of the Chicago hub without ever being scanned. Who knows when it left, who knows when it really arrived in Sactown.
We shall see if it shows up. I am cautiously semi-optimistic.
And you can bet yer behind I am gonna open the package and examine it before I ever sign a damn thing tomorrow, if it really comes to that.
The sage continues.
I will update you tomorrow.

No matter how this ends I have made an executive decision. If I ship something out from here, It will not be sent via FedEx ground, express, FedEx Air, or even Fed Ex Pony Express. Period. I will stick with the UPS guys. Never a problem with the Brown Truck.
When purchasing items, if I have a choice, I will not choose FedEx. This ain't my first time on the FedExWheel of Confusion Ride, but I learnt my lesson. I ain't buying no more tickets on this mofo.

Bulletins as they break....LOL

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.

I hate fedex. They delivered a box with a 1996 dodge ram dash in it. I got notified it had been delivered. I come home and no box. I call and ask where my package is and they say it was delivered, I asked what address they delivered it to as it sure wasn't my address. They start an investigation. 3 days later a neighbor 4 streets over brings it to the house. He said he even called them to let them know they misdelivered the package. I called them back and asked if they found my package and they said no. I then called lmc truck and had them file a claim even though I had it. I let fedex sweet several days and then let lmc truck know a neighbor got it.

I could understand the wrong number address. But when does 21st street get misconstrued as 25th street?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Hahahahaha.

I hate fedex. They delivered a box with a 1996 dodge ram dash in it. I got notified it had been delivered. I come home and no box. I call and ask where my package is and they say it was delivered, I asked what address they delivered it to as it sure wasn't my address. They start an investigation. 3 days later a neighbor 4 streets over brings it to the house. He said he even called them to let them know they misdelivered the package. I called them back and asked if they found my package and they said no. I then called lmc truck and had them file a claim even though I had it. I let fedex sweet several days and then let lmc truck know a neighbor got it.

I could understand the wrong number address. But when does 21st street get misconstrued as 25th street?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It is beyond belief. There is one worse tho.
ONTRAC.
I live about 150 yards off of a gravel county road. Numbers are marked. Those assholes will drop a package right next to the address marker and drive off. Rain, snow, whatever. Couple years ago I ordered some electronic gizmo and it never arrived, I called the company and they were cool, they said they would send another, and I pleaded with them to send it UPS they did, I got it fine, on my deck on time.
3 months later I found the first one, in the drainage ditch that runs along the county road where my driveway comes in from it. Package had obviously been there the whole time. It was ruined by moisture and exposure.
I found it when the weed eater hit it.
@@%@#!$ assholes.
I called the company, they just wanted photos, it was junk. Their shipping manager was fuming, he wanted pics to show his boss so they could fire ONTRAC. I sent them.
Up here Amazon uses them alot for the rural areas. I canceled my prime account because of them. I taled to Amazon and told them every failed delivery from them was an ONTRAC screwup, and I wanted my account flagged to only use UPS.
Nope. Can't do that. "We love "our shipping partners". How about we give you another year of prime free? "
Nope. Cancel it, today.
I send everything to the wife's office, on her account, and somehow it always arrives UPS. On Time, Not in drainage ditch. ONTRAC are usually owner operator white vans may be marked with magnetic sign, may not. Driver may be in uniform, may not. They usually speak very broken English. of they speak it i at all, and have a heavy eastern Euro accent.
Their management is non existent. Read their reviews on Yelp, it is hilarious.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have been lucky with FedEx...because of their screw ups I somehow ended up with 3 pair of drag slicks. Took forever, called and bitched. Two days later, my pair showed up...two weeks later another pair...about a week later, the third set. Supplier had no record of the secondary sets when I called to have them picked up. Well, after a few months I declared them fair game 😁

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Well it made it. I can't stay long, I will update my "Audio Repair thread later....but it is home and appears in one piece, packaging was not tampered with and did not show any signs of impact or damage.

Its home 3-2-21 Marantz 4370.jpg

Cobalt232

Reaction score
We ship a lot of FedEx Express 2 day stuff. They have been moving Express via Ground since Memphis is a mess.

red ant

Reaction score
Had 2 packages coming Fed X last week. One from back east and one was San Diego to the high desert in CA. Package from back east came only 1 day late. The CA to CA package was over a week late and India customer service kept saying there was weather issues. Finally e mailed the merchant ( smaller business) about the package not moving for over a week. Next day package was delivered.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
same thing. it aint 2 weeks late, but it apparently hasnt moved in a few days.
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.22.47 AM.png