WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Feed Back on new home layout

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Looking from some feedback on our home layout....Its just the plan view and no details yet, but wanted to see what the professionals here see and give their 2 cents....

We know we want the great room, kitchen, dining little bigger. As for the Master, the architect did everything we wanted to the bath and closet but made the bedroom little boxy, IDK.....

What say you?

Attachments

• Yates-p2.pdf
    306.2 KB · Views: 223

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I'll make a few comments but I'm no builder. I'm not a fan of the garage facing that way. A truck and a 30ft boat have nowhere to go. I'd have it face the street and do an RV garage on the end. There are lots of 90 degree turns all around the exterior of the house and also on the interior walls. Seems a bit excessive and probably adds to the build cost. I'd push the covered patio out as far as the wall for Br4 its too small for a house that big. I don't see a BBQ island or outdoor kitchen in your drawing:). You could add a slider out of Br4 and MBR. Laundry room is really far away from the bedrooms. Widen the Foyer, get rid of the laundry room and make a bigger study(man cave!). Widen the MBR and move the door to the master bath directly off the bedroom. Get rid of the tub. It will probably rarely get used. when you move the door you can give your wife a vanity/make up mirror thing in that spot or a bigger linnen closet. You could rework the laundry room in over by the pantry and the bathroom next to the game room. just some random thoughts.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Progress! Very nice!

• Where is the boat going?
  • Not trying to re-work your design, but I've really liked the models that have the laundry room next to the master for easy access.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'll make a few comments but I'm no builder. I'm not a fan of the garage facing that way. A truck and a 30ft boat have nowhere to go. I'd have it face the street and do an RV garage on the end. There are lots of 90 degree turns all around the exterior of the house and also on the interior walls. Seems a bit excessive and probably adds to the build cost. I'd push the covered patio out as far as the wall for Br4 its too small for a house that big. I don't see a BBQ island or outdoor kitchen in your drawing:). You could add a slider out of Br4 and MBR. Laundry room is really far away from the bedrooms. Widen the Foyer, get rid of the laundry room and make a bigger study(man cave!). Widen the MBR and move the door to the master bath directly off the bedroom. Get rid of the tub. It will probably rarely get used. when you move the door you can give your wife a vanity/make up mirror thing in that spot or a bigger linnen closet. You could rework the laundry room in over by the pantry and the bathroom next to the game room. just some random thoughts.
Thanks for the input.

We are in a community and have CC&Rs to
follow and the garages all have to be facing to the side ( no street facing doors). I can have a garage door face the front, but it has to be set behind the house garage. Like a L shape were the garage is on the side on the boat/Rv is set behind.

I’ll keep in mind about the 90degree corners and will talk to the builder on options to reduce the build cost when it comes to that

I’m not digging the tub either in the MBR but feel we should have something. We removed the bath for the kids rooms and just a shower. Yes on the vanity for the wife, that was one of the corrections she wanted.

Get rid of the laundry room. Lol. Wife loves laundry, weird I know. We know it’s far, so we might add a stacker unit in the master closet.

I’ll see what I can do about the study size, this will also house my bourbon collection as well, so it needs to be a decent size.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Progress! Very nice!

• Where is the boat going?
  • Not trying to re-work your design, but I've really liked the models that have the laundry room next to the master for easy access.
We sold that. Lol.

Our offer was accepted on 15 acres 25 min from the house site. This will be our new shop once all built. I’ll probably store my 5er there, who knows about a boat. My dad will have one shortly in Florida, I’ll just have go there and use it.