• Welcome to River Dave's Place

Felicity Huffman gets 14 days

Discussion in 'RD's Lounge' started by Boozer, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Boozer

Boozer Well-Known Member

Shrub Lurker and Jed-O like this.
  2. Yellowboat

Yellowboat Well-Known Member

It's not enough, each one of those spots could have went to some one that deserve that spot.

3. sirbob

sirbob Well-Known Member

its 14 days too many

azhondo likes this.
  4. Xring01

Xring01 Well-Known Member

I think 4-6 months would prove the point... prevent others from committing this crime...

14 days, that not gonna deter a damn thing

5. RitcheyRch

RitcheyRch Currently Boat-Less

With our crowded jails I bet she does no more than 3-5 days in the clink. Imagine her living without her hair dresser and make-up artist.

6. Singleton

Singleton Well-Known Member

She paid 15k, 4-6 months is insane. IMO, 150k (10x payment) fine, plus the community service she got. But no jail time.

Now aunt Becky who paid 250k per child (she did it twice), should get 2-3 months, but with the other chargers will land at 6 months IMO.

DWC and Sharpy like this.
  7. Yellowboat

How would you feel if it was your kids spot she took? The money is not the point, it's that she did it it. You don't gain 400 points in a year on the sat...

Xring01 likes this.
  8. gqchris

gqchris Well-Known Member

Dude, Money can buy and influence 99% of things in life. Including Jail Sentences. We all know this world ain't fair, including admissions to Ivy league schools. This shit has probably been going on since George Washingtons days!

RVR SWPR, SoCalDave, DRYHEAT and 2 others like this.
  9. Havasu Rehab

Havasu Rehab Well-Known Member

She won’t do 14 days. The jail system is so overcrowded she’ll probably end up getting processed and released within a day or two.

This state is ridiculous. Gangsters who get caught with guns and dope are often times out within a day.

14 days for this??? C’mon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATERDOG and gqchris like this.
  10. Yellowboat

Yes, and nothing will ever stop it, but getting into the right school can have life altering effects. 14 days is not enough, I would say 1 year and 250k is a good starting place.

boatdoc55 and Xring01 like this.
  11. gqchris

gqchris Well-Known Member

I have a whole 'nother opinion on kids graduating college. But Im gonna stop while Im ahead. LOL

SoCalDave, boatdoc55, DRYHEAT and 2 others like this.
  12. WhatExit?

WhatExit? Well-Known Member

Hopefully she'll be in prison long enough to get the rich bitch treatment from those inmates who are far less fortunate

Then she'll probably write a best-selling book (or two) and make far more than what she lost :rolleyes:

gqchris and Jed-O like this.
  13. HALLETT BOY

HALLETT BOY Well-Known Member

She won’t be anywhere near general population

Shrub Lurker and WATERDOG like this.
  14. OC Mike

OC Mike Well-Known Member

Yup, the steets and the world is a lot safer now that FH is going to jail.
    Fine should have been a lot higher for sure. Say 250k.

The other issue here is her daughter has now been forever disgraced.

RodnJen and F.U.IRS like this.
  15. Universal Elements

Universal Elements Well-Known Member

16. TPC

TPC Wrenching Dad

Ok, so USC doesn’t offer a Bachelors in Internet Influencer?

17. pixrthis

pixrthis Well-Known Member

I think the only people held responsible in this deal should be the people who accepted the bribes, there will always be parents that go too far to help their kids.

18. spectra3279

spectra3279 Vaginamoney broke

But they say it's a victimless crime.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

19. spectra3279

14 days and pay for someone's doctorate at the same school.

rivermobster and wzuber like this.
  20. spectra3279

I bet she gets an ankle monitor

21. TCHB

TCHB Well-Known Member

What a waste of tax payer money. She will be in the Hilton wing.

RitcheyRch likes this.
  22. LuauLounge

LuauLounge Well-Known Member

My guess is 150 to 250k in attorneys fees.

23. Jed-O

Jed-O Shitter was full!

Whatever, Martha Stewart spent way more time and now has "Street Cred" :D

24. rrrr

rrrr Well-Known Member

I was gonna post that it was a federal, not state conviction. You beat me to it.

That's nonsense. The parents sought out an illegal advantage. All of the parents knew they were participating in an illegal conspiracy. ”Help[ing] their kids" broke federal law, and their egregious behavior is far beyond the boundaries of normalcy.

How does telling lies help their children? The students didn't learn any knowledge that would help them get better grades. It just taught them that money can be utilized to cheat and steal.

Why didn't they hire tutors to teach their kids, instead of showing them breaking the law can be used to gain an unfair advantage over the little people?

I think Huffman should have been hit with several months of hard time. When she went before the judge and pled guilty last week, she made a big boo-hoo statement about being sorry, etc., etc.

But when she said she did it because her daughter had a learning disability, any sympathy I might have had for her disappeared. It was a bullshit excuse, and demeaned the efforts that those afflicted face every day. Her daughter had unlimited access to doctors, treatments, tutoring, private schools, and a hundred other things that others do not.

There was no evidence of the daughter's supposed condition presented during hearings prior to her plea and sentencing.

She used that as an excuse for the real cause, her sense of entitlement, her solicitation of a guy running a multi-million dollar con, a blatant illegal payment to have a doctor label her daughter as suffering from anxiety attacks, and another huge payment to have the daughter take the SAT alone in a room with an imposter posing as a legitimate proctor, and agreeing to have that imposter provide her daughter with correct test answers.

This was a well thought out illegal scheme, which involved conspiracy and bribery. A child that had a good attendance record, that worked to get good grades, that studied hard for the SAT, that hoped for acceptance to a good university, was tossed aside and screwed out of her dreams because a piece of shit Hollywood b-level actress had the money to game the system and hire an expensive attorney to defend her reprehensible actions.

All of the parents that engaged in this conspiracy should serve at least 75% of the maximum sentence. They all knowingly participated in the conspiracy, and knew it was illegal.

Put them in fucking prison.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 3:29 AM
  25. RiverDave

RiverDave In it to win it

Yep.

26. CJ_Donahue

CJ_Donahue Well-Known Member

Federal time minimum is 85% .... She will do around 12 days including the one she checks in at 10pm and the one she is released at 5am so 10 or so real days.

braindead likes this.
  27. Singleton

I call BS on the 400 point gain. My son was in a prep class and got a point gain between PSAT and SAT’s. Her kid could of taken my kids place, but I would of paid to get him into the school he wanted!

Magic Mike likes this.
  28. Yellowboat

So you would have bribed some one to get your kid into the school he wanted?

I get the making a donation type of deal, but no way I could sleep at night if I bribed some one

Dan Lorenze likes this.
  29. Singleton

Not bribed. I would of done the legal thing, donated a shit ton of $$ to get him in.

spectra3279, gqchris and Wheeler like this.
  30. River918

River918 Well-Known Member

Break the law to get into college, go to jail.

Break the law to get into America, go to college for free..

Hmmmm....

31. Yellowboat

Well she bribed

32. Boat 405

Boat 405 Well-Known Member

Put her away for a year plus $250k fine. Make a fucking example outta her. Give a reason to others to not try that shit.

2Driver likes this.
  33. Boozer

Boozer Well-Known Member

To those who think the parents should do time, how do you feel about the 1000’s of kids who get into college every year for no other reason than their parents giving insane amounts of money to the schools or having a close friend/family member that’s a booster? It’s a thing, it happens all the time, the only difference in this case is a corrupt admin was putting the money directly into his pocket. If the money had been laundered through school fundraisers it would have been completely legal and socially acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmarion, jet496, JDKRXW and 6 others like this.
  34. rrrr

rrrr Well-Known Member

I don't like that either. "Legacy" admissions are a scam that is brushed under the table.

oldschool and Yellowboat like this.
  35. Yellowboat

That stuff is almost as bad. It does have one difference. It is not illegal.

I wonder how many people that pay to get thier kids into school tell thier kids that.

boater250s and jet496 like this.
  36. Singleton

She paid someone who ran a service that helped increase test scores, knowing something illegal was going to occur. She admitted to it, what she got was fair. Now those that say they did nothing wrong, IMO are the problem and need to be made an example of. But this will not stop parents from helping their kids get into school.

Also based on your response, I guess I should be serving time. I bribed the bar tender $40 last night when I ordered my first round. The rest of the night, I did not wait in line to get my drinks. When I approached the bar, the next customer she served was me.

37. 500bbc

500bbc Well-Known Member

So tipping is a federal crime?

38. sirbob

sirbob Well-Known Member

I gave a hostess $20 bucks to seat me before others that were waiting...

Oh no - I took somebodies place in line.

gqchris, rmarion and Singleton like this.
  39. sirbob

sirbob Well-Known Member

I got into a bar once because I was more handsome than the others in line and I had a good looking wife with me....

Oh no - I got in instead of others that were waiting.

gqchris and Singleton like this.
  40. 2Driver

2Driver Well-Known Member

I believe this is more about bribing a government employee and money laundering. I want to see the fucks at the universities put away for a long time

Its less about what the motivation was, as emotional as that was.

If you want to do this type of thing and get away with it, then you need to register as a lobbyists.

Jed-O and Chili Palmer like this.
  41. sirbob

sirbob Well-Known Member

This doesn’t even start to rise to the level of a crime punishable by jail imo - when you see all the burglaries, stolen cars, assaults etc that never see prison time...

The kids involved in this were getting into a great college anyway - they didn’t “take some deserving kids place”

The college admissions process has so many variables it’s impossible to say they were not going to get in that school of choice anyway.

42. Chili Palmer

Chili Palmer Master of My Domian

I’m going to play the devil’s advocate here, if I had the resources like FH to get my kid a good education I’d do it. Now what about all the other people previously that this guy who got FH and Lori Loughlin’s kids in? What about them? LL’s daughter didn’t deserve to be in college, she was a privileged spoiled brat, she even posted videos of of her saying she was only there for the party scene, maybe she’ll go to a few of her classes. LL knew her daughter wasn’t college material and that was a waste of money. But as it was mentioned earlier, this is no different than the gifts, sports boosters, and endowments that are given to the colleges. Who monitors those? These kids were in private colleges, not state colleges so the government shouldn’t be involved. The college admissions is a scam to begin with. Maybe this will cause some sort of reorganization of the admissions process. Probably not.

rmarion likes this.
  43. Singleton

She paid the service, the service bribed the government employee.
    The guy who ran the entire thing faces a maximum sentence up to 65 years in prison — though the government has recommended that he only serve just three years of supervised release — and a fine of up to $1.25 million (equal to money he received).

IMO, this guy is getting off light, he orchestrated everything, but will not serve 1 day behind bars.

2Driver likes this.
  44. Singleton

Only the schools monitor the boosters. I am an athletic booster at 3 schools now. My alma mater, my oldest sons alma mater and now my youngest sons school. I donate and the value of my donations opens up doors to athletic events.
    I also donate to the college of business at my alma mater. Did that help both my sons get admission letters (NO), being friends with the Dean or Admissions (NO); kids got in based on merit and being an out of state student ($$). Both kids selected others schools.
    However, I used to work at the Admissions office during my years in school and boosters that donate and those that donate to the schools directly sure have a higher rate of admission then those that don’t if the student is borderline.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 5:07 PM
    sirbob likes this.
  45. riverroyal

riverroyal Well-Known Member

Nudes of her on the web in lue of jail time should be a option

rmarion likes this.
  46. 2Driver

2Driver Well-Known Member

There’s 2 types of crime, both are just as bad just in different ways

White collar crimes threaten the foundation of democracy.

47. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

FH cooperated with authorities, Aunt Becky told them to pound sand. FH won’t be in a week, AB might be in for years.

48. TPC

TPC Wrenching Dad

She’ll work again though it’s reported she’s had no offers nor calls since she was hooked up.
    Martha Stewart made the cut after serving a stretch.

49. SJP

SJP WHTBRD

My father and I both graduated from SC. If my boys someday qualify on their merits and choose to attend they will be able to go there. What Lori Loughlin did not only blatantly took opportunities from other student athletes but they devalued our degrees. Her case should be pretty interesting.

GASJOEY846 and 2Driver like this.
  50. lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES Well-Known Member

The admissions at SC is a fucking joke. This shit has been going on forever and is nothing new. Donate a building and your kids / grand kids mysteriously get in...

My Dad went to SC as did my aunt and one of my uncles. Of the kids in my family zero got in out of four applicants. All of us had well above a 4.0 gpa and solid scores on the SAT. Every one of us went to another well regarded school with at least one year of tuition free from academic scholarships. The other thing that still blows my mind is that I had a full ride to USC on a Navy ROTC scholarship and the school didn’t let me in. It wasn’t transferable to other schools so I didn’t join the Navy...

All things considered it was probably better going somewhere else for all of us but it’s still ridiculous that none of us got in. Needless to say my parents don’t donate to SC anymore...their money goes elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris likes this.