WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Felt like a kid again

traquer

Reaction score
Buddy just bought one of these and it's the greatest thing ever! Feels like snowboarding with a bit of water skiing. Lot easier than it looks and not as deadly as those shitty hoverboards.

Pricey but thinking to get one! Anyone have long-term experience with one? Would hate it if breaks down a few months from now

1614278947483.png

Reactions: DWC

4Waters

Reaction score
Working in Eagle Rock right now (been here since Oct) and there are 2 people that ride by every morning on one, they use it as their commuter to and from work everyday without fail.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
couple kids in my are must of gotten them for christmas or something. ripping around all over the place, looks like fun. but i have watched all 3 of them wipe out hard a few times on them.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Concussion and dislocated shoulder after high speed wobbles on one of the hoverboard things, ie dad showing kids how its done after a few cocktails. Those things look fun though, other than the cost.

traquer

Reaction score
I'm thinking this would make the walk up to the parking lot at Kathrines a lot better and also it's fun to hold the hands of cute girls that want to learn how to ride it. That alone is probably worth it haha

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has had one for a while now (2 or 3 years I believe). I think he might have had 2 small falls. Never anything major. I think he MAY have had to replace the battery pack once. He absolutely loves it. Everybody I know that has ridden one said they are WAY easier than a hoverboard and much more natural for someone that has experience riding a board of any sort.

manxman

Reaction score
My buddy has been a dealer for those for years!! I cant figure them out and my fat ass falls hard.
My BOL's cousin spent close to a year recovering from a crash on a one wheel. She broke her crotch and hip doing the splits in PB after some bar hopping.

Kbach

Reaction score
Don’t want to be Debbie Downer here but a good friend and neighbor of mine crashed on one and hit his head. Went in to a coma for a few weeks before passing away. Right outside my house.

Neighbor was out at her car and saw it happen from 20 yards away. He was a super talented BMX/skate guy that just hit the gutter the wrong way going around the corner and landed head first, didn’t even have time to put his hands out. Wasn’t wearing a helmet.

That being said, his wife and 16 year old son realize it was an accident and the wife has told her son it’s up to him if he wants to ride it again. It’s been a little over a year and not sure if he has.