WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fender problem

Riverryder

Reaction score
I totally understand boat content,but my fender is marred..... Waaaaa.
Folks are losing everything ,jobs , retirements , lifestyles, oh and lives....

Then join a covid forum?
This is a boat forum right? Haha

You and everyone in this country seem to just want to look at the bad instead of uplifting one another. If you don’t have anythin productive to say why say anythin?
Hope you and your family are ok. But looks look forward and bring light to this shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buck35

Reaction score
Then join a covid forum?
This is a boat forum right? Haha

You and everyone in this country seem to just want to look at the bad instead of uplifting one another. If you don’t have anythin productive to say why say anythin?
Hope you and your family are ok. But looks look forward and bring light to this shit!

Alrighty then.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It absolutely amazes me how much you all sweat the petty stuff in life . You all should worry about real shit ,and especially at this time .... Boo fucking hoo .
If the boat runs fine ,the tires on the trailer are good and the brakes work ,and the bearings don't fail, life is good !

Well.. some of us like our stuff nice?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I totally understand boat content,but my fender is marred..... Waaaaa.
Folks are losing everything ,jobs , retirements , lifestyles, oh and lives....

Do we not have 100+ threads dedicated to that already? And an entire section?

Quick story.. They say my dad died my world shattered. Couldn’t believe how a normal morning turned into me watching some guy working on him on a sidewalk and how surreal it felt.

The next day I was reading the thread I posted and clicking around on other threads and I couldn’t help but think “don’t all these people know the world just shifted?”

ultimately as time drew on it was those same threads that kind of helped to drag me back up.

Just because something horrific happens in our lives the world keeps spinning and the sun keeps shining and ultimately you can’t just dwell on the negative..

Anyhow back to fenders..

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Have you tried using vinegar yet just to see?
Also maybe try some aluminum foil wadded up like mentioned halfway down the page of the following guide to see if it helps any,

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Also maybe try some aluminum foil wadded up like mentioned halfway down the page of the following guide to see if it helps any,

It discolored it pretty heavy and I can see gold coloring around them.. I’ll try polishing it out but I’m pretty sure these thing are toast on the chrome side.

Thanks for the tips! I’ll try it!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Dude, Arizona isn’t stifled with regulations like ca is. Plenty of chrome shops in Phoenix that will still be able to do decent chrome. Just a quick search there’s also a bunch on yelp.

View attachment 863726
This. We use to send out or steel that need galvanizing. Was cheaper and faster for us to send it to Phoenix to have it done than it was in San Diego.

707dog

Reaction score
It discolored it pretty heavy and I can see gold coloring around them.. I’ll try polishing it out but I’m pretty sure these thing are toast on the chrome side.

Thanks for the tips! I’ll try it!
dave if you feel froggy try the mothers bumper/ chrome polish on a power drill with a small pad ( not the powerball). my stock bumpers were ruff on my impala when i got it went over them twice they came out very good postponed me from buying new ones for awhile.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
If it were me I would probably Paint/powder coat them and then tape off a section on the top and do a bedliner coating on the area that is most likely going to be used as a step. Of course I'm cheap and overly practical and most of my stuff is function over form so that might not be the route that best suits other people.

RichL

Reaction score
Never heard this one before. Gonna have to tuck it back into the memory banks. Thanks.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Dave, have you tried a GOOD chrome polish? Like the shit in the little metal cans GOOD polish? I've personally seen that stuff make an old car or truck bumper look new! Acme used to make a good one, now a days Turtle Wax has one, T-280RA. I've heard Quick-Glo is good too, but never used it. Ifthe polish needs a little help some 0000 steel wool (lightly) usually does the trick. IMO it's worth the $10 shot if you haven't already.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, have you tried a GOOD chrome polish? Like the shit in the little metal cans GOOD polish? I've personally seen that stuff make an old car or truck bumper look new! Acme used to make a good one, now a days Turtle Wax has one, T-280RA. I've heard Quick-Glo is good too, but never used it. Ifthe polish needs a little help some 0000 steel wool (lightly) usually does the trick. IMO it's worth the $10 shot if you haven't already.

ill try that too.. but I seriously doubt it’s gonna work.. if it does I’d be freakin stoked though

McKay

Reaction score
I've used that cotton wadding called Never-dull on chrome before with amazing results. Hard to see what is going on with your chrome. But for rust coming though chrome the never-dull is amazing.

spectras only

Reaction score
Try Autosol. You smother the affected area with it, let it sit for a while and buff it. It won't hurt trying, you can always use it on other things like chrome wheels before go to a car show. It worked pretty good on my m/c exhaust pipes they slightly discoloured yellow from heat.

sangerflattbottom

Reaction score
Have you tried Blue Away or Wenol? We used to remove the bluing on chrome headers with pretty good results.

farmo83

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but just curious, is chrome just not environmentally friendly anymore ?

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Seadeck those tops with a Holy Grail Logo. 👍
seadeck holy grail.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
It absolutely amazes me how much you all sweat the petty stuff in life . You all should worry about real shit ,and especially at this time .... Boo fucking hoo .
If the boat runs fine ,the tires on the trailer are good and the brakes work ,and the bearings don't fail, life is good !
I’m going on a limb here, but I’d bet that yore fenders look like shit.

pixrthis

Reaction score
The last set of tandem fenders I had chrome plated in California were $750. After buying and having them plated I’m not sure it was any cheaper than stainless.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but just curious, is chrome just not environmentally friendly anymore ?

Chrome is heavily regulated, and quite hazardous to work with.
Copper and nickel isn't nearly as bad.

Dan'l

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
They have a chrome paint deal I've seen shops do. Not sure how much that would cost though.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I would feel ashamed to show my trailer to Dave, my boats not much better either but it floats and the wife and dogs are happy with it.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
According to standards here yep,they do and the boat still gets to the ramp . Yesterday was a really bad day and I took it out on Dave, my bad.

Don't be one of them, please. 🤔

Rd has had the boat for how long now and they've looked like this all along? 😖

😁

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I would feel ashamed to show my trailer to Dave, my boats not much better either but it floats and the wife and dogs are happy with it.
Yup, this describes me also. This boat was bought as a beginner boat as its been years for me and first for the wife. I knew it would have a bit of a hard life so just planning ahead. I want to get some real hours on this summer and possibly upgrade in the next year or two.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don't be one of them, please. 🤔

Rd has had the boat for how long now and they've looked like this all along? 😖

😁

lmao.. I love wheelers perspectives on things..

Should be noted Wheeler I have had the boat for two years. It was in the stereo shop getting a monster stereo for most of the first.. I was in a wheel chair for most of the second. Lol

hallett21

Reaction score
I vote go all the way or don’t touch them.

Too hard to know what the new buyer prefers.

My perspective stainless all the way lol.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Urinal cleaner. Seriously
Also takes the tarnish off your prop right away.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
lmao.. I love wheelers perspectives on things..

Should be noted Wheeler I have had the boat for two years. It was in the stereo shop getting a monster stereo for most of the first.. I was in a wheel chair for most of the second. Lol

I didn't need an explanation as I was just having a little fun, Dave. ;)