WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fender storage

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I have four large fenders that I want to store under the engine hatch. I’m looking for ideas on what to do. How’s everyone else have theirs stored. I have a Hallett 255 with plenty of room but looking to do something removable for when the boat needs serviced.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have four large fenders that I want to store under the engine hatch. I’m looking for ideas on what to do. How’s everyone else have theirs stored. I have a Hallett 255 with plenty of room but looking to do something removable for when the boat needs serviced.

Goto Nordic / Hallett and they can whip you up some fiberglass fender holders. They are pretty standard on all their new boats.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Nordic also builds with that weird plastic wood stuff and it’s awesome and much cheaper than glass or billet.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

A couple 2x2's, some 1/2 plywood, stainless screws, and marine carpet. You can basically build a 4 legged table, and cut holes big enough for the fenders , then cover it with carpet like you would a bunk on the trailer. Not super expensive, and you can make the legs as long as you need to depending on flooring of your boat. One of my projects for this season if I keep the boat.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yep. Nordic posted some pictures years ago. Need to have some made for the Cobra.

River918

Reaction score
IMG_0392.JPEG
IMG_0393.JPEG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach80

Reaction score
I have a milk crate on one side of the engine compartment to hold my fenders.

DLC

Reaction score
Slightly off topic

do the outer fabric covers work? Is it worth it to get them

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Slightly off topic

do the outer fabric covers work? Is it worth it to get them

Always wondered the same. What is the difference with/without the covers. Just figured it was to make custom. To me it looked like another thing to dry or replace after a few years. Curious-what are the benefits?

Reactions: DLC

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Always wondered the same. What is the difference with/without the covers. Just figured it was to make custom. To me it looked like another thing to dry or replace after a few years. Curious-what are the benefits?

I tied up to my friend one time with uncovered fenders- the rubbing of the fender actually scratched/hazed his paint. A cover is just a little easier on the paint. 👍

KevinR

Reaction score
A lot of the jokers I see just leave them tied on the cleats all day. They just flop around in the wind.

We’ve called that out as “Bumper Patrol !” since I was a kid. Dad warned us to always steer clear of them. :p

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
A couple 2x2's, some 1/2 plywood, stainless screws, and marine carpet. You can basically build a 4 legged table, and cut holes big enough for the fenders , then cover it with carpet like you would a bunk on the trailer. Not super expensive, and you can make the legs as long as you need to depending on flooring of your boat. One of my projects for this season if I keep the boat.

This is what I told him, but then he told me about his carpentry skills... [emoji15]

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji3577][emoji41]

Warlock1

Reaction score
Just looked them up. That's a hard NO! ChaChing$$$
Wait a minute, weren't you the one that told me not to complain about the cost of tires when I had to replace them on the DCB trailer...lol

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Wait a minute, weren't you the one that told me not to complain about the cost of tires when I had to replace them on the DCB trailer...lol
Probably 🤔😂🤪 but I don’t have DCB money lol