WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Few on the water observations to prep u for summer

2Driver

Reaction score
Must be something in the air.....San Diego bay was packed yesterday as well. What about gas prices? The CC in front of me at the gas dock sucked up $2250 worth of fuel. lol. That's some expensive yellowfin he is chasing!

Jesus.

Wait until 30 year mortgages hit 6-7%, shits bound to cool off.

Last edited:

76sanger

Reaction score
Gas prices will probably hit people pretty soon, food as well. I think people are going to try and get out early this year and then settle into more home life during summer when gas and food prices are expected to be outrages.

socal0487

Reaction score
Yeah PPP loan money must be it for sure. Nobody works hard anymore to have nice things. Just all bought with government funds..........🙄🙄🙄
Not necessarily government funds but payments. This reminds me of 2007/2008. A lot of bitchen rides with young kids on them. Once the recession hit you didn’t see them anymore. I think we’re pretty close to that

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Im aware....whats strange though is i wasnt being negative or complaining. Or that was not the intent.
Apparently the line to cross is very blurred
It was not intended to be negative. But some went ahead and spun it that way

I guess i need to create more friemdly sentences.

I added a disclaimer to the original post. I will copy paste it for every time i start something moving forward.
Dont want to break rules or anything, since im a ray of sunshine to brighten everyones day

I was just saying I read it as complaints the entire post except one sentence too.

Note I never said nobody can be negative or have complaints.. I said people shouldn’t shit on other peoples feature boats and threads etc..

I will say if someone was to take that to the extreme technically myself and LOF would be in the wrong..

But damn how do you not read / write that as complaints?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So between Throttle and RiverRoyal this was the standard “go where all the people are and complain there are too many people” deal. 😉
Your post didn’t come off as negative, you can have an opinion or complain about something and not be a negative asshole about it.

The line is - Would you say it to someone in person? No one said you couldn’t have an opinion.

I thought you did a good job. Lighten up Francis.

This is gonna be a long road to hoe..

Joe mama

Reaction score
I read RR post and understood everything just as he posted. Observations not complaining just another day on the lake.

Matt Mead

Reaction score
Next, and not new..if you have pwc try looking behind at some point. It could save your life .
I like this advice, and it needs to be repeated over and over ad infinitum.

I switch between boats and a PWC. Even if I'm doing 60+ mph for 10 minutes and it seems like I am the fastest guy around, my head is on a swivel at all times. I am always looking behind me, ESPECIALLY before I do a hard turn. There is always a faster person out on the water. I mean, at any moment someone with some serious power could be doing 120+ mph and be right on my ass. But I don't see other people getting this message. It is so frustrating to see people with clearly very little experience cruising at 45 mph on their PWC, thinking they are king of the road, and then the rip a tight 180 degree turn WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AROUND AT ALL! WTF people!! Jeez!! That's the fastest way to get your ass KILLED. Damn! Wake up and look around, be alert!

SixD9R

Reaction score
Nice grill but just a tad over my budget😱
Free shipping though 😁

5721C639-6261-4B36-8424-6DA93C5B2E9A.png

grumpy88

Reaction score
I like this advice, and it needs to be repeated over and over ad infinitum.

I switch between boats and a PWC. Even if I'm doing 60+ mph for 10 minutes and it seems like I am the fastest guy around, my head is on a swivel at all times. I am always looking behind me, ESPECIALLY before I do a hard turn. There is always a faster person out on the water. I mean, at any moment someone with some serious power could be doing 120+ mph and be right on my ass. But I don't see other people getting this message. It is so frustrating to see people with clearly very little experience cruising at 45 mph on their PWC, thinking they are king of the road, and then the rip a tight 180 degree turn WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AROUND AT ALL! WTF people!! Jeez!! That's the fastest way to get your ass KILLED. Damn! Wake up and look around, be alert!
I agree with all of this but, this includes people in boats too ! People need to be vigilant no matter what there doing .

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I tried to make your complaints sound a little more politically correct:

If you own a wake boat, and head north to pirates, empty your fucking bags and driive straight, no need to criss cross.
This could perhaps be reworded a bity to alert wake board boat owners that they could save fuel and time by boating in a straighter route.
Zig Zagging causes unnecessary wakes and could make other boaters nervous.

Next. Pirates was the most crowded ive ever seen Thanks you for side tying your boats at the dock to create a pinch point which was just stupid.
Again, using a different set of descriptors could more pleasantly lay out the situation. Let's try saying something like "pirates was raging" which has a more positive spin. And maybe "When side tying, be sure to leave room for others to motor past" has a more sensitive tone.

Next, the latino rap music must be the worse shit ive ever heard. Enjoy it this summer.
Different strokes for different folks, as they say. Let's substitute something along the lines of letting RDP readers
know that Latino Rap music may sound better at a lower volume. We understand that not everyone like to lean like a cholo.

Next, and not new..if you have pwc try looking behind at some point. It could save your life .
Alerting PWC riders of a handy safety tip could be very helpful. Gently reminding others that
there may be other watercraft behind them should be enough.

Next, and im ok with this. The amount of amazing boats i saw today is staggering
The manufacturers are doing well and gas prices mean nothing.
Gas prices are high, and this is stressful for some lower income boaters. Be cautious with your
terminology. Even though boating uses lots of fuel, it can be worth it!

I predict the craziest havasu summer in a very long time. Today was like a holiday crowd.
So you are letting future visitors know that every weekend could be like Memorial Day Weekend or the Fourth of July. Putting a positive spin on the size of the crowds will help us all be less anxious.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Great looking steaks! Wash 11?

No but pretty good sourced by Jimmy V - I do not know his handle on here.

Nice grill but just a tad over my budget😱
Free shipping though 😁

I hear you - I bought this unit over Covid - I think they raised the price since then but there are others. I would look at blackstones and build them into island. Bully did this and it came out great.

That thing is pretty cool!

It works well. I committed to installing and enjoy it poolside in havasu but I am not putting them at my other places.

Cleaned house and made it home - and heading out on the harbour for dinner with Wife. Boys weekend is over.

IMG_5179.JPG

cofooter

Reaction score

If you own a wake boat, and head north to pirates, empty your fucking bags and driive straight, no need to criss cross.
This could perhaps be reworded a bity to alert wake board boat owners that they could save fuel and time by boating in a straighter route.

Next. Pirates was the most crowded ive ever seen Thanks you for side tying your boats at the dock to create a pinch point which was just stupid.
Again, using a different set of descriptors could more pleasantly lay out the situation. Let's try saying something like "pirates was raging" which has a more positive spin. And maybe "When side tying, be sure to leave room for others to motor past" has a more sensitive tone.

Next, the latino rap music must be the worse shit ive ever heard. Enjoy it this summer.
Different strokes for different folks, as they say. Let's substitute something along the lines of letting RDP readers
know that Latino Rap music may sound better at a lower volume. We understand that not everyone like to lean like a cholo.

Alerting PWC riders of a handy safety tip could be very helpful. Gently reminding others that

Next, and im ok with this. The amount of amazing boats i saw today is staggering
Gas prices are high, and this is stressful for some lower income boaters. Be cautious with your

I predict the craziest havasu summer in a very long time. Today was like a holiday crowd.
So you are letting future visitors know that every weekend could be like Memorial Day Weekend or the Fourth of July. Putting a positive spin on the size of the crowds will help us all be less anxious.
Haha epic!!!

Joker

Reaction score
Golfed again today. No fuel spent and no boat cleaning. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard salsa music on the course.
I enjoy boating but the stress involved with it gets old real fast.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Just checked sigalert through Palm springs/10 and it was basically wide open and green. Hope that lasts for the summer!

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
There are more posts complaining about complaining then the original complaints! WTF?

This is why this site is going to shit. Guy posts some observations and who cares if he has a couple complaints? The "Good guy on the freeway" thread had the same vibe.

Yes, I realize the irony in this post as I am now complaining about the complainers! :oops:🤣

DWC

Reaction score
That is only enough to get there and back haha.
Yeah, about enough for us to Havasu. Take a boat ride to Pirates and back..

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
There are more posts complaining about complaining then the original complaints! WTF?

This is why this site is going to shit. Guy posts some observations and who cares if he has a couple complaints? The "Good guy on the freeway" thread had the same vibe.

Yes, I realize the irony in this post as I am now complaining about the complainers! :oops:🤣
Thank you
The guys concerned about negativity right away turned it negative.

I wasnt complaining, at all. But if you want to read it that way i suppose thats how it could be spun .

I got nothing.... guess i will use Mandelons version example from now on.

Joker

Reaction score
Thank you
The guys concerned about negativity right away turned it negative.

I wasnt complaining, at all. But if you want to read it that way i suppose thats how it could be spun .

I got nothing.... guess i will use Mandelons version example from now on.
There’s nothing wrong with honesty.👍🏻

grumpy88

Reaction score

Lol . That was really well done . Very funny !

jailbird141

Reaction score

Nailed it! LOL

JFMFG

Reaction score
This weekend was packed. Anyone else notice the amount of boats traveling on the wrong side of the lake/ river this weekend was out of control? Havasu crew did a outstanding job. Pirates was packed.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

LOL, what a kissass😂🤣
Your traumatic "dinner critique" of your spouse has indeed taught you tact.🤣🤣

Last edited:

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I was shocked at how busy it was on Saturday. It totally looked like a holiday weekend. I would certainly not want to be out there on a holiday weekend if this is what it looks like at the end of March. I just don't think it would be a safe situation with that many people. Too many people don't know what the heck they are doing and there is nothing you, the driver of your boat, can do about an inexperienced and/or intoxicated driver. We didn't even bother going up into Pirates figuring it would be too difficult to get a spot/drinks/food with the huge crowd. Topock looked busy, but not impossible to get in. The neighbors went down to Steamboat and BBQd with no problem getting a grill, so I guess everyone went north. We just went up through the gorge and found a small beach to have lunch at. It was a gorgeous day. Yesterday (Sunday) the channel was fairly empty and we were able to get a table at the Turtle. Perfect way to end our season here.

IMG_9874.JPG

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I was shocked at how busy it was on Saturday. It totally looked like a holiday weekend. I would certainly not want to be out there on a holiday weekend if this is what it looks like at the end of March. I just don't think it would be a safe situation with that many people. Too many people don't know what the heck they are doing and there is nothing you, the driver of your boat, can do about an inexperienced and/or intoxicated driver. We didn't even bother going up into Pirates figuring it would be too difficult to get a spot/drinks/food with the huge crowd. Topock looked busy, but not impossible to get in. The neighbors went down to Steamboat and BBQd with no problem getting a grill, so I guess everyone went north. We just went up through the gorge and found a small beach to have lunch at. It was a gorgeous day. Yesterday (Sunday) the channel was fairly empty and we were able to get a table at the Turtle. Perfect way to end our season here.

View attachment 1100953
Ending your season? Already?😟

Ladsm

Reaction score
We came down river from Bullhead for the day. Pirates was a party for sure. We continued down to the channel and sat on the beach at the channel entrance. On the way back it was a shit show with monster boats running 5 wide forcing boats coming north to hug the side for dear life.
sb22.jpg

Riverryder

Reaction score
We are going to get an influx of lake mead boaters this year too.
i think some will come, but most will go to mohave.

this weekend was awesome! launched at 930 headed down river. past pirates as it didnt look to busy. headed down towards toppock and saw a sea of boats coming thru the no wake zone. decided to turn around before they came in.
it was weird how they didnt come to collect money this time.
Was also weird to see a bunch of newer dcbs not parked at the docks. i was next to a 1 year old m35 mcob.

Went to the sandbar to watch the big boys stretch there legs not many did as the pontoons were everywhere. think they should be placed in the lake lice category.

@Howard288_Recess talked with your borther in law for a little. he had said you just walked away. the pictures of this boat dont doit it justice at all. the gel was so perfect! it looked like it was wet still. was trippy to see
@Mikemo_SDS saw your boat too as you were parked next to him. you were at the back of the boat on my way back to my boat. like that umbrella set up in the front.

water was cold but felt so nice!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Lol

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Time for some of you to list the boats for sale and move on 🤦🏼‍♂️
I did, after seeing gas prices, I'm pretty happy not having a 100 gallon tank. I got something smaller, but I don't see boating the same way I did in the past. It has changed a lot in the last couple of years.