WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fiberglass and Gel Repair- Take a look !!!

Hammer

Reaction score
Update! If you sent me a PM or shot me a text we will be scheduling you guys on Monday. Right now we are scheduled out roughly 3 weeks if everyone that reached out commits to having there boat done.

We have one complete glass and regel that I can’t wait to start. That will take 3 weeks start to finish. If that project is a go your looking at 6 weeks for the next available appointment.

We have an email set up and a website. I will be traveling next week for work, going to take some time for both of us to dial it in and share..

As soon as we are in a position to release everything and fine tune our calendar I’ll post up here...

Looks like a schiada and a Vector are up next... then a blueprinted bottom and a regel of a Rayson Craft if the boat is derigged soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score
Got stuck on the east coast all week.

Schiada and a Vector are in the shop now...

Email: [email protected]

If you can sense photos we will get back to you for scheduling.

We are two weeks out right now.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
@Hammer Are you quoting these jobs, or is it just drop it off and it costs what it costs type of deal? If you have to ask, you can’t afford it ya know. I would like some gel repairs and touch ups on a new to me boat, but not looking to spend 20-30% of the purchase price on something that is just aesthetic.

Hammer

Reaction score
@Hammer Are you quoting these jobs, or is it just drop it off and it costs what it costs type of deal? If you have to ask, you can’t afford it ya know. I would like some gel repairs and touch ups on a new to me boat, but not looking to spend 20-30% of the purchase price on something that is just aesthetic.

Ya, we are quoting the jobs. We can get an idea of cost through pictures, if the ball park numbers make sense., We will set a schedule to drop the boat off, talk details and give a hard quote and start right away.

With everyone’s schedule, it’s tough to just tow the boat up to look at it, then turn around tow it home.

If that doesn’t work out... we will just start setting schedules for people to come by for quotes.

The hard part about that is this isn’t a full time job for either of us so it’s not like you can just swing by and get a price. Trying to balance work and “fun work”. This also keeps the cost down for customers as neither of us are relying on the income to make a living.

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
Swung by the shop today...

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Is that your boat? Looks great! Love Vectors..........

Customers Boat... his names Dale, he runs the we love our Vector FB page.

Mine is still in pieces waiting for a drive coupler from mercury.

Backlash

Reaction score
WOW!!! Beautiful work! You guys are absolutely killing it!!! I may have to book a spot in a year or two to drop off my bucket! 😉

Hammer

Reaction score
WOW!!! Beautiful work! You guys are absolutely killing it!!! I may have to book a spot in a year or two to drop off my bucket! [emoji6]

Thank you!!

Hard to balance and stay true to one boat at a time...
Give us ring when you are ready!

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I love this thread... The transformations are amazing.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Great thread, it reminds me that fiberglass is so resilient. Most boats can be brought back to life regardless of age as long as the hull is structurally sound. Keep the pics coming.

Hammer

Reaction score
Thought maybe it was going to be a bar piece or something. Nice work for sure [emoji106][emoji106]

It’s going to be on display at boat shows. It will be fully rigged with an engine is my understanding.

Hammer

Reaction score
What else you guys been working on?? [emoji6]

A Hallett jet boat is there now. (It needed a ton more work once we tore into her, stringers were shot, a lot of the wood was no good too. The owner probably wasn’t expecting that added cost. Also backed us up a few weeks.

I have not been by the shop in almost a month. Hopefully going by there this week. Here’s what’s on the deck....

Vector V-Drive- not sure what the plan is with that.

25 Daytona- front and rear cap, gel scheme modification. New stainless rub rail. Hopefully get her going at the end of the month.

Schiada- Cap a 21 RC in a few weeks .

21 Rayson Craft- Complete regel and cut in new plates that are flush to bottom of the hull. This will be an ongoing project.

240 Hallett- Gel touch ups(it’s flawless IMO) owners a perfectionist and it’s one of my favorite boats.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Stay tuned....

hallett21

Reaction score
I can't believe somebody hasn't hung one of Mercs new racing 50hp on one of these yet....

Article on here somewhere of 12’ with a formula 60 motor on it with cav plates. Built in house by schiada.

Another member on here did one as well.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Article on here somewhere of 12’ with a formula 60 motor on it with cav plates. Built in house by schiada.

Another member on here did one as well.

IMG_0134.jpg

I built this 12’ Schiada a couple of years ago with a Merc formula race 60 on it. Has a full electric cav plate set up too.

IMG_8793.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Gregs boat is looking good

Ya.... they did a great job on the gel scheme. Those boats always seem to have a Stubby deck the way the gel them from the factory.

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are turning over some boats, there must be a bunch of guys that all they do is sand and polish!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A Hallett jet boat is there now. (It needed a ton more work once we tore into her, stringers were shot, a lot of the wood was no good too. The owner probably wasn’t expecting that added cost. Also backed us up a few weeks.

I have not been by the shop in almost a month. Hopefully going by there this week. Here’s what’s on the deck....

Vector V-Drive- not sure what the plan is with that.

25 Daytona- front and rear cap, gel scheme modification. New stainless rub rail. Hopefully get her going at the end of the month.

Schiada- Cap a 21 RC in a few weeks .

21 Rayson Craft- Complete regel and cut in new plates that are flush to bottom of the hull. This will be an ongoing project.

240 Hallett- Gel touch ups(it’s flawless IMO) owners a perfectionist and it’s one of my favorite boats.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Stay tuned....

Matchy matchy

Its not your 240 he's talking about is it D?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk