Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Fuck both of them

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • RDSUX

Votes: 31 24.8%

• Total voters

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Hopefully not a VIN. Thoughts on this one? Who’s right? Technically it doesn’t say boats only but it does say no swimming. Obviously they could have squeezed the boat in pretty easily too. What say you?

Deckin Around

Reaction score
if you want a beach spot to swim, go to a beach.

but would you want to hang out with your new "neighbors" after that??
This is why I need a fuck-it boat. So I could just run it through those fatties up on the beach and say "fuck-it" as we walk off the bow and over to Papa Leone's Pizza

Last edited:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
On the road it is known as the lug nut law... Whoever has the most lug nuts, has right of way!

Could also do right of weight... The boat driver could have flattened the idiots with the flick of his wrist. Kudos to him for not doing so.

But as said elsewhere, would you really want to be beached up next to someone actively trying to not have you there? Sounds like a miserable time to me!

FishSniper

Reaction score

Englewood

Reaction score
Sometimes I get irritated when I see a mat taking up a prime spot. Then I remind myself that if I wanted that spot I should’ve gotten there sooner. I’m not entitled to anything cause I have a boat.

It’s not worth the fight when I’m trying to enjoy my day. Last thing I want to do is “relax” next to some pissed off sweat-hog (who is being ridiculous).

We had this exact same scenario recently and a couple of girls on our boat wanted to handle it the old fashioned way. I knew sea biscuit on shore was gonna be hurting after so I had to make the mature decision to leave (although it would have been fun to watch).

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
I never new the channel was for boats only . Has it always been that way ? I have been boating in Parker to long I guess .

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I miss Shasta.
80609919-4899-4023-9D00-82AB8348B69F.jpeg

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Were the ladies of size holding the spot while their drunk yuppie husbands went for a cruise in the boat? Need more info before passing judgment.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Commentator is kinda funny. Ugh ugh. No parka a here. I tell ah u.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
My take:

If you want a spot in the channel on a holiday weekend ( I’m assuming this was last weekend), get there early and get a spot.

I hate conflicts while on vacation. I go to the river to get away from the conflicts.
Yup I launched from jacks smith at 7am to get a spot on the channel. We got there so early we were able to move the boat a couple of times to find a group of chicks we wanted to be next to!

Mototrig

Reaction score
This is why I boat the weekend BEFORE big holiday weekends..... And the other boaters we eventually come across are extremely happy sharing a beach, conversation and a beer with.
PXL_20220824_222033339.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Those people are just taking a shit ton of room for the sake of taking a shit ton of room.. there’s no reason for it other to be assholes..

That said I wouldn’t park next to them if there was gonna be an issue.. let alone come back multiple times.

RD

grumpy88

Reaction score
Absolutely not worth the fight but the city ordinance says no swimming in the channel so boat is 100% right.
So I guess anybody in the water in the channel are subject to a fine ?

Xstream

Reaction score
There is enough room for the boat and the raft. If they were holding the open parking space for their friend who just left Tuff move your meat loose your seat. Those people don't own the beach.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Welcome to the new, Inclusive America.

Going to any beach in SoCal is not any better.

The boat imho has the right of way, but would you want to hang out with your new "neighbors" after that??
That’s my exact thought, the boat has the right away. But at that point why, next thing you know your shit gets rocked scratched or some other bullshit.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
People did this all weekend and I drove right up into their spot. There ain’t no reserving or saving spots. Every time someone said something, I said show me the slip that shows you paid for this spot…..crickets

azsunfun

Reaction score
Mooring ties every 12' for a reason.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I came through the channel at about 3pm on Saturday, super busy and tons of traffic. I got a spot, I alway point to the open spot, if I get a thumbs up I pull in. I would never try to pull in next to those peeps. I’ve worked hard my whole life to never have to deal with that kind of BS. The peeps that let me in got their spot a 3am, locals just watching the show.
That situation got started when they shut the channel down for Covid, Havasu PD needs to clean up the mess, the channel is for boats, not ez ups. JMHO

Mcintyrelocal

Reaction score
I don't understand someone thinking they can save an open spot. If you get there early enough does that mean you can save 100 feet of beach? If a boat pulls out then they lose that spot.. If people are trying to take up a spot for swimming or Lily Pads without a boat then there is a ton of beach reserved for that, that boats aren't permitted to moor at. As stated above, there are tie ups every 12' for boats.

77charger

Reaction score
It’s a public spot not just for boaters first come first served whether it’s an ez up and chairs with people or a boat there. And imo if your in a boat and leave lose your spot this ain’t third grade where tap tap counts.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Im about to feel old now. Getting up at 4am on a holiday weekend to launch out of Windsor in time to get a spot in the channel was fun. My dad would make breakfast and I’d just relax watching all the boats creep in. His friends were always “late” 6:45am ish and I would get nervous when it filled up because I didn’t want the confrontation of saying our friends boat is on its way. (It really was) My dad would just put two chairs next to his boat and hope no one took the spot. His friends would show up just in time to get the spot. I have seen a lot of arguments over the years over getting spots in the channel. If someone says no, I definitely wouldn’t want to be their neighbors.

Last fathers day, my friends had a spot in the channel. We were doing other things and didn’t get to the channel until 1pm. They noticed there was room for a boat if two boats moved a little over. Before we got there, they made friends with the boat owners and offered beer/trulys to move the boats. It worked.

clark

Reaction score
Welcome to the new, Inclusive America.

Going to any beach in SoCal is not any better.

The boat imho has the right of way, but would you want to hang out with your new "neighbors" after that??
fuck NO

rrrr

Reaction score
What do the cops do in a situation like this? I could tell from her gesticulating the fat bitch was telling the cop "But we were here first."

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is a police/ city issue....and a pretty easy one if clarified... maybe a sign, one boat per morring spot... beach area is reserved for boat morring, no blocking ...the whole easy up and groups taking multible boat parking spots , vs hey I got a boat and I want to park it here just isn't clarified as to what the actual intended use is... IMO... it's a boat spot.... so no boat, move... when you make rules.... you have to go by them... not just look the other way...no where but havasu do they allow propped boats to mingle with swimmers in a morring area.... thats why it says "NO SWIMMING" there.... kinda like a marina.... IMO if you don't have a boat, you should have to stay on the top part of the sea wall... and no easy ups, tables rafts and such down in the water... it's the same as if people went to windsor and used the docks there for private swiming area and brought BB/Q 's and such. put rafts in boat areas....

props and people don't mix well... one or the other, even at mead.... they have a section, swimmers only.....NO boats...

maybe they should make those that don't have a boat move out to the thompson bay beach????

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
They have their spot, but wanted two. That's not gonna happen. Can't just reserve as many spots as you like. They act like they have every right but they don't. lol

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
It’s a public spot not just for boaters first come first served whether it’s an ez up and chairs with people or a boat there. And imo if your in a boat and leave lose your spot this ain’t third grade where tap tap counts.
not saying you're wrong, but... the intended use was for boaters to park, with the idea that they would get out of thier boats and go shopping, it's a boat parking lot that turned into tail gate parties... what if you went to wal mart and the homeless / or day campers filled the lot and you had no where to park????? wal mart used to let rv's park over night in their lots,... I seen the end comming when people moved into hunington beach wal mart and wouldn't leave...lol.. roll out grass and put up tables...