WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Filibertos. Heart Attack City!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Finally tried the new one in Kingman. Much bigger chorizo and egg burrito than Humberto but what a greasy mess. I’ll probably have a coronary later. :p
FE66D4D4-3681-44CC-859E-E033CE2BE8FC.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So that leads me to a question. How many of these different 'bertos are there? I've seen Alabertos, Alanbertos, now this Filibertos. I think there's a few more. Are these all the same family? Or is this result of some kind of split from an original and everyones out for their own version?

cofooter

Reaction score
That can't be healthy considering the grease slick.........

franky

Reaction score
So that leads me to a question. How many of these different 'bertos are there? I've seen Alabertos, Alanbertos, now this Filibertos. I think there's a few more. Are these all the same family? Or is this result of some kind of split from an original and everyones out for their own version?
It is Mexicos Johnson, so to speak….

Magic2K10

Reaction score
This is like mcdowell's on coming to america, they are just an imitation of the Alberto's chain. Owner tripled the franchise fee and all fled the scen.

The Prisoner

Reaction score

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Here in Tucson the ones I know of are Filibertos, Los Betos, Losbertos,, Ribilertos, and there's one more I can't remember at the moment.

We've built a couple of the newer Filibertos here. I cansay they are not all equal. Some I wouldn't let my worst enemy eat at. Even brand new.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

BingerFang

Reaction score
DUDE! Get the carne asada fries, but tell them to replace the fries with lettuce and ITS DELICIOUS and not super unhealthy.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

There are hundreds of them.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
There are hundreds of them.

Absolutely, and what I find most amusing is most of the time there are at least two within a stones throw of each other (across the street or caddy corner or even with a different place between the two). I dont know why they like to be that close. Its seems very competitive, or something else going on.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Never the ass but the red sauce does burn the ole esophagus later on. :p
30E28B74-9673-46E8-8B03-1B4547AEEEC0.png

Take this with meals for a couple weeks.
I used to be a guy that loved food like this, but the burn!!!

Used to have a bottle of Tums on the nightstand, another in the truck, another at work.
After a couple weeks using this, no more Tums. Ever!
And don’t even need to take this stuff either anymore. This is after years and years of “the acid reflux” after the greasy Mexican, Chinese, etc food.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
If you ever went to the original Green Buritto on Carson Ave in Hawaiian Gardens back in the day you would know what true Mexican food really was. Damn that little walk-up place was the bomb before the original owner sold out to Don Jose's and Carl's Jr.
It's been closed for well over a year now as a car veered off Carson and plowed into it causing major damage.

c_land

Reaction score

Someone needs to open a Bertobertos

SoCalDave

Reaction score
View attachment 1036820

Take this with meals for a couple weeks.
I used to be a guy that loved food like this, but the burn!!!

Used to have a bottle of Tums on the nightstand, another in the truck, another at work.
After a couple weeks using this, no more Tums. Ever!
And don’t even need to take this stuff either anymore. This is after years and years of “the acid reflux” after the greasy Mexican, Chinese, etc food.
And I took Zantac for 20 years...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
You take this now?
Legit life changer for me.
No not since they pulled it all from the shelves in 2020. Huge lawsuit going on now over retidine.
I now take the generic of Nexium and remain HB free.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Mexican food - just fold the tortilla a different way!!

I can’t live with out it! Love some cheese enchiladas! Any time any day!

there are so many different Bertos and the food is fantastic at some and pure 💩at others!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
DUDE! Get the carne asada fries, but tell them to replace the fries with lettuce and ITS DELICIOUS and not super unhealthy.
I have the taste buds of a 10 year old. Don’t like much. All I do in mexican food is tacos…. MUST be ground beef and taco bell style not that real flat shit and chorizo and egg burritos and the ole ladys chicken enchilada

Gelcoater

Reaction score
No not since they pulled it all from the shelves in 2020. Huge lawsuit going on now over retidine.
I now take the generic of Nexam and remain HB free.
Not familiar with any of that.
The pic I posted isn’t the brand I took, don’t even have any here for a while now.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I have the taste buds of a 10 year old. Don’t like much. All I do in mexican food is tacos…. MUST be ground beef and taco bell style not that real flat shit and chorizo and egg burritos and the ole ladys chicken enchilada

Dam what a bummer!

Taboma

Reaction score
Mexican food - just fold the tortilla a different way!!

I can’t live with out it! Love some cheese enchiladas! Any time any day!

there are so many different Bertos and the food is fantastic at some and pure 💩at others!

Have you found some good ones local ?
We used to love the cheese enchiladas years ago at the now shuttered Mariachis by the Regal Cinema & Smart and Final but that cook left along with his recipe, so we left as well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

when I was a kid there was 13 different ones in north county

Dettom

Reaction score
There are many “bertos” for sure. A bunch in Havasu, Rilibertos, just the newest one. My wife swears they’re just covers for cartel money laundering ops.

petie6464

Reaction score
There are many “bertos” for sure. A bunch in Havasu, Rilibertos, just the newest one. My wife swears they’re just covers for cartel money laundering ops.

They sure don't stay open from their great food! I wouldn't eat at these places if you paid me!

DLC

Reaction score
Not sure of the name but the one on 13 & center city Pkwy next to Carl’s Junior has good enchiladas

Burros and fries is just ok

TJ tacos has awesome street tacos valley park way / date area

Albertos on rose & valley parkway is always good!

Cotija’s East valley parkway vons shopping center has great chicken Rollie’s

Los Pancho’s 9th and Esco Bl sit down has good food

Lourdes Esco bl has Awesome chicken noodle soup

Have you found some good ones local ?
We used to love the cheese enchiladas years ago at the now shuttered Mariachis by the Regal Cinema & Smart and Final but that cook left along with his recipe, so we left as well.

Taboma

Reaction score
Not sure of the name but the one on 13 & center city Pkwy next to Carl’s Junior has good enchiladas

Burros and fries is just ok

TJ tacos has awesome street tacos valley park way / date area

Albertos on rose & valley parkway is always good!

Cotija’s East valley parkway vons shopping center has great chicken Rollie’s

Los Pancho’s 9th and Esco Bl sit down has good food

Lourdes Esco bl has Awesome chicken noodle soup

TJ's is the bomb, but on weekends packed and long drive-thru lines.

Had forgotten about Arrieros (13th and Center City), been a few years. Great tip on their enchiladas 👍

Will have to give a few of those a try --- thanks.

A small very clean place next to Encinitas Ford, Los Tacos has amazing Tacos Al Pastor if you're down that way.

PlanB

Reaction score

There may be some actual truth to this. When I was in the academy in 92, it was mentioned in one of our classes that Alberto's had some kind of ties to organized crime and money laundering was the topic of discussion. I never heard anything else about it while I was on the job though...

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I thought filbertos was handing out covid shots.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
For you guys that get heart burn/acid reflux. Try a teaspoon of mustard. Way more natural than all the other crap out there

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk