WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Filtered drinking water

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Redoing ny kitchen right now and I want to put in a filtered water faucet. Single filter vs 3 filter vs reverse osmosis?

Kinda leaning towards just a single filter. Any water experts here?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
it all depends on what you have in your water....

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Yeah and what else? Have you contacted your water district for the break down? They are often on thier website.

If you have soft water with just chlorine a carbon block might be all you need. If you have liquid rock, that changes everything

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Screenshot_20191213-040755_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20191213-040745_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20191213-040839_Drive.jpg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I had an RO in my kitchen, got tired of the amount of waste water. RO wastes 75% of the water thet use..

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I've had an R.O system in my houses over the years. There is just to many unknowns in today's water. I had one home in Oregon where the discharge hose would turn black during the winter. Had the water tested and it all came back within accepted ranges. Also, if you kick up the pressure up in the storage tank you can drop the run time down.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
So which area do you get your water from? Some of those areas are pretty damn bad and others are not that bad.

It said almost 50% Colorado river and 40% aquduct.

So whats the best filter for coors light piss that's found in the river?

Ro do use lots of water, some people save that water and use it for other things.

2Driver

Reaction score
I did this at the Parker house as Brooke Water Co didn’t recommend even drinking the water LOL.

It worked incredible, but the cartridges are $60 and need replacing 2-3 times a year. I liked them so much I put them on both Ice makers at home as I couldn’t run RO to them.

The whole unit is inexpensive to buy as it’s just a flow through cartridge so you can try it and see. I liked it for the river as it removed viruses which standard drinking filters don't, and by the way the water company does not remove them in Parker. :O

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...5+3289735863&preselect=8709316+8711350&rt=rud

grumpy88

Reaction score
Great question . I wondered the same thing . What about the ion units ? Are they just a scam ?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Great question . I wondered the same thing . What about the ion units ? Are they just a scam ?
If thats all you need they work great, just have to be regened once in awhile. The bad part is the chance of you just needing that is extremely unlikely.

All the water treatment stuff is like picking parts for a motor. This part helps, but ypu dont get the full effect unless you that. Or this works great, but with put this other part, it wont last.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
If im not mistaken, youre in corona? If so, Corona has some of the worst potable drinking water in the ie.
I didnt know this until i started taking water treatment and distribution classes and analyzed our CCR.
That being said, im glad we have RO in our household

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I did this at the Parker house as Brooke Water Co didn’t recommend even drinking the water LOL.

It worked incredible, but the cartridges are $60 and need replacing 2-3 times a year. I liked them so much I put them on both Ice makers at home as I couldn’t run RO to them.

The whole unit is inexpensive to buy as it’s just a flow through cartridge so you can try it and see. I liked it for the river as it removed viruses which standard drinking filters don't, and by the way the water company does not remove them in Parker. :O

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...5+3289735863&preselect=8709316+8711350&rt=rud

Basically, a carbon filter?

Dan'l

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Re modeled our kitchen last year. Here in SB we have terrible water. Installed soft water and RO best thing I've done for my house in a while. I'm a full water snob, it taste great. It does waste water but no more buying drinking water, plastic bottles, we're way ahead.

When we had half the house ripped open, I had my plumber run a line for just soft water for washing the cars to the driveway, works well.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
So which area do you get your water from? Some of those areas are pretty damn bad and others are not that bad.

Ro do use lots of water, some people save that water and use it for other things.
I catch mine and have since we moved here. I know most all you younger guys don't have the time but I'm retired and look for things to do. Our caught water goes on all of the citrus trees, cactus and palms though out our yards.

jet496

Reaction score
We put a whole house filter (4 ft tall x 1 ft diameter tank dropped in the ground so it's not looking tall) and now just drink the water out of the faucets for years. It's simply a carbon filter which back-flushes itself nightly. Just put it in & forget about it. Called a Waterboy System.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I catch mine and have since we moved here. I know most all you younger guys don't have the time but I'm retired and look for things to do. Our caught water goes on all of the citrus trees, cactus and palms though out our yards.
I have seen lots of reef guys that diy a barrel or tote for it with a pump and a garden hose. They actually have units you can buy now that you can hook into sprinkler systems. They are spendy, but they are plug and play

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I am running a four stage filter for drinking water at my place. In the delta most groundwater will solidly remind you that you are near a river or slough. I have a string filter for chunks, a special filter for the iron in my water, then a carbon filter for taste and other random organics, and then finally a ceramic "polisher" that will take out everything down to and including viruses. No waste and change some like the string every six months to others lasting several years.