WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Finally Closed on our little slice of Heaven :)

PaPaG

Reaction score
here's some advise...(free),,, lol.... but, what I would do first, and what I always do is get a plan sized plot plan of the property,get a few sheets and start laying out what you want, do it to scale so you can see what you got....this is the way I did the 160 opossum house in havasu...it was a weird lot that I was told to be worthless as you couldn't build any thing of value,... I just looked on Zillow and they say it's value is 635K now... I have a set of these plans you can have, and you can go to a draftmen and have the floor plan put on your lot plan pretty cheep..gives you a place to start...also there are some pretty good subs building over at lake cimmoron, o this plan, you have total view river side,.. and I put the patio as part of the build..one of the horrible things with building into the sun on patio side is the eve.... before the sun goes down in mid summer... I designed this house to have minimal impact ,as in the sun only get to the windows for a short time..also, while watching tv... you have river view on both sides , and all along the right side...like I said, you can have this plan,a starting place for you dream.. View attachment 716411 View attachment 716412 View attachment 716413
I really wish these plans would work on my lot, I think you have some really great ideas with it that is for sure.
22 X 50 House ???????
That was if I built a house that we talked about 2 story and a thinner version 2200 sq feet 1100 per level... If we go mobile it is the one we saw 24x58 and I think the 24x58 sounds better and better every time I hear 200 a sq foot for the house...

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I know the guy that owns that one, really nice setup. It would be amazing if it were on the river side of the road. I personally only like the River side of the road because of the view. My lot is small relatively speaking only 45' wide by roughly 575ft deep but with a 22' x 50 two story house or a 24x60 mobile and I think it will work out for what we want. As always I wish the lot was wider for what I would like to do on the site but it will work as is...

YeS they tried to sell it for $600k a while back. If you do go with a two story house, make sure and get the best insulation available. Upstairs rooms really get hot. The glass facing the river makes a huge difference. The sun really heats up the house in the afternoon. A good solar system is highly recommended. We would have bills of $1300+ a month during the hot months. In my option, a single story would be much better. Easier to cool and cheaper. When you get older, those steps suck.

PaPaG

Reaction score
YeS they tried to sell it for $600k a while back. If you do go with a two story house, make sure and get the best insulation available. Upstairs rooms really get hot. The glass facing the river makes a huge difference. The sun really heats up the house in the afternoon. A good solar system is highly recommended. We would have bills of $1300+ a month during the hot months. In my option, a single story would be much better. Easier to cool and cheaper. When you get older, those steps suck.
The more and more I think about it the more I see 1 story mobile is the way to go...2x6 walls with heavy insulation package and for just above 1/4 of the cost of the stick build I want....3/4 savings can do a lot of lot work, bigger rv garage, boat ramp, nice double deck and gazebo down by the water, all concrete we want and a boat and truck :)

PaPaG

Reaction score
Update, permits pulled, well goes in sometime this week if they have the time, property was graded and base laid this weekend. Next step is finalizing an order for a mobile, setting up delivery and then the fun really begins.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am so happy for you! I've looked at those lots for 25 years, since my first trip to Needles in high school. Someday, that's what I keep telling myself...
I'm glad your "someday" is now:)

PaPaG

Reaction score
Thanks MW, We love the river and are glad to be back after a few years off. Once done it will be nice to sit on our patio and watch the boats go by or just walk down to the water and jump in if not boating...

Shane54

Reaction score
Thanks MW, We love the river and are glad to be back after a few years off. Once done it will be nice to sit on our patio and watch the boats go by or just walk down to the water and jump in if not boating...

Floated by your place this weekend. Looks like it's going to be a great spot! Can't wait to see what you end up doing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My old place was just up from you. It was just a mobile in a park, but a kickass parking spot! I had stairs and a dock. The thing I miss most about the place was walking down and having my coffee first thing on the water. Could be a busy weekend or a winter weekday, always quiet before 6. About 6 during big weekends the flattys would light off...always a good morning when you start with coffee on the water!

PaPaG

Reaction score
My old place was just up from you. It was just a mobile in a park, but a kickass parking spot! I had stairs and a dock. The thing I miss most about the place was walking down and having my coffee first thing on the water. Could be a busy weekend or a winter weekday, always quiet before 6. About 6 during big weekends the flattys would light off...always a good morning when you start with coffee on the water!
EXACTLY my thoughts.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Update, Actual Well drilling is done got some real good clean water, meeting the pump and hookup guy on Saturday for the remainder of the well pump, tanks etc setup plans.
Lots of other steps going on will update soon...I forgot how frustrating but FUN it was building a place from scratch...

Tank

Reaction score
"I love the smell of Avgas in the morning!" :D:D Why'd you sell?

I've been following this thread. SUUUUUUUUUUPER jelous. man G, I can't wait to see this come together.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
"I love the smell of Avgas in the morning!" :D:D Why'd you sell?

I've been following this thread. SUUUUUUUUUUPER jelous. man G, I can't wait to see this come together.
The why I sold...I got sick of space rental for one. Front row spaces they charged a lot more for, and was going up about 15% annually. The park had become crowded over the years as it filled up. Still very nice, but I was very used to space and my quiet life. There was also the fact that someone had way too much cash in hand, and wanted a used double-wide with a nice view. Now I own an acre with two garages without the view. I no longer commit felonies by bringing my guns to shoot during the winter. For the most part, if we were out during the summer, we were on the water anyway. My lifestyle and pocketbook thought this was a better game plan.
As for avgas...I still have my jet...I can fire it off;)

PaPaG

Reaction score
And this was our day today after a a few short meetings at the river lot....Got hot real quick that is for sure.
20190608_120529.jpg

thedan

Reaction score
Update, Actual Well drilling is done got some real good clean water, meeting the pump and hookup guy on Saturday for the remainder of the well pump, tanks etc setup plans.
Lots of other steps going on will update soon...I forgot how frustrating but FUN it was building a place from scratch...
By real good clean water, you mean the same yellow, stinky liquid I get out of my tap in Mohave Valley, right?. Really enjoying this thread! Great spot on the river.

PaPaG

Reaction score
thedan, I spit my coffee out when I read your comment and laughed agreeing. I want filter after filter but I still would not drink that water, Costco and bottled water is going to be our best friend down there...but I am used to that since being in Vegas and not wanting to drink jet fuel tap water we only do bottled.

thmterry

Reaction score
I wont drink any of the water from my place in Willow Valley either.

wishiknew

Reaction score
The water that was coming out of the well at 80’ was clear and ice cold

PaPaG

Reaction score
The water that was coming out of the well at 80’ was clear and ice cold
No yellow mellow? I never got to see it before they sealed it but either way I am going to filter the crap out of it and drink bottled water :) I will let you be the test subject for a bit :)

PaPaG

Reaction score
Long overdue update. We have septic all done a while back. The Mobile home is in production with a shit load of cool upgrades. We want to have the concrete pad done within the next month or so hopefully sooner. Water well is done, all we need there to complete it is to have the lines plumbed to the desired location and set up the pump controller AND as of Thursday WE HAVE POWER.......also had a 50 amp RV pedestal put in so we can hook up our new to us travel trailer that I bought a few weeks ago from a board member on the mobile home spot so we can stay there during the process when ever needed or just to hang out river front, well wife gets to hang out I get to work :) So far so good...

20190717_144649.jpg

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
Ok, its time for some Concrete, looking to get it done sometime near last few weeks of September or in October when it is a lot cooler. Any RD'ers do concrete work up in Fort Mohave? I have someone we have used before long time ago, and a good friend also has someone they used and are decent. I was thinking of getting 3 bids and see who I like best to do the job. I am going to do it in sections but I think a total figure will range from 3k and possibly up to 7k sq feet depending costs, this will include mobile home pad, parking pad, garage pad, and super long driveway.

I am also going to be taking bids for an air conditioning system to be installed in November or early December, I am thinking 5 tons for a 1350 sq. footer in that crazy heat during the summers will do the job. All internal duct work will be done at the factory, I like the gradual systems that turn on slower and turn off slow instead of the harsh on and off systems but am open to both types and I want a heat pump system (all in one). We have a lot of contractors that can do the jobs but I wanted to give an RDP'er a shot at it as well.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Ok, its time for some Concrete, looking to get it done sometime near last few weeks of September or in October when it is a lot cooler. Any RD'ers do concrete work up in Fort Mohave? I have someone we have used before long time ago, and a good friend also has someone they used and are decent. I was thinking of getting 3 bids and see who I like best to do the job. I am going to do it in sections but I think a total figure will range from 3k and possibly up to 7k sq feet depending costs, this will include mobile home pad, parking pad, garage pad, and super long driveway.

I am also going to be taking bids for an air conditioning system to be installed in November or early December, I am thinking 5 tons for a 1350 sq. footer in that crazy heat during the summers will do the job. All internal duct work will be done at the factory, I like the gradual systems that turn on slower and turn off slow instead of the harsh on and off systems but am open to both types and I want a heat pump system (all in one). We have a lot of contractors that can do the jobs but I wanted to give an RDP'er a shot at it as well.
I'm in NO way an expert on A/C but 5 tons for 1350sq ft!!!! Holy crap!! I think some of the experts will be along shortly to right this ship.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I'm in NO way an expert on A/C but 5 tons for 1350sq ft!!!! Holy crap!! I think some of the experts will be along shortly to right this ship.
That is what I initially thought but I have a friend that has the same type of new mobile but larger, I think he is around 1700 or 1800sq feet. We both have 2x6 walls, the highest rating insulation the factory puts in and he as a brand new system just installed and they run it 24/7 to get it down to 83 in days like today, it was 119 degrees today in the shade out there today. There are plenty of 115+ days and 105+ nights during this time of year so a overkill on a 1350' should do the trick. We had a new 700sq foot mobile and a 3 ton on it and it did the trick out at Moabi so 5 should be just fine for something that is almost 2 times the size. My stick built house in Nevada is 2k sq feet and I have a 5 ton on it as well and it cools it down to 65 day or night if wanted during the 110+ days but again stick built are so much more insulated than mobiles they work a lot less to get the cooler temps inside. If 5 tons is overkill, overkill is always good in my eyes.

Last edited:

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
That is what I initially thought but I have a friend that has the same type of new mobile but larger, I think he is around 1700 or 1800sq feet. We both have 2x6 walls, the highest rating insulation the factory puts in and he as a brand new system just installed and they run it 24/7 to get it down to 83 in days like today, it was 119 degrees today in the shade out there today. There are plenty of 115+ days and 105+ nights during this time of year so a overkill on a 1350' should do the trick. We had a new 700sq foot mobile and a 3 ton on it and it did the rick out at Moabi so 5 should be just fine for something that is almost 2 times the size. My stick built house in Nevada is 2k sq feet and I have a 5 ton on it as well and it cools it down to 65 day or night if wanted during the 110+ days but again stick built are so much more insulated than mobiles they work a lot less to get the cooler temps inside. If 5 tons is overkill, overkill is always good in my eyes.

What brand Mobile home did you go with? Our friends bought a Clayton almost two years ago, they paid for all sorts of insulation upgrades but never got them. They have had ever energy expert under the sun evaluting there home including APS energy audit. There findings are not adequate insulation in ceiling, floor and walls, hvac unit inside the home is too small, hvac ducting too small, hvac return ventilation not adequate. I believe there was a few other thing wrong. They can’t keep the house cool in the summer or warm in the winter up here in Prescott. They have been in a year long lawsuit battle with Clayton they just go word the other day that Clayton wants to settle. Hopefully after this Clayton will be changing there ways but either way if your purchasing a Clayton beware and let them know your aware of this lawsuit so you don’t get hosed also.

PaPaG

Reaction score
What brand Mobile home did you go with? Our friends bought a Clayton almost two years ago, they paid for all sorts of insulation upgrades but never got them. They have had ever energy expert under the sun evaluting there home including APS energy audit. There findings are not adequate insulation in ceiling, floor and walls, hvac unit inside the home is too small, hvac ducting too small, hvac return ventilation not adequate. I believe there was a few other thing wrong. They can’t keep the house cool in the summer or warm in the winter up here in Prescott. They have been in a year long lawsuit battle with Clayton they just go word the other day that Clayton wants to settle. Hopefully after this Clayton will be changing there ways but either way if your purchasing a Clayton beware and let them know your aware of this lawsuit so you don’t get hosed also.
Hello, I had owned 1 Clayton and 1 Fleetwood and they were decent but nothing special, this one is a Cavco with a ton of upgrades including energy package, 2x6 walls, heaviest insulation they can install in walls and ceiling, duct work for air is a whole other story and as amazing as it sounds I have to wait til they deliver to find out if they screwed me on the size of duct work, return etc or they did as needed for a larger system.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Hello, I had owned 1 Clayton and 1 Fleetwood and they were decent but nothing special, this one is a Cavco with a ton of upgrades including energy package, 2x6 walls, heaviest insulation they can install in walls and ceiling, duct work for air is a whole other story and as amazing as it sounds I have to wait til they deliver to find out if they screwed me on the size of duct work, return etc or they did as needed for a larger system.

Good to hear glad it wasn’t a Clayton hopefully the Cavco will be much better.

Joker

Reaction score
That tiny house they put in across from you constructed out of a shipping container is awesome. The angle of the place and simplicity is attractive.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

I heard Stewart Concrete did a lot of projects in the Mohave area.

Meaney77

Reaction score
That tiny house they put in across from you constructed out of a shipping container is awesome. The angle of the place and simplicity is attractive.
That place is killer! They have another house above that.

My buddies live close to that place and mentioned the owner installs the plastic sea wall like what they have infront of it?

PaPaG

Reaction score
Stewart did a lot of work for me back in the day, they are going to be one of the firms that I am going to get a bid from.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Garages almost done....Advice on Garage floor finishes. I like polished concrete but a concrete guy I know says they are a pain to upkeep, I like epoxy as well, was thinking white like a few air hangers I have seen, what about just painting the floors??? In Vegas a lot of homes have their garage floors painted, I had a rental that we owned for almost 20 years and it had a grey painted garage floor and it seems to have lasted a good 15-16 years, after tenants moved out our painter did 2 coats of paint and it looked brand new again and cost very little...(picture is of the front 23x60 garage) THOUGHTS on all 3 ?
20210315_142630.jpg

jailbird141

Reaction score
Following .... I want to coat my garage floors as soon as construction is done. I am concerned with the heat and hot rubber from the tires on it. How will it hold up ....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Garages almost done....Advice on Garage floor finishes. I like polished concrete but a concrete guy I know says they are a pain to upkeep, I like epoxy as well, was thinking white like a few air hangers I have seen, what about just painting the floors??? In Vegas a lot of homes have their garage floors painted, I had a rental that we owned for almost 20 years and it had a grey painted garage floor and it seems to have lasted a good 15-16 years, after tenants moved out our painter did 2 coats of paint and it looked brand new again and cost very little...(picture is of the front 23x60 garage) THOUGHTS on all 3 ? View attachment 982166

I wouldn’t do epoxy.. they last 5-7 years and that’s about it. Weird how they don’t tell you that little secret when you are paying the money. Lol

I have seen a real thick “rubberized” paint that seems appealing to me. No idea where you get it

hallett21

Reaction score
Very cool!!!

What’s the finish on the outside of the garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't know how heat effects this, but tires will leach and stain most floor coatings. Some of the high rollers I've met would place tires on 12x12's of vinyl or wood for long term storage. I don't know if you're doing a work shop area, but be careful about grinding and welding. Slag boogers will burn in. That was the main reason I didn't do my shop floor.

BTW, I'm still so happy for you! The place is great!

PaPaG

Reaction score
I don't know how heat effects this, but tires will leach and stain most floor coatings. Some of the high rollers I've met would place tires on 12x12's of vinyl or wood for long term storage. I don't know if you're doing a work shop area, but be careful about grinding and welding. Slag boogers will burn in. That was the main reason I didn't do my shop floor.

BTW, I'm still so happy for you! The place is great!
Thanks a lot, it has been a ton of work and lots of time with delays but we are almost there...the back garage should be done in another 7 days (30' x 70' ) not sure which will get the shop, I am leaning towards back and installing a 10k lb lift down the road and or using part of the front garage as a shop, will know more once it is all done and I situate the toys....here is a shot of our new dock and the view out the front of our place.
thumbnail_20210314_192007.jpg
thumbnail_20210313_152745.jpg

Riverhound

Reaction score
Very nice place you guys have built. Looks line a great start to lots of memories

Reaper1

Reaction score
Looks Great! We're just North of you at the Palms. I'll be sure to waive as we fly by. 🖐

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
quick and easy and temporary if you decide to trade up later or need to remove temporarily to roll heavy things...traffic master rubber tiles...about $1 per square foot. replaceable if damaged. also offers cushioning for tool or part drops, but will disintegrate if exposed to silicone oil (ATF) <how do I know this? :(>.

install over 1 mil poly sheeting will prevent spills from staining the slab

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
The Weatherman and Hilo Energy get props... I was finally able to get the air conditioning for both garages installed. I had HILO Energy do the electrical updates for the 4 air conditioners, and The Weatherman to do 2-3 ton split air and heat units in each garage. Kyle and Steve at The Weatherman are great to deal with. Steve and some of the crew did the install, very professional, very clean work, just great to deal with, I would highly recommend them to anyone that needs air conditioning work. Also, Hilo Energy / Richard is amazing, both companies ON TIME, DO EXACTLY what they say they are going to do, I am impressed. Going to have HILO do a bunch of other lighting and electrical work on the house asap. Hopefully only a few more small projects on the lot and in the garages and I will be 100% done, well 95% there is always some kind of project or addition to do.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Garages almost done....Advice on Garage floor finishes. I like polished concrete but a concrete guy I know says they are a pain to upkeep, I like epoxy as well, was thinking white like a few air hangers I have seen, what about just painting the floors??? In Vegas a lot of homes have their garage floors painted, I had a rental that we owned for almost 20 years and it had a grey painted garage floor and it seems to have lasted a good 15-16 years, after tenants moved out our painter did 2 coats of paint and it looked brand new again and cost very little...(picture is of the front 23x60 garage) THOUGHTS on all 3 ? View attachment 982166
Just don't park a Ford in there and you shouldn't have any oil spots to clean up