WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Finally started watching Last Man Standing

Tank

Reaction score
Excellent show!

Love how the older shows aren't quite so...

PC? 😊

We were watching last night and actually was kind'a taken a'back by some of the conservative views. You NEVER see that in movies or shows now. Then I had to remind myself we were watching the premier season from 10 years ago. I was laughing pretty hard when the ywere talking about a co-ed volley ball team and someone asks Tim Allans character "why'd you vote like that" and he says, "I thought he was gonna be a better president" LOL Talking about Obama. Or how he gets into it with the lib day-care guy and calling his grandson Champ and stuff. Funny.

We were laughing consistently through-out the episodes we watched. Smart writing and well delivered.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We were watching last night and actually was kind'a taken a'back by some of the conservative views. You NEVER see that in movies or shows now. Then I had to remind myself we were watching the premier season from 10 years ago. I was laughing pretty hard when the ywere talking about a co-ed volley ball team and someone asks Tim Allans character "why'd you vote like that" and he says, "I thought he was gonna be a better president" LOL Talking about Obama. Or how he gets into it with the lib day-care guy and calling his grandson Champ and stuff. Funny.

We were laughing consistently through-out the episodes we watched. Smart writing and well delivered.

When you really wanna step back in time...

Try All in the Family. And The Jeffersons.

The very first episode of the Jeffersons, you'll be treated to the N word and "bitch" word.

Very different times!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

The political views on this show didn't change much until the end last year. ;) :p

Tank

Reaction score
When you really wanna step back in time...

Try All in the Family. And The Jeffersons.

The very first episode of the Jeffersons, you'll be treated to the N word and "bitch" word.

Very different times!
I used to watch the Jeffersons all the time as a kid. Watched some Archie Bunker / All in the family, reruns of the Honeymooners, Dukes of Hazzard, Good Times, What's Happenin' etc. etc. Old sit coms were pretty good.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I used to watch the Jeffersons all the time as a kid. Watched some Archie Bunker / All in the family, reruns of the Honeymooners, Dukes of Hazzard, Good Times, What's Happenin' etc. etc. Old sit coms were pretty good.

Right? We all did...

But the humor is Way different from and adults perspective. Way more funnier now. 😉

Tank

Reaction score

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

It actually did get dropped by ABC over Allen’s views, but then got picked up by FOX right away.
The first episode on FOX is an outright face slapping of ABC! Funny stuff.
So seasons 7,8,9 are FOX.
Imo, it slides during season 8, and honestly I stopped watching during the last season (9).
I just wasn’t laughing at it anymore, and the cast changes and writing just didn't do it for me.

But those early seasons were epic!

65CF0679-98A2-47AE-9D93-9FFB4B5022AE.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I gotta say that the original cast (minus the initial Ryan) could not have been better.
Kaitlyn Dever consistently has to underact to avoid stealing every scene. Sometimes they turn her lose and she NEVER disappoints. I truly believe her to be a future academy winner. When Allen says “man I love that kid” he really means it. She is a star. I first noticed her in Bad Teacher.
Ive crushed on Nancy Travis since her role in “internal affairs” my god she was just insane gorgeous.
The first Mandy is from a music theater background, and even though I detest her in real life, there’s no denying her stage chops and the perfect choice for that role.
It’s a really good show, for a lot of reasons.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Only gets better. We’re watching them before bed, saw all when on tv now watching in order. I love Mandy she’s hilarious.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I gotta say that the original cast (minus the initial Ryan) could not have been better.
Kaitlyn Dever consistently has to underact to avoid stealing every scene. Sometimes they turn her lose and she NEVER disappoints. I truly believe her to be a future academy winner. When Allen says “man I love that kid” he really means it. She is a star. I first noticed her in Bad Teacher.
Ive crushed on Nancy Travis since her role in “internal affairs” my god she was just insane gorgeous.
The first Mandy is from a music theater background, and even though I detest her in real life, there’s no denying her stage chops and the perfect choice for that role.
It’s a really good show, for a lot of reasons.
I agree, the original cast was really what made the show, after all the caricature changes it just lost something.

Reaction score
There's a Schiada on one of the episodes, I don't think they had enough room for a Cigarette 👍

think it was tony scarlata boat, tim was sitting in it on the showroom floor, or whatever they call that room in bass pro shops.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I like the show. It's just comedy relief...especially since we're dealing with "Hope and Change 2.0".
My kids like it too, and the reruns are on everyday I think.

Bugginout

Reaction score
My daughter's and I have been watching it for years! We love the show.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think the show was better with the original Mandy.
I do like when they poke fun at the character change though. I think it was a line about half way into the first season with the new Mandy and Kyle was looking for her or something and said something along the lines of "Oh! There you are Mandy! When did you get tall and Blonde?"

nameisbond

Reaction score
Original Mandy and Kristen for me. Both originals better looking then their replacements.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My daughter's and I have been watching it for years! We love the show.
Original Mandy and Kristen for me. Both originals better looking then their replacements.
Molly Ephraim made the show for me i absolutely love the brain dead ding bat shit, but she toss some legit hard ball every once in a while that makes you just laugh cause it goes from ding bat to very intellectual. And she’s smoking 🔥 hot

Sharpy

Reaction score
I do like when they poke fun at the character change though. I think it was a line about half way into the first season with the new Mandy and Kyle was looking for her or something and said something along the lines of "Oh! There you are Mandy! When did you get tall and Blonde?"
The Home Improvement references were pretty funny too! 🤣

Tank

Reaction score
Nearly done with season two. Been binge watching episodes at night before bed with my wife. Find ourselves rollin. Shit is funny. Also interesting that the episodes were watching are 10 years old but the political points still stand and could be sub'd in for a show today.