WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Financing 2005

XX14

Reaction score
I know lots of threads on this topic. I’m trying to figure out how to price my Rage appropriately. According to NADA it’s valued around 31K but that seems to be under the market and I’ve done some upgrades Hardin SS water pump, new Livorsi gauges with GPS, spare SS prop, Bimini, bow cover, boat cover, smart craft module, updated upholstery, mercury replaced fuel regulator and injectors, low 300 for hours, and probably other things I’m forgetting. I’m seeing comparable boats priced in the 40s. I don’t need to make a bunch of money and I want someone to get a well cared for boat and a fair deal. How do I come up with a correct price that someone could finance? Appreciate y’all’s insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sintax

Reaction score
I know lots of threads on this topic. I’m trying to figure out how to price my Rage appropriately. According to NADA it’s valued around 31K but that seems to be under the market and I’ve done some upgrades Hardin SS water pump, new Livorsi gauges with GPS, spare SS prop, Bimini, bow cover, boat cover, smart craft module, updated upholstery, mercury replaced fuel regulator and injectors, low 300 for hours, and probably other things I’m forgetting. I’m seeing comparable boats priced in the 40s. I don’t need to make a bunch of money and I want someone to get a well cared for boat and a fair deal. How do I come up with a correct price that someone could finance? Appreciate y’all’s insights.

Thats always the problem with financing, unless your just doing a personal loan they're going to want to use a book value.

Just price it competitively in the market, and decrease the price proportionately to your desire to sell it as time passes.

XX14

Reaction score
I know that just because you ask for $40k doesn’t mean you’re going to get it but if someone did agree to pay that and they had to finance they’d be coming out of pocket $10k? I’ve always disliked the idea of selling off the Bimini, spare prop, boat cover, etc.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I know that just because you ask for $40k doesn’t mean you’re going to get it but if someone did agree to pay that and they had to finance they’d be coming out of pocket $10k? I’ve always disliked the idea of selling off the Bimini, spare prop, boat cover, etc.

Let’s see pics of it? But I’m pretty sure there’s some special finance places for toys like this. A buddy 100% financed a Rage last year for 44k and he doesn’t have the best credit.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Tell buyers to finance through LightStream.

Determining actual sold boat prices is almost impossible. I believe if a buyer wants something bad enough, they’ll do what they need to do to buy it. Don’t price your bot low because of NADA’s low values. Plenty of ways for a motivated buyer to get money.

XX14

Reaction score
We’ve owned it for a little over ten years. I have all the maintenance records. It’s a great turn key boat for someone that wants to go 70 once in a while, tow the kids on a tube, and take a crew with you. I tried to do something to make it better each year. Kids are all off to college so time for something different.

IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1236.JPG

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Not sure what year yours is, but mines a 2004 496HO , 8.5 out of 10, I’d want $40 to let it go, if that helps.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I would list it at $42,500 based on what I have seen. Good luck with the sale. Nice boat!

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
On older stuff like this, a personal loan is the way most banks will go. Home equity is another route, and now that the “ rona” hit, you can do a 401K withdrawl at no penalty, so plenty of was to get $ if they want it. KBB is the average, and usually pretty low on a well maintained piece

dspracing

Reaction score

Dm sent

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Prices are funny. I’ve said from the beginning I’d ask high 60’s for mine. Everyone said I was crazy. Now I’m looking at 2005 same model boats go for 50’s. 🤷‍♂️

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Prices are funny. I’ve said from the beginning I’d ask high 60’s for mine. Everyone said I was crazy. Now I’m looking at 2005 same model boats go for 50’s. 🤷‍♂️
What year is your boat, what motor do you have again. It’s low hours still right?

XX14

Reaction score
Updating this as I’m finalizing a couple of updates on my boat and it will be available post the RDP get together in Texas in June. I’m putting some billet battery boxes in it and putting five new trailer tires on it so it’s a turn key fit whoever decides they want to come get it.

I’m not sure what’s a permanent next boat but I don’t want to be without a boat. Been considering going back to an outboard ski boat. Thinking a ski Sanger or Brendella but I’m open to ideas. If anyone has something like that I’d be interested in some type of trade deal.

2Driver

Reaction score
With the way the market is and you are approaching the spring buying frenzy, the first thought I had was you are under priced at 40k for sure.

XX14

Reaction score
Probably list for $45 but I know the person that really wants this boat for a young family and I really want them to have it with all the extras. It was the coolest thing I did for my family when we got it. Made us feel rich and it made us rich in memories.

Ps I’d also be interested in a v-drive but as cool as a flatty would be it’s just not reasonable for where I boat.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thats odd that you marketed it right in middle of the boat buying frenzy last summer and still hasn't sold. Did you get many calls, test runs, etc....? How did you market it..... Boat Trader, Craigs, FaceBook?

81Sprint

Reaction score
i sold my 2000 Rage on here in the classifieds in a couple days for 41k pretty recently. All about timing i guess.

XX14

Reaction score
Thats odd that you marketed it right in middle of the boat buying frenzy last summer and still hasn't sold. Did you get many calls, test runs, etc....? How did you market it..... Boat Trader, Craigs, FaceBook?

I could have sold it last year. I had folks that wanted to buy it but I lost my mom in March and the Covid. I also had a couple of things I wanted to do. Refresh the captains chairs battery boxes service and tires. I’m not the guy that’s going to sell something that’s not ready. My guess is that whoever buys this will be at the top of their budget and I don’t want them to have to do anything. My mechanic looked at me funny when he told me it has 245 hours. Time to let it go.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I still think you’re priced low. I’d start at 49k obo and would bet you’d have three offers over 45 in a week. Boat prices aren’t dropping and the market this boat would fit there is nothing for sale right now.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I could have sold it last year. I had folks that wanted to buy it but I lost my mom in March and the Covid. I also had a couple of things I wanted to do. Refresh the captains chairs battery boxes service and tires. I’m not the guy that’s going to sell something that’s not ready. My guess is that whoever buys this will be at the top of their budget and I don’t want them to have to do anything. My mechanic looked at me funny when he told me it has 245 hours. Time to let it go.

Condolences regarding your mom.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
On older stuff like this, a personal loan is the way most banks will go. Home equity is another route, and now that the “ rona” hit, you can do a 401K withdrawl at no penalty, so plenty of was to get $ if they want it. KBB is the average, and usually pretty low on a well maintained piece

People are withdrawing out of their 401K with no penalties?