WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Finnegans 1700HP jet boat

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Can’t wait to see what it really does. He is a member of the forum here.

HCP3

Reaction score
Pretty badass. It was cool seeing Cleetus' reaction even though he is used to horsepower. Been following both their YouTube channels for quite a while.

@cyclone

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
thanks guys. Cletus is a good dude. crazy, but good. He's a way better passenger than I am.
lol

Finnegan, big fan of yours and the Roadkill Universe. Question, is there an option for hydraulic steering on your boat/jet drives in general? That cable steering would be my main concern with 1,700HP and those kinds of speeds.

Reactions: DWC

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
So, finally a jetboat that really does 90 mph? Like every Craigslist jet boat ever put up for sale? Amazing!

Seriously, that is a one sick ass pile of shiny bits!

DWC

Reaction score
Finnegan, big fan of yours and the Roadkill Universe. Question, is there an option for hydraulic steering on your boat/jet drives in general? That cable steering would be my main concern with 1,700HP and those kinds of speeds.
X2 @cyclone Roadkill is some great stuff. Trip to the Desert Bar is damn entertaining

Gelcoater

Reaction score
thanks guys. Cletus is a good dude. crazy, but good. He's a way better passenger than I am.
lol
So what’s the future hold?
Sanctioned drag racing?
Just a toy missile?
If racing what class would it be under?

Looks like it’s dialed in pretty well as there’s no bow lift when you stab it, the whole boat just picks up and is on top.
You’ve obviously studied some stuff, lol.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
So what’s the future hold?
Sanctioned drag racing?
Just a toy missile?
If racing what class would it be under?

Looks like it’s dialed in pretty well as there’s no bow lift when you stab it, the whole boat just picks up and is on top.
You’ve obviously studied some stuff, lol.

There's a new class called Pro Jet that looks really fun. It's heads up for 660ft. first one to the finish line wins. I'd like to do that at some point. For now, I'm still learning what the boat wants. Its not even close to dialed-in. Hauls ass for 400ft and then the jet drive runs out of water. Once I solve that little problem then we'll go racing. I'd like to run a sub-second pass in the 1/8 mile. Once I've done then I guess I'll just goof around my local lake with it or move onto the next project.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
There's a new class called Pro Jet that looks really fun. It's heads up for 660ft. first one to the finish line wins. I'd like to do that at some point. For now, I'm still learning what the boat wants. Its not even close to dialed-in. Hauls ass for 400ft and then the jet drive runs out of water. Once I solve that little problem then we'll go racing. I'd like to run a sub-second pass in the 1/8 mile. Once I've done then I guess I'll just goof around my local lake with it or move onto the next project.

When your done with it, the boat needs to retire on the Colorado River...... I still think you need to bring it out and join Tome Peterson and those of us who make the trip from Windsor to the sandbar on calm Wednesday evenings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

Build some massive looking carb scoop shoe for the intake. Ram that water in baby. Also do you have inducer or whatever it is called impeller before hand

cyclone

Reaction score
thanks! the nice thing about this particular cable arrangement is you can adjust the slack out of it. racers have been much faster than I have with it. I only know of one person who's switched to hydraulic steering.

cyclone

Reaction score
X2 @cyclone Roadkill is some great stuff. Trip to the Desert Bar is damn entertaining
I'll never forget that jeep or that trip. I wish the owner of the bar would have let us film there. its such a cool spot.

cyclone

Reaction score
When your done with it, the boat needs to retire on the Colorado River...... I still think you need to bring it out and join Tome Peterson and those of us who make the trip from Windsor to the sandbar on calm Wednesday evenings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We had rented a house south of Parker for Independence Day. CRIT closed the river so canceled the trip. I"m really hoping the next year we get to go. It would be cool to see the boat retired out west where people who are into these sort of things could enjoy it. The lake I live at is nothing but pontoons, dock crushers, and big boats. I've only seen 2 jet boats here in 5 years. lol