WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fire in Camp Pendleton?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Driving by looks like a fire
2EA83016-CDFB-4CD4-BDA2-56772852055D.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
It’s pretty big - I just drove from San Clemente to La Jolla. The fire was almost up to San Clemente- just over the hill from the power plant. As we drove south it was almost down the the rest stop. That line was 7-10 miles?

it seemed to be moving north west -

Taboma

Reaction score
From what I've read on Brush fire Partyline/North County FB page, there's a few fires at Pendleton and since they're are on active ranges being used for training, they're letting them burn for now. Also apparently they're not really keen about fighting fires on impact areas due to live un-detonated ammo. :eek:
A lot of folks in the Murrieta area complaining about heavy smoke from those fires today.
BF P line.JPG

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
From what I've read on Brush fire Partyline/North County FB page, there's a few fires at Pendleton and since they're are on active ranges being used for training, they're letting them burn for now. Also apparently they're not really keen about fighting fires on impact areas due to live un-detonated ammo. :eek:
A lot of folks in the Murrieta area complaining about heavy smoke from those fires today. View attachment 886832
3 fires supposedly. Noticed the smoke yesterday while down at Oside Harbor.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Smoke has settled in on north county now. Horrible

scottchbrite

Reaction score
We could see the smoke from Berdo.... while extinguishing a vegetation fire.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm as Hoo-Ra, Semper Fi as the next guy, even being X-Army. My Wife was born in the base hospital, her dad retired a Marine DI there. -In addition I made plenty of house payments thanks to various base construction projects 👍 ---- BUT, the annual seemingly constant fires and smoke sure do get old. 😡

Singleton

Reaction score
Where these the controlled burns that announced towards the end of May.

TEBBY

Reaction score
These are annual training fires are designed to both train fire personnel, and mitigate vegitation in and around the base. They don’t want to/ can’t afford to have to close the base down during a big uncontrolled brush fire. That would would pose a very serious National Security risk of the assets/Military Ops on the base.
So, small controlled burns annually, are intentionally designed to protect the base and provide a buffer from unmanaged vegetation overgrowth.

old rigger

Reaction score
I'm as Hoo-Ra, Semper Fi as the next guy, even being X-Army. My Wife was born in the base hospital, her dad retired a Marine DI there. -In addition I made plenty of house payments thanks to various base construction projects 👍 ---- BUT, the annual seemingly constant fires and smoke sure do get old. 😡

I was born there too!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yeh. I was there yesterday. I cant find anything in the news

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Saw it Monday afternoon. Wasnt big then. Yesterday afternoon looked allot bigger. Wind is blowing to the South from San clemente so no smoke here.

old rigger

Reaction score
She was class of 56', but you must have been an earlier class, cuz officially, my wife isn't OLD 😂

Yep, ‘56 here too, Feb. Mom said there were so many pregnancies from the guys that returned from Korea the year before, the women were stacked up in the halls on hospital beds waiting their turn to deliver.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yep, ‘56 here too, Feb. Mom said there were so many pregnancies from the guys that returned from Korea the year before, the women were stacked up in the halls on hospital beds waiting their turn to deliver.

She was a June hatch-ling, but as you said, dear ole daddy had returned from Korea ready to romp 😁

Funny, now that you mention it, my two kids coincide with leave after basic and being discharged 🤭

old rigger

Reaction score
She was a June hatch-ling, but as you said, dear ole daddy had returned from Korea ready to romp 😁

Funny, now that you mention it, my two kids coincide with leave after basic and being discharged 🤭

June? Well then she’s not old!

Taboma

Reaction score
Update on the Camp Pendleton Fires currently burning.

Cmp Pendleton fires 6-10-20.JPG

Cmp Pendleton fires-2  6-10-20.JPG