WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fire Suppression

Lumpy

Reaction score
The boat fire thread got thinking about fire suppression, what I have and can I make it better. Currently I have a Halon unit thats still holding and run
the air blower before and under way...now I'm thinking about getting an extra unit and blower. Fireboy looks pretty good.

Whatchya got?

Backlash

Reaction score
Will be adding a new extinguisher to our sled on the next trip out. 👍

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Extinguisher won’t help much with an engine compartment explosion.
I mean, yeah, it’s a must have, but the blower HAS to be on point I would think.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Extinguisher won’t help much with an engine compartment explosion.
I mean, yeah, it’s a must have, but the blower HAS to be on point I would think.

So true. If there is an explosion, it’s all over by the time a halon system kicks in really. Like ya said, proper running of the blower, and inspection of the engine compartment and fuel system it what it takes. A second Fire extinguisher is always a good thing to have around.

azsunfun

Reaction score
my rig so old does'nt have fire suppresion, close inspection, and blower runs setting up boat, plugs, straps bimini, etc until launching!

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Best thing you could do is lift your hatch when starting. This limits the explosive energy allowing it expand into open air. This can be a nuisance so yes run your blower. Inspect for fuel leaks and engine vapors. I carry 3 extinguishers I have no Halon system but I keep 1 in my engine bay if I get a fire while working. And one under each of my captains seats.

You can never be too prepared when it comes to this but if there are better systems I would consider upgrading.