WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fireboy Onboard Fire Suppression System

Bucketlist

Reaction score
I want to install an automatic discharge Fireboy Xintex system on my Hallett. So in reading the online literature, it states that the tank automatically discharges at 175 f degrees. I have not yet called their technical service yet but I guess i was surprised to read the elease threshold is 175 degrees. I just assumed that in a closed hatch situation in 115+ degree outside temp heat, the air in the bilge would easily reach 175 degrees. What am I missing?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My 2 previous boats both had one and there is not a heat problem like that with them.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I've had these in my boats for the last 20 years. Stored and run in Parker... never had them go off. I would imagine it has to be cooking under that engine hatch when it is 115* outside in the dead of summer...

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I want to install an automatic discharge Fireboy Xintex system on my Hallett. So in reading the online literature, it states that the tank automatically discharges at 175 f degrees. I have not yet called their technical service yet but I guess i was surprised to read the elease threshold is 175 degrees. I just assumed that in a closed hatch situation in 115+ degree outside temp heat, the air in the bilge would easily reach 175 degrees. What am I missing?

It will not discharge in summer heat. 175 is very hot for air. Please call if you need any assistance or have any questions on fireboy, 909-476-0335
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=fireboymain