WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fired up the Smoker

Xring01

Reaction score
Its gonna be a good day...

4 Racks of Baby Backs ,1 pork butt...

and every knows what Arnold Palmer drink is right?

Well I created a drink I call the John Daly, which is a Arnold Palmer with two healthy shots of Vodka... and I am on my second one. Its not even lunch yet. Those go down so nice on a hot day... ummmm goood.

I win
1600541088876.png

D6DAC3B2-976B-4C65-8AAC-EC28540B518B.jpeg

HCP3

Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. Cheers.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Its gonna be a good day...

4 Racks of Baby Backs ,1 pork butt...

and every knows what Arnold Palmer drink is right?

Well I created a drink I call the John Daly, which is a Arnold Palmer with two healthy shots of Vodka... and I am on my second one. Its not even lunch yet. Those go down so nice on a hot day... ummmm goood.

I win View attachment 924071
View attachment 924072
Looks good. I am debating whether to break in the new pit barrel at Havasu place today or wait till next trip when it won’t be quite as hot.

bocco

Reaction score
Looks good. I am debating whether to break in the new pit barrel at Havasu place today or wait till next trip when it won’t be quite as hot.

I love my Pit Barrel. I did add a thermometer to the lid. Give the charcoals a few extra minutes to get going. I look for shorter rib racks if I can find them. The tips get kind of close to the coals. I'm also liking Loot N Booty rubs and sauce.

4Waters

Reaction score
I love my Pit Barrel. I did add a thermometer to the lid. Give the charcoals a few extra minutes to get going. I look for shorter rib racks if I can find them. The tips get kind of close to the coals. I'm also liking Loot N Booty rubs and sauce.
I'm going to have to look at those rubs, we like the Fat Boy rubs, their Cowgirl is our usual go to for brisket, we add brown sugar to it.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Yea I really like the pit barrel. I’ve had one at home for a couple of years and was gonna get a pellet smoker for Havasu place but decided to get another pit barrel.

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
0D5BE793-62C7-48BF-842A-8CA24C63FCBD.jpeg
Did
Did these Plate (Dino) Ribs rubbed with Brown Sugar and Cayenne Pepper a couple of weeks ago on my Weber Smokey Mountin. Fuel of choice was Blueberry Moonshine with Mikes Hard Lemonade (John Daly Turbo).

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
It won't work.
You don't have 7 probes in the meat.
No iPhone connections.
No way to monitor the cooking temp.
No automatic pellet feeder.
It will never work.

Dan'l

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Remember when tin foil in the coals ruled?

Micro beers and beards have taken over. LOL

sintax

Reaction score
It won't work.
You don't have 7 probes in the meat.
No iPhone connections.
No way to monitor the cooking temp.
No automatic pellet feeder.
It will never work.

Dan'l

haha i'm with you there. I'm a sucker the for the smart probes though. It really enables me to not hover over that smoker and lets me focus on hanging out with people, or getting shit done in the house. Typically i'll just monitor pit temp though, unless i'm doing a brisket, which will get a probe. And no, I dont subscribe to pellets either, I dont smoke sawdust.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Ended up getting home from river early so threw a couple racks on the barrel. Which of the rubs/ sauces from that company have u been using ?

Xring01

Reaction score
Yall suck

I win again

Choice Ribeye and Sauted Onions

3 John Dalys
5A81EF9F-2B16-4C15-8F65-7AC640496012.jpeg

Last edited: