WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fireworks Season

LowRiver2

Reaction score
About 600 lbs collected today from Foothill and Harbor Stations : Separated and boxed for our magazine:
67F3A76D-E1F1-4EE8-B920-A421392651FD.jpeg
07282FC6-094B-4EF0-AF7A-E7B40762219D.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What does one have to do to get one of said HD boxes? Looks like some good stuff.

Also question: do you confiscate only the mortar type stuff or all stuff, such as the safe and sane?
In LA , it is all illegal and all gets picked up.
We separate all of it into mortar balls, firecrackers, sparklers/smoke bombs and “dangerous fireworks”(simply everything else fireworks)

We spend hours taking it out of all packaging as it gets counter charged.
The only thing we get that is a gray area are emergency flares. We don’t confiscate but people will turn them in. West marine used to take them back but stopped. They have expiration dates but I can say I’ve never seen an old one not function.
I’d love to find a business that would take them.
They can’t be disposed of by property division so we end up with them.

boatpi

Reaction score
These guys buy from Parump, look at some of the FB accounts of the dealers. All they talk about is how to avoid the cops while driving back to LA>

LowRiver2

Reaction score
These guys buy from Parump, look at some of the FB accounts of the dealers. All they talk about is how to avoid the cops while driving back to LA>
Alien is one of the biggest suppliers. Matter of time (injuries) before law makers go after them.

Getting rid of it costs Ca. Taxpayers north of $1million a year because CARB won’t allow Bomb Squads to burn it off and make Cal Fire ship it to the south to burn.
Cal Fire agreed to let us counter charge it to get rid of it as everyone is running out of room and the state has no money.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Been like that for years. Go to Pahrump you most likely will get caught on the highway heading back to CA. You have them deliver here and the shipment makes it through every time. Several in my neighborhood that sell them and they have for a long time. They double there money. One guy by me asked me if I could spot him some cash as he only has 30k to work with. He sells them as fast as he gets them and then waits on the next order to arrive. He wants to double his order. They drive my dogs nuts always have and never been a fan so I told him no.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Been like that for years. Go to Pahrump you most likely will get caught on the highway heading back to CA. You have them deliver here and the shipment makes it through every time. Several in my neighborhood that sell them and they have for a long time. They double there money. One guy by me asked me if I could spot him some cash as he only has 30k to work with. He sells them as fast as he gets them and then waits on the next order to arrive. He wants to double his order. They drive my dogs nuts always have and never been a fan so I told him no.
Our Major Narcotics Squad busted a Longshoreman about 8 years back.
He ran a side import biz of patio furniture and had huge shipments of fireworks every 4th he sold out of his shop.
He hung around local Narco dealers and one was a snitch that ratted him out.
Detectives showed up to shop and he gave it up instantly in being afraid he’d lose his Longshoreman gig.
About 8k lbs. if I remember right
$1500 ticket and he lost about $10k in product
He even had it stuffed in his toy hauler, lol

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Alien is one of the biggest suppliers. Matter of time (injuries) before law makers go after them.

Getting rid of it costs Ca. Taxpayers north of $1million a year because CARB won’t allow Bomb Squads to burn it off and make Cal Fire ship it to the south to burn.
Cal Fire agreed to let us counter charge it to get rid of it as everyone is running out of room and the state has no money.

The state has money, they just don't want to spend it on that or education for our kids.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Half of the 600 lbs. confiscated in Van Nuys Division in the last 24 hours:
658AE408-553F-4AF7-9DCB-DF5B2539D9F9.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
D394F56D-9033-4F6D-8834-30AD84955EB1.jpeg

8k lbs. off to the rail yard then to the east Coast to get burned off.