WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

First aid at river boating events, any takes?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We get lot's of calls from board members and friends who's daughters are RN's and can't find work,, even in spite of the nursing shortage.
The girls spent their college time in class, then drinking beer with friends.
No experience in the field what-so-ever. Nothing.

My wife has 1000 nurses and when she interviews new applicants, if they have no experience at all, she just can't consider them. No exceptions.

So we've recommended to friends to volunteer work the first aid stations at various events.
The off-road poker runs, the Run-what-you-brung runs etc.
It gives the girls some lines on their applications.
Hey, it really helps get hired.

It's better the resume' reads they stuck their finger up RD's ass and told him to shit rather than a blank line.

How is the First Aid handled at events like Desert Storm and others? or is their none at all?
Thanks.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
At our little races in glamis, BLM permit requires we have to have a currently registered EMT on hand. We always find someone to donate their time, and we supply all the equipment they need (read that: permit requires they have).

Last race we had a gal from Reach Air there to satisify the BLM requirements.

Its always just a somebody who knows somebody kinna deal.

The race promoters are in charge of providing for the safety requirements the BLM puts in place.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
If they're cute, we could just make up some event names and have them hang out on the boat looking like hot candy stripers all summer...:skull:thumbsup You know, just in case someone gets hurt...:party2:

rvrgirl

Reaction score
We need RN/LPN's at our nursing home in Lake Havasu. We are hiring NOW.. Any takers, send me a PM. I can give you the details. Or pass this along. Also looking for CNA's...

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
I know the National Water Ski Racing Association (NWSRA) is always looking for volunteers to help out on our rescue boats. We have all the necessary equipment, however personel comes up short. The races are normally two day events (sat & sun) throughout the year, with the main summer months off (june & july maybe august too).

If you know anyone that might be interested, please reply or send me a PM. At that point i can get them set up with the Rescue Team Captain.