WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

First full week in Havasu

DWC

Reaction score
Wrapped up my first full week in the new place. Took the week off for vacation and I’m damn exhausted.
-Started the trip with a Bday / block party with our So Cal friends and neighbors. The weekend included trips to Bunker bar and Bison falls. Nights were mostly the kids making a shit ton of noise in the spa for hours on end . (Huge thanks to @DLC and @riverroyal for showing us around the dirt). Thanks to our neighbors for not calling the cops :D

RDP tips didn’t disappoint as usual. Carniceriaelcorral was a huge hit. Visited Just Money a couple times for parts and pieces. The weekend ended with a trip to Javalinas on the infamous Havasu Party Bus.

Mid-week included countless trips to Home Depot to get everything dialed in. No doubt the most shit I’ve ever done on vacation. The hardest part is trying to figure out the pace. Havasu on a normal vacation weekend includes beers early/often and with a trip to our favorite dinner spot. Turns out that may not work for the budget/internal organs long term...
PS. Looking forward to next weekend.

74FC06C2-CD3D-443C-8FDC-962EB8091133.jpeg
8C28C3A6-F8C2-4B2C-A35C-3041B942AF2E.jpeg
81C1B6EA-29EA-43B1-B28E-976D4CCD74F5.jpeg

89001CC7-92F6-4626-98AA-77D9ECDB6572.png
:)

Attachments

• B0CB9D7D-8D9B-4265-9F45-723119EF16B5.jpeg
    B0CB9D7D-8D9B-4265-9F45-723119EF16B5.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 137

LC925

Reaction score
Well looks like it’s a great start to the change.

I think one drunken holiday night, a few of us ended up on this said party bus, almost didn’t want to get off lol.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Well looks like it’s a great start to the change.

I think one drunken holiday night, a few of us ended up on this said party bus, almost didn’t want to get off lol.
Sounds familiar. We stopped by Walgreens for a booze reload on the way back from Javalina’s. We took the long way back home that was pretty damn funny. Definitely looking forward to the next trip.

DLC

Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to txt you all last week! We had a great time!! Your friends and family are really fun people!
Bunker Bar is cool and a nice hangout, planning to ride back out on saturday 3/14 our next trip out. I want to do a little more exploring on the back way to the bunker bar appears to be some fun trails and canyons.

Dont worry things will settle down at the new house in 4-5 years! You haven’t even hit boating season yet... Desert Storm is always an epic weekend with the street fair And the go fast boats.

lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to txt you all last week! We had a great time!! Your friends and family are really fun people!
Bunker Bar is cool and a nice hangout, planning to ride back out on saturday 3/14 our next trip out. I want to do a little more exploring on the back way to the bunker bar appears to be some fun trails and canyons.

Dont worry things will settle down at the new house in 4-5 years! You haven’t even hit boating season yet... Desert Storm is always an epic weekend with the street fair And the go fast boats.

lol

I want to do some exploring back there too @DLC.

LOL 4-5 years. That’s about right.

The first year is the worst, running little errands and tackling small projects every trip. Making lists of stuff to bring out and take back home between trips.

You’ll have the program mostly figured out by the end of summer though. Then minor adjustments from there.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Wrapped up my first full week in the new place. Took the week off for vacation and I’m damn exhausted.
-Started the trip with a Bday / block party with our So Cal friends and neighbors. The weekend included trips to Bunker bar and Bison falls. Nights were mostly the kids making a shit ton of noise in the spa for hours on end . (Huge thanks to @DLC and @riverroyal for showing us around the dirt). Thanks to our neighbors for not calling the cops :D

RDP tips didn’t disappoint as usual. Carniceriaelcorral was a huge hit. Visited Just Money a couple times for parts and pieces. The weekend ended with a trip to Javalinas on the infamous Havasu Party Bus.

Mid-week included countless trips to Home Depot to get everything dialed in. No doubt the most shit I’ve ever done on vacation. The hardest part is trying to figure out the pace. Havasu on a normal vacation weekend includes beers early/often and with a trip to our favorite dinner spot. Turns out that may not work for the budget/internal organs long term...
PS. Looking forward to next weekend.

View attachment 847645 View attachment 847646 View attachment 847648
View attachment 847650 :)

Congrats, must be a good feeling!

DWC

Reaction score
Hey @LargeOrangeFont & @DWC & @jbird & @Bpracing1127 when is your next trip?

Lance and his wife are headed out with us on the 3-13 weekend, we need to plan a day of dust & fun! Before it gets to warm.

We don’t have anything set in stone yet. Doesn’t take much to convince Steph though. I’ll see what’s going on

Reactions: DLC

DWC

Reaction score

lol
I don’t think i can keep this pace for that long. :) I had to go home to do more chores and try to relax.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
It must be nice to be out there full time. I hope to be there in a few years myself.

jbird

Reaction score
Hey @LargeOrangeFont & @DWC & @jbird & @Bpracing1127 when is your next trip?

Lance and his wife are headed out with us on the 3-13 weekend, we need to plan a day of dust & fun! Before it gets to warm.
I'm here most weekends, only been travel back to CA once a month. We should be here and definitely down to meet up for a ride.

I went out last night for a quick spin and with the rain we had, conditions were awesome. No dust and all the washes were smooth.

DWC

Reaction score
I want to do some exploring back there too @DLC.

LOL 4-5 years. That’s about right.

The first year is the worst, running little errands and tackling small projects every trip. Making lists of stuff to bring out and take back home between trips.

You’ll have the program mostly figured out by the end of summer though. Then minor adjustments from there.
I’m going with the pile next to the garage door program instead of the list. Another 10 trips and i should be good!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Things get better with time. I Can’t speak for everyone, but for myself it was crazy for th I first year or two.. than ya kinda get on island time for a few years.. now it’s getting crazy busy again. Lol

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m going with the pile next to the garage door program instead of the list. Another 100 trips and i should be good!

Fixed.

I have that one too LOL. It is a tote I drag back and forth. I throw tools or items in it I will only need for a specific task, or items I need to bring out there. Before we leave I always throw the tote in the back of the truck, it has become habit now, even if the thing is empty LOL.

It pisses you off when you need a certain tool or item that you have sitting at home and forgot to bring out. It really isn't even necessarily the money of buying the item (but really how many angle grinders do you actually need???), It is the time burned driving across town to the store(s) to get it whatever it is.

Singleton

Reaction score
When your vacation destination becomes a second home, your weekend getaways become housework focused.

I will not add a Havasu house until we are in a position to spend extended periods of time at the house and can flip my state of residency to AZ from CA. That is when my daughter graduates HS and the wife retires. Leaving me and my sales position working from wherever I want.

DWC

Reaction score
Fixed.

I have that one too LOL. It is a tote I drag back and forth. I throw tools or items in it I will only need for a specific task, or items I need to bring out there. Before we leave I always throw the tote in the back of the truck, it has become habit now, even if the thing is empty LOL.

It pisses you off when you need a certain tool or item that you have sitting at home and forgot to bring out. It really isn't even necessarily the money of buying the item (but really how many angle grinders do you actually need???), It is the time burned driving across town to the store(s) to get it whatever it is.
No shit, it’s like you saw my tote. Angle grinder with a handful of grinding wheels. One of the many chores i didn’t get to.

DWC

Reaction score
When your vacation destination becomes a second home, your weekend getaways become housework focused.

I will not add a Havasu house until we are in a position to spend extended periods of time at the house and can flip my state of residency to AZ from CA. That is when my daughter graduates HS and the wife retires. Leaving me and my sales position working from wherever I want.
Can’t argue based on the first few trips up. We have knocked out a majority of what we planned to do so future trips should be better.
The residency is still in the works. If all goes as planned 8ish years. Guessing my wife will be sooner. No job, no kids to take care of and I’m on the road most weeks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Can’t argue based on the first few trips up. We have knocked out a majority of what we planned to do so future trips should be better.
The residency is still in the works. If all goes as planned 8ish years. Guessing my wife will be sooner. No job, no kids to take care of and I’m on the road most weeks.

It won’t be that bad in a couple months once you get settled. Then it is pretty easy. Easier than packing for a weekend trip.

Although after 6 years I think I’ll finally get my wife to keep some clothes there for her and the kids this year.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
....So......a........Where is the boating content?? 😲

Sorry RR, this is as close as we made it to water. Got it back from annual service in time for Friday boating but opted to wrap up chores and head home early Saturday.

8FBBBDF6-153A-491A-A260-05263A97CF74.jpeg

Lost another Odyssey radio battery to start the season. Get to replace and then put in a disconnect. This is getting old.
34B64A7B-6E5B-4DB2-97D1-741C08FAD48F.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@DWC

Is the plan to move the boat to the garage at the house for storage?

PlanB

Reaction score
We have had a house in Havasu for 20 years. The projects never seem to end, but we hire a lot of stuff out. The house is getting painted next week, but I am the one installing the new exterior lights and fans we bought. Yeah, there always seems to be a project, but having a house there has been a plus for us.

Congrats on your new place OP.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Sorry RR, this is as close as we made it to water. Got it back from annual service in time for Friday boating but opted to wrap up chores and head home early Saturday.

View attachment 847934
Lost another Odyssey radio battery to start the season. Get to replace and then put in a disconnect. This is getting old.
View attachment 847938

What is up with the odyssey? Was literally going to call them up tomorrow to order a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
What is up with the odyssey? Was literally going to call them up tomorrow to order a pair.

It’s my fault. It’s a stand alone battery for the radio with a small shutoff fuse for the system. Looks like the previous owner wired something else to it and completely drained it. I took it to All American to see if they could bring it back to life but no luck. Need a new battery and to review/adjust the wiring.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I’ve had good luck with Odyssey batteries in my race car. They last about 4 years.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with Odyssey batteries in my race car. They last about 4 years.

I have a set of the extreme series in my truck and no complaints. Just need to figure out which ones to go with for the boat.

Alway$umthin'

Reaction score
It’s my fault. It’s a stand alone battery for the radio with a small shutoff fuse for the system. Looks like the previous owner wired something else to it and completely drained it. I took it to All American to see if they could bring it back to life but no luck. Need a new battery and to review/adjust the wiring.
I had the same issue with my e ticket. I didn't care for how the stereo battery was only charged by the generator which was a pain in the ass to use all the time. I had the wiring reconfigured so the battery is charged by the alternators like a traditional system. I haven't put the generator back in the boat since.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

I have 2 Odysseys on a Perko, as well as the breaker switch in the back for the stereo. If I switch the Perko to off, but forget to close that breaker, the stereo stays on and drains the battery??

DWC

Reaction score
Vista Del Lago?
Yes sir,
I had the same issue with my e ticket. I didn't care for how the stereo battery was only charged by the generator which was a pain in the ass to use all the time. I had the wiring reconfigured so the battery is charged by the alternators like a traditional system. I haven't put the generator back in the boat since.
Who did your work? I thought the gen deal was cool for the first year. It’s just something else that needs maintenance. Our Magic had 3 stereo batteries. Heavy as shit but would last all day. We get a few hours and then it’s gen time.

DWC

Reaction score
I have 2 Odysseys on a Perko, as well as the breaker switch in the back for the stereo. If I switch the Perko to off, but forget to close that breaker, the stereo stays on and drains the battery??
The first time i figured i didn’t flip the breaker switch. It’s easy to forget. After the first replacement it became part of my closing checklist. There’s something draining it or it just isn’t getting a full enough charge between uses.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Ideally no. But if your stereo is directly wired to one of the batteries, bypassing the switch, yes.

If I switch my Perko off, it kills the stereo. So I never switch the Perko off, I just move the switch to 1 or 2 for charging to isolate the batteries.

Alway$umthin'

Reaction score
Yes sir,

Who did your work? I thought the gen deal was cool for the first year. It’s just something else that needs maintenance. Our Magic had 3 stereo batteries. Heavy as shit but would last all day. We get a few hours and then it’s gen time.
Robert at Coast Motor Group did it. I can run the stereo pretty much all day without any issues then plug it in over night for a full charge. The generator is nice to have as an option to power whatever you might need but having to use it for the stereo was inconvenient.