WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FIRST HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRANDED GMC PICKUP IN HISTORY INTRODUCED

Springfield

Reaction score
Harley-Davidson and Tuscany Motor Co. collaborate to forge new GM Truck

Milwaukee – Jan. 10, 2020 – Harley-Davidson Motor Company (NYSE:HOG) and Tuscany Motor Co. will introduce the first Harley-Davidson branded GMC pickup in history at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona in Quarter 1 of 2020. Only 250 Harley-Davidson branded GMC® Sierra® trucks will be available through select authorized GMC/Tuscany dealers in North America.

“Fans have long hungered for a limited edition GMC truck that celebrates their passion for Harley-Davidson motorcycles,” said Jeff Burttschell, Vice President, Tuscany Motor Co. “Working closely with Brad Richards, Vice President of Styling and Design at Harley-Davidson, we created a fantastic truck worthy of the Harley-Davidson name. For the first time in history, it will be possible to rumble down the road in a V8 powered Harley-Davidson edition GMC truck.”

The new pickup includes over 65 numerous edition-specific components that make the 2020 model truck distinctly Harley-Davidson. The styling was inspired by the famous Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy® model.

“Harley-Davidson and GMC are two of the most recognizable and admired American brands in the world,” said Jon Bekefy, General Manager of Brand Marketing at Harley-Davidson, Inc. “We’re proud of the new Harley-Davidson edition GMC Sierra. It truly reflects Harley-Davidson’s passion for giving committed riders new ways to share their affinity for the brand and for riding.”

The Tuscany team begins with a GMC Sierra truck and then installs many motorcycle-inspired components. These include Harley-Davidson branded 22” milled aluminum wheels styled and inspired by the Harley-Davidson Fatboy model, a custom tuned exhaust with Harley-Davidson exclusive solid billet aluminum tips, distinctive Harley-Davidson bar and shield badging, stainless steel Harley-Davidson gauges, billet pedals, two-tone diamond stitched and perforated custom leather seating surfaces, and official numbered Harley-Davidson center console badge.

Additional proprietary components that add to the aggressive look of the truck include, custom tuned BDS suspension lift with upgraded Fox shocks, 35” all-terrain tires, lighted power deploying running boards with unique integrated rocker trim, custom fender flares, functional fender vents, front bumper redesign with integrated LED light bar, custom design Harley-Davidson grille with Bar & Shield insert, replacement functional Harley-Davidson designed ram-air hood, rear bumper redesign with custom exhaust ports, Harley-Davidson tailgate appliqué, color-matched Harley-Davidson inspired tonneau cover with debossed Harley-Davidson bar and shield logo, carpeted bed mat with Harley-Davidson logo, Harley-Davidson floor mats, Harley-Davidson door entry sills, custom accent color door, dash and steering wheel trim.

Under the arrangement, Tuscany will provide the GMC Sierra and manufacture the interior and exterior components under Harley-Davidson’s direction. The 2020 Harley-Davidson GMC will be available for delivery to the retail public at select authorized GMC dealers beginning February 2020. GMC dealers and the retail public can also reserve their vehicle by visiting HarleyTruck.com/GMC or calling (817.769.4720).

Low asking price of $94,995.00, the Harley Davidson Sierra is scheduled to make its public debut at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale on January 16.

Standard Exterior Features
  • 22″ HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRANDED FATBOY® STYLE MILLED ALUMINUM WHEELS
  • 35″/12.5/22 ALL TERRAIN TIRES
  • BDS SUSPENSION DESIGNED FOR THE HARLEY-DAVIDSON TRUCK W/ EXCLUSIVELY TUNED “FOX” PERFORMANCE SHOCKS AND LATERAL STABILITY BARS
  • SPEEDOMETER RECALIBRATED
  • FRONT END ALIGNMENT
  • TIRE SENSORS RECALIBRATED
  • EXCLUSIVE POWER RUNNING BOARDS W/ ROCK GUARD TRIM AND ENTRY LIGHTS
  • COLOR MATCHED HARLEY-DAVIDSON DESIGNED FENDER FLARES
  • CUSTOM DESIGNED FRONT FENDER VENTS W/ BAR & SHIELD LOGO
  • “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” DOOR BADGING
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON FRONT BUMPER REDESIGN W/ ACCENT COLOR SKID PLATE AND INTEGRATED LED LIGHT BAR (LED LIGHTS FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY)
  • FULL REPLACEMENT GRILLE ASSEMBLY W/ BAR & SHIELD MESH AND “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” BADGING
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON ORANGE TOW HOOKS
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON DESIGNED INDUCTION STYLE HOOD
  • “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” WINDSHIELD HEADER
  • COLOR MATCHED REAR BUMPER REDESIGN
  • PERFORMANCE TUNED EXHAUST W/ DUEL BILLET TIPS & ORANGE ACCENTS
  • “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” BRANDED TAILGATE CLADDING
  • TONNEAU COVER W/ DEBOSSED BAR & SHIELD LOGO AND CARPET LINER
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRANDED BED RUG (FLOOR MAT ONLY)
  • 3 YEAR / 36,000 MILE WARRANTY
Standard Interior Features
  • CUSTOM LEATHER SEATING W/ ORANGE DIAMOND PATTERN EMBROIDERY W/ “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” BADGING
  • PIANO BLACK ACCENTED DOOR PANELS, CONSOLE, & DASH TRIM
  • REDESIGNED CENTER CONSOLE W/ HARLEY-DAVIDSON EMBLEM AND OFFICIAL NUMBERED HARLEY-DAVIDSON CONSOLE BADGE
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON BAR & SHIELD LOGO CARPET FLOOR MATS
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRANDED DOOR SILL INSERTS
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON STAINLESS STEEL GAUGES W/ BACK-LIGHTING
  • HARLEY-DAVIDSON BILLET PEDALS W/ BAR AND SHIELD LOGO
  • DEEP TINTED WINDOWS (50 STATE).
  • 2020-harley-davidson-gmc-sierra.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
Why is this a big deal and why so few (only 250)

Ford made a sold a shit ton of the Harley editions?

bocco

Reaction score
Seems like you would have a very narrow market for resale.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
This is akin to a Ford dealer putting IROC-Z stickers on a Mustang.

It has everything to do with dealerships being independent businesses, who can basically do whatever they want with an aftermarket outfitter.

It has zero to do with GM Corporate.
It’s not a factory option/package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
And why is the press release dated two days into the future?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Vomit. I am sure if GM was going to build it, it wouldn't be so bad. Tuscany is one of the companies that used to make the vans with sinks and wheel flairs on them. :D Harley just doesn't have the pull like they had where they could partner with a manufacture like Ford (or GM) and have them build a factory vehicle.

EDIT, @pronstar posted basically what I just said about the same time I was writing it.

Tank

Reaction score
Can anyone name a factory car partnership like this that is actually cool?

Tank

Reaction score
Ford and Eddie Bauer [emoji12]

View attachment 832398

Other than this partnership, I’d never heard of Eddie Bauer [emoji1787]

LOL, I was actually thinking specifically of Eddie Bauer and the "No Fear" nissan package. Like WTF? Do I need a store chain or clothing company to ad money on top of the upgrades I can already get with out the free advertising? You're basically paying to advertise for the other company.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
When Harley Teams up with Musk, you will regret this post.. :p
That’s OK, I’m still scratching my head how a company like tesla that can build a nice looking sport Coupe and some other not bad looking automobiles could come up with that cluster fuck of a truck. I just don’t understand it what the hell were they thinking. What a disappointment.:confused::rolleyes:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Ford and Eddie Bauer [emoji12]

View attachment 832398

Other than this partnership, I’d never heard of Eddie Bauer [emoji1787]

Thats becuase you lived in so cal. It did not get cold enough for flannel. If you lived in the northwest you would have( they were founded in Seattle in i want to say 1920)

Springfield

Reaction score
Why is this a big deal and why so few (only 250)

Ford made a sold a shit ton of the Harley editions?

I think I read elsewhere that is 250 a year built but unknown for how many years.

Ford did the HD model from 2000-2012, last year they broke out their 2018 Ford F150 HD Limited Edition, numbered .

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Hey, now Chevy is following Toyota's truck DECAL upgrades. Too bad Toyota is already using "TuRD" as their brand name otherwise Chebby could use it

Tank

Reaction score
Hey, now Chevy is following Toyota's truck DECAL upgrades. Too bad Toyota is already using "TuRD" as their brand name otherwise Chebby could use it

They were calling it Toyota Experimental Racing Design but weren't selling any units! :D:D:D:D:p:p

sirbob

Reaction score
Lets not Forget the 1979 Bill Blass Lincoln.
fb932d9f360d50ceaea138b6706a68f26476179d.jpg

Yeh now, as a '79 HS grad... I lived in a suburb of Cleveland in the 70's and my next door neighbor built that car! They built a bunch of that stuff in Loran or Elyria area.

About 10 kids at my high school drove those when they were brand new - they went to school then worked the swing shift at the plant. Got an employee discount and bought what they built. A bunch of 18 / 19 Yo kids making a few bucks and spending it as fast as they could!