Reaction score
198B0749-C03B-401A-A7D5-C490A022F511.jpeg
FA97CEEA-B51E-4B42-B02B-153834BF5564.jpeg
041CD8A8-71B0-4180-A69B-93290A590480.jpeg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Looks like a great time.
A lot of nuances running and unpacking an RV.

Don’t leave plastic bottled water, or soda pop cans inside for periods of time.
Water bottles will get hot and taste like plastic.
Soda cans might explode. 😉

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like a great time.
A lot of nuances running and unpacking an RV.

Don’t leave plastic bottled water, or soda pop cans inside for periods of time.
Water bottles will get hot and taste like plastic.
Soda cans might explode. 😉

my RV will never see more than 80 degrees inside. Even outside it’s plugged into my house and the AC’s are set. It’s 73right now out here running on the generator

poncho

Reaction score
Dave,

Making some priceless memories there.
👍
Enjoyed following along on your thread, learned quite a bit after a several year hiatus not having one.

Singleton

Reaction score
my RV will never see more than 80 degrees inside. Even outside it’s plugged into my house and the AC’s are set. It’s 73right now out here running on the generator

it will in the heat of summer. Once it is over 110, 2 AC’s will only cool to the high 80’s maybe 85.

RCDave

Reaction score
I have a 37 dp with two 15,000 btu roof ACs.

With exterior front window covers, it cools into the mid 70s an a 110 degree day. The trick is start the acs early in the morning and never shut them off. And run them on high, not auto. And always try and park with the front window not into the afternoon sun

Last edited:

EBT531

Reaction score
it will in the heat of summer. Once it is over 110, 2 AC’s will only cool to the high 80’s maybe 85.

that must depend on the rv. I had a 38’ navigator and the ac’s cooled it into the 70’s no problem even in the summer.

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Congratulations Dave... That thing is Sick buddy. Good Times.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
I thought for sure we would get some rolling out of the rig morning pics;)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Camping ?? That’s not what I would call camping!!!
I think that's called Glamping. ;)

On a side note, if I had RD's money I'd burn mine.
That is the dumbest term. It just all of a sudden popped up like RV's just came about 5 years ago.

It was always CAMPING when we did it 30+ years ago.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Great looking rig. Congrats. I hate CA but one of the very few things I miss is the family RV camping at various spots along Hwy 395 in the eastern High Sierras. Beginning at Lone Pine all the way up to Carson City there are numerous great camping spots. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Happy for you and your family Dave. Season is starting up here, we are headed out for my B-Day the 20th -25th.
Can't wait.

stingray11

Reaction score
I would think motor home, and I can appreciate needing that in that climate but camping to me is a tent not a air condition motor home that's RV ing not camping. When we go camping it always involves the boat. Personally I would go 5th wheel that way you can drop it and still have your truck to go around looking at the sites. That is nice though I have to admit a hell of a lot better than sleeping in a tent congratulations Dave

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I would think motor home, and I can appreciate needing that in that climate but camping to me is a tent not a air condition motor home that's RV ing not camping. When we go camping it always involves the boat. Personally I would go 5th wheel that way you can drop it and still have your truck to go around looking at the sites

Apparently these days they call it glamping?
🤷‍♂️

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Dam I didn’t you were supposed to use them 😫 sold mine after 1 use in 2 years 😫 and now wifey says we should go camping 😳 I’m getting her a 2021 3 horse with living quarters As soon as it gets in

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
We bought a Berkshire Legacy 340 DP with a bunk conversion about a week and a half ago. There was a pretty long thread on our motorhome
Search on here.

here’s the pics when I first got it. View attachment 931255 View attachment 931256 View attachment 931257 View attachment 931258 View attachment 931259 View attachment 931260 View attachment 931261 View attachment 931262 View attachment 931263 View attachment 931264
The triple bunk set up is legit! Congrats on the purchase, looks awesome [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

stingray11

Reaction score
Rock star,that is sweet

Duramax

Reaction score
We bought a Berkshire Legacy 340 DP with a bunk conversion about a week and a half ago. There was a pretty long thread on our motorhome
Search on here.

here’s the pics when I first got it. View attachment 931255 View attachment 931256 View attachment 931257 View attachment 931258 View attachment 931259 View attachment 931260 View attachment 931261 View attachment 931262 View attachment 931263 View attachment 931264
Great job Dave, congrats! I NEVER thought I would ever get an RV and travel, but I have thought about it more and more when we get down the road. You have room at your house you said?

zhandfull

Reaction score
Search on here.

That's a real unicorn in that size and sleeping configuration. Perfect compromise of all the wants and needs in my opinion.
With the black color I think I would be looking for some indoor storage or one of those RV steel covers for storage at your house. Havasu sun and heat will start thermo checking the dark colors on the top fairly quickly out in Havasu.

https://www.rvtravel.com/thermal899/

fmo24

Reaction score
That's a real unicorn in that size and sleeping configuration. Perfect compromise of all the wants and needs in my opinion.
With the black color I think I would be looking for some indoor storage or one of those RV steel covers for storage at your house. Havasu sun and heat will start thermo checking the dark colors on the top fairly quickly out in Havasu.

https://www.rvtravel.com/thermal899/
I’m guessing his actual roof is white fiberglass.

fmo24

Reaction score
Top or sides the thermo checking is pretty well documented with dark colors in RV circles.
Agreed , mine is a dark grey so I’m sure it’s in my future. Lol

Singleton

Reaction score
@RiverDave
With a trip completed, what are you fixing or upgrading before the next trip?
What did you not have, that you are getting?
What did you purchase that is still in the original packaging?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave
With a trip completed, what are you fixing or upgrading before the next trip?
What did you not have, that you are getting?
What did you purchase that is still in the original packaging?

I got a call last night that a friends dad is dying. I've known this friend since I was 2-3 years old so needless to say I spent a lot of time at their house all growing up, so I have to run to San Diego today and go say good byes and what not. When I get back tomorrow evening I'll try to update with all of that, but it's gonna be a bit tough without unloading the RV to see what we didn't use.. LOL. I can promise you we didn't use the "TARP". which Is a subject of contention around here.. LOL

Stacy went on some website where it has this list of shit you supposedly need while camping / rv'ing.. I knew I was in deep shit when she handed me the bulk pack of road flares, but when I she said "Here's the tarp" my response was somewhat of "WTF am I gonna do with a tarp?" I have run every single reasonable scenario in my head and I still can't figure out what I'd want a Tarp for.... But we got one.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m guessing his actual roof is white fiberglass.

I'm not sure if it is or isn't? There's a bunch of solar up there that covers about half of it though.

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I got a call last night that a friends dad is dying. I've known this friend since I was 2-3 years old so needless to say I spent a lot of time at their house all growing up, so I have to run to San Diego today and go say good byes and what not. When I get back tomorrow evening I'll try to update with all of that, but it's gonna be a bit tough without unloading the RV to see what we didn't use.. LOL. I can promise you we didn't use the "TARP". which Is a subject of contention around here.. LOL

Stacy went on some website where it has this list of shit you supposedly need while camping / rv'ing.. I knew I was in deep shit when she handed me the bulk pack of road flares, but when I she said "Here's the tarp" my response was somewhat of "WTF am I gonna do with a tarp?" I have run every single reasonable scenario in my head and I still can't figure out what I'd want a Tarp for.... But we got one.

RD
You can use the tarp to cover toys outside instead of loading them into the trailer when weather gets shitty (it's nice to not have to wait or dry off a seat to go riding). Or if you develop a surprise roof leak while out, it doesn't have to ruin your entire trip. Or if something happen to the rig and you need to work under it, you can throw it down to keep yourself, who am I kidding, whoever you get to climb under there out of the dirt as well as their tools.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
You can use the tarp to cover toys outside instead of loading them into the trailer when weather gets shitty (it's nice to not have to wait or dry off a seat to go riding). Or if you develop a surprise roof leak while out, it doesn't have to ruin your entire trip. Or if something happen to the rig and you need to work under it, you can throw it down to keep yourself, who am I kidding, whoever you get to climb under there out of the dirt as well as their tools.

THANK YOU!! TARP STAYS DAVE! We also were thinking it would make a fun slip and slide!!

fmo24

Reaction score
THANK YOU!! TARP STAYS DAVE! We also were thinking it would make a fun slip and slide!!
We have ours over our screen room right now. Raining pretty regularly here in central Florida so our bikes and picnic table are in screen room covered by silver tarp

Singleton

Reaction score

nailed all the reasons I carry 1 in my ToyHauler

RCDave

Reaction score

RD

LOL. That is to line the ground. In the event you have to grab a sleeping bag and sleep in the dirt cause you pissed her off!