WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flakey Uber drivers suck.....

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I don’t have a car right now so I’m relying on Uber all week to get me to work....

What a disaster this has been......

Each morning I’m getting ‘no drivers available in my area at 530am.. WTF?

Two of them cancelled on me this morning after accepting my ride & the third guy took 25mins to get me.....

I had originally scheduled a pickup for 535-545am.... I finally got picked up at 0615am....

I was in full panic mode & ready to just call in sick....

It’s just very frustrating relying on other people to get to work & back.....

Not to mention it’s costs around $30 to go 11-12 miles.....

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Flakey people in general suck.
Might be worth looking into renting a car for a few weeks or month....especially at $60 daily roundtrips.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Get your driver to pick you up every morning cash off the app.
I was going to say the same thing, find a decent driver and offer them a deal! Or maybe a coworker? Yeah a ton of them are flakes and they raised the prices huge lately!!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Due to medical issues my wife hasn't been able to drive for awhile and has been using Uber - what a shit show, just to go 4 or 5 miles she can't get a ride for under $40 or they cancel on her. Sometimes she has to cancel the request then make a new request to get a ride for a decent price. So much for an affordable transportation service.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Precovid in Vegas was a clusterfuck. They would take forever and then cancel. When we got in the car the dude was accepting rides as fast as they came across even though we still had about another 10-15 min in the car. I think they finally settle on the highest fare and cancel the rest.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Funny story though. One night we were drinking at the neighbors and my boy needed to go somewhere so I ordered an Uber or 3😂 thought the dudes canceled. Anyways ended up with a 3 Uber traffic jam in my dead end.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Funny story though. One night we were drinking at the neighbors and my boy needed to go somewhere so I ordered an Uber or 3😂 thought the dudes canceled. Anyways ended up with a 3 Uber traffic jam in my dead end.

SO!!, on the Other Hand Customers SUCK?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
What do ya mean...... Uber and mass transit doesn’t work like all the tree Hugging commies tell us ?..!!! Yea. Some utopia they are building. Lol.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I thought they ( being Uber or lift) really wanted your input on drivers that do this. They don’t want this. Don’t they also have a rating when use them. I don’t know my wife is the one that we are going out drink and taking a Uber boss

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t have a car right now so I’m relying on Uber all week to get me to work....

What a disaster this had been......

Each morning I’m getting ‘no drivers available in my area at 530am.. WTF?

Two of them cancelled on me this morning after accepting my ride & the third guy took 25mins to get me.....

I had originally scheduled a pickup for 535-545am.... I finally got picked up at 0615am....

I was in full panic mode & ready to just call in sick....

It’s just very frustrating relying on other people to get to work & back.....

Not to mention it’s costs around $30 to go 11-12 miles.....

Anyone have any similar experiences?

You can rent a car pretty cheap? Hell you can go rent a truck from Home Depot for 25.00 a day?

I wouldn't rely on uber in that scenario...

RD

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I used Uber a lot when it first came out. Used to be a black town car or black Escalade/Tahoe. Professional driver in a suit. Didn’t talk to you unless you wanted to.
Now it’s the fucking Walmart of car service. Junk cars, often stink and drivers suck. Ive been in several where breaks are metal on metal, tires were so far out of balance it felt like driving on a wash board or the driver was so awful I wanted to strangle them.

I was in one in Austin Texas a few weeks ago- some middle eastern fuck with a little pot of burning incense hangin from the passenger seat back and he had red laser lights going- what in the actual fuck?

I’ve noticed it’s longer and longer to get a ride. It’s just another junk service now...

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Right! Might as well call a taxi. Used to be 15 min max.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
You can rent a car pretty cheap? Hell you can go rent a truck from Home Depot for 25.00 a day?

I wouldn't rely on uber in that scenario...

RD

Home depot trucks are and have been $129 per day for a long time.

Rental cars are up over a thousand percent in places... ive been trying to book one in Detroit, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, etc.. I'll drive to where i need to be in ohio from there...i need an SUV or pickup...non-existant. Its a fucking mess. I needed to leave yesterday yet here i am in TX, trying every two hours on the dot all 4 cities.

There is a major shortage of rentals nationwide over the selloff and now manufacturer shortage to replenish now that demand is back. Fucking fauci and his lies.

Here's to hoping i can leave in the morning.

Uber waits are 15-45 min at best regardless of if its Havasu, las vegas or austin....better off calling a cab at this point.

WYRD

Reaction score
Why not pick up a cheap beater car for 30 mi/day seems like you would be money ahead in no time? Or even an electric bike/scooter

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I used Uber a lot when it first came out. Used to be a black town car or black Escalade/Tahoe. Professional driver in a suit. Didn’t talk to you unless you wanted to.
Now it’s the fucking Walmart of car service. Junk cars, often stink and drivers suck. Ive been in several where breaks are metal on metal, tires were so far out of balance it felt like driving on a wash board or the driver was so awful I wanted to strangle them.

I was in one in Austin Texas a few weeks ago- some middle eastern fuck with a little pot of burning incense hangin from the passenger seat back and he had red laser lights going- what in the actual fuck?

I’ve noticed it’s longer and longer to get a ride. It’s just another junk service now...
Not for nothing.... I only use Black and its always on time with a nice smelling dude in a black suit opening the door and they don't talk unless spoken to. My advice; pay a couple extra bucks for black or go rent a shit car for $30/ day while yours gets worked out.

D19

Reaction score
The cars now a days are usually filthy "buckets" so I default to the highest level so I'm not riding in a hooptie; although that's backfired a few times. Sorry but a Toyota Rav4 is not a luxurious ride.

In Santa Barbara last week, very few available. Drivers would accept and I'd watch the car never move in 10 minutes. He must be finishing his show on Netflix... I canceled twice and got charged a cancelation fee each time. Total BS.

Uber is not what it used to be.

Some of the drivers are way too paranoid about c19 to be driving and should stop. Got picked up in Tustin not long ago and the guy had a shower curtain taped up as a divider!

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Not for nothing.... I only use Black and its always on time with a nice smelling dude in a black suit opening the door and they don't talk unless spoken to. My advice; pay a couple extra bucks for black or go rent a shit car for $30/ day while yours gets worked out.

I always go for the highest level. Never works outs?

I have a car, according to my wife I have too many... No need to rent lol.

gqchris

Reaction score
I always go for the highest level. Never works outs?

I have a car, according to my wife I have too many... No need to rent lol.

Yea thats the one good thing about my sickness also. Always a vehicle around to drive if needed. Lol

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I logged into the app this morning & selected 525-535am pickup. The guy accepts it & I notice he’s in San Clemente & still needs to drive all the way to John Wayne & then come all the way back to get me? WTF? Says 50mins....

Nope, that happened to me yesterday & after 35mins the driver canceled on me.... So I canceled on him this time & started over.. Thankfully a driver was in lake forest & accepted me right away.

What a relief, because I remember before COVID 19 it was so easy to get a ride....

I just have to worry about tomorrow morning & then I’m on vacation next week, so that’s why I’m trying to just tough it out & not spend $365 for a rental, however I probably should have, oh well.....

Maybe give Yellow Cab a shout.... they may be eager to get a ride and less 'In demand" than our Uber friends who sound to popular presently. Just a thought.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Problem solved...

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
I logged into the app this morning & selected 525-535am pickup. The guy accepts it & I notice he’s in San Clemente & still needs to drive all the way to John Wayne & then come all the way back to get me? WTF? Says 50mins....

Nope, that happened to me yesterday & after 35mins the driver canceled on me.... So I canceled on him this time & started over.. Thankfully a driver was in lake forest & accepted me right away.

What a relief, because I remember before COVID 19 it was so easy to get a ride....

I just have to worry about tomorrow morning & then I’m on vacation next week, so that’s why I’m trying to just tough it out & not spend $365 for a rental, however I probably should have, oh well.....

I have had similar issues in SC with early morning pick ups and on weekends. One of the challenges a driver shared with me is that we are just outside of the premium zone so they accept and then cancel if they think they can get a premium passenger instead. Total BS. Good Luck!