WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flashback Friday Havasu

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
After my Mom passed away 8 years ago my Dad was cleaning out a bunch of stuff. It was tough for him as they were married 60+ years.
He came across the family slide carousels begining when he was in the Korean War. So he took them all and tossed them in the trash.
There were probably 15-20 of them.
Luckily my girlfriend at the time saw him do it, and recovered them out of the trash.
She took them home and bought a 'slide scanner' and scanned each slide one by one.
Family history SAVED !

Came across these 2 taken on my first birthday in October of 1970 at Black Meadow Landing Lake Havasu.
Thought you guys might get a chuckle.
Have a great weekend !

0.jpg

0-1.jpg

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Great pics!
I hope your dad pulls thru this difficult time!

We lost mom in 2003 and my dad has been lost since April 23, 2003. He stumbles thru life with no purpose.
It’s difficult to watch, we have tried to give him all kinds of different opportunities and experiences.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
That is very cool. Glad your girlfriend caught that and was able to save the slides for you. Would have been a shame for them to be lost.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Great pics!
I hope your dad pulls thru this difficult time!

We lost mom in 2003 and my dad has been lost since April 23, 2003. He stumbles thru life with no purpose.
It’s difficult to watch, we have tried to give him all kinds of different opportunities and experiences.
Thank You very much. Yeah, it's been tough.
Things didn't work out with the X-girlfriend . . . and since we really have no family I decided to move in with my Dad.
It's been the best move ever, we laugh at 'Who's taking care of who here'!!! LOL.
He turns 90 this July . . . still a stud.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Thank You very much. Yeah, it's been tough.
Things didn't work out with the X-girlfriend . . . and since we really have no family I decided to move in with my Dad.
It's been the best move ever, we laugh at 'Who's taking care of who here'!!! LOL.
He turns 90 this July . . . still a stud.
When my mother passed my dad became a lost soul. Outwardly it seemed his lsst 7 years of life were miserably lonely even with all his kids/grandkids around and/or living with him.

DLC

Reaction score
that is exactly my dad! Even with new grand kids! We try to include him all our adventures but there isn’t any spark.

really sad to see it and watch it. We say when mom passed a big part of dad passed also.

When my mother passed my dad became a lost soul. Outwardly it seemed his lsst 7 years of life were miserably lonely even with all his kids/grandkids around and/or living with him.

sintax

Reaction score
Our dads sound very familiar...

If you look back at any of the VHS tapes from my youth, be it my first football game where I started, or maybe a family chrismas, or my sisters dance recital. IF you pop one of those tapes in the VHS now, they've all be taped over by NASCAR races.

Thanks dad

Water Romper

Reaction score
WOW...60 years together, that says something right there about your parents. Probably a little bitter sweet looking at the photographs but great memories I’m sure. Kudos to the (at the time) GF for salvaging the pictures.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
So cool! I have a bunch of.photos of me in diapers at black meadows.. best days of my childhood were there fishing and boating .. good old days