WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flashlight recommendations? Tired of buying crap.

nowski

Reaction score
Here's a rechargeable my son got me this past Christmas, this thing is amazingly bright...

See the light.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Just a side note for anyone still shopping for one...

When you turn these new breeds of flashlights on full tilt..

One, even though they are LED, they get freaking HOT!

Two, on full tilt, the battery won't last too long.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
My lights are a little long in the tooth. They use regular batteries and I choose rechargeable.
Bell&Howell PS 750.
I paid about 15 bucks at a farm&fleet as they were closing them out. Shoots a beam about 300 yards which is way farther than my eyesight can make out. That is a 3 C-cell light. lasts about 8 hours. I hate the switch. The third click is a flasher that will blind you even when pointed away.

Because I'm about blind and need extra light in every day lighting situations I use a streamlite Junior LED that uses 2 AA batts that are rechargeable. It lasts about 6 hours using top of the line rechargeables. The switch is finicky though. It is fairly well balanced as I hold it in my teeth very often.

So many flavors of lights out there these days.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Was out walking my dog in the dark the other night, he grabbed a stick, turned out to be a baby rattler. He spit it out before it bit thankfully, but I need a better flashlight so I can see better, we almost stepped on the thing. Been buying Amazon tactical deals for a few years and they only work good for a few months and then start to die off after recharging a few times.

Any recommendations on something rechargeable that will burn retinas out and not be disposable after a few months?

I use this one. Great warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

I use this one. Great warranty.

I ordered this one instead, arrives this weekend

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Which one did you get? I dont see the link

petie6464

Reaction score
I have a couple Olight's. Had them a few years, very tough and the magnetic charger cables are hard to beat and don't seem to be a fragile as the mini USB type.

I was never a headlight guy, thought they where gay until I got one of these as a gift, honestly it's the best thing ever, super small, bright and stays going for a very long time.

Have gotten a few of there hand held lights also, all great and there bigger lights are crazy bright with high/low, 99% of the time you don't even need the high.

Screenshot_20210409-185047_Chrome.jpg

Rbcconst

Reaction score

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Anything from here is high quality

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Anything from here is high quality

I still have my 9AN from before LED times, converted to LED and aftermarket battery and it’s better than when new.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I've had this one as my main go to since 2006 with lifetime warranty. I had issues with the switch in 2009 amd they had me send it into them...2 weeks later I recived a new flashlight and charger for free. They even paid the shipping cost...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
OLight USA just signed as a sponsor on a Texas gun forum I’m on.

They made one post and haven’t been back, getting a ton of shit for being made in China.

I have an OLight on a G19...it’s a decent light.

It’s the only Chinese part I knowingly have on any of my firearms right now...but I’ll probably get another Sig Romeo 5 red dot to replace the one I sold a while back, to put on an AR pistol poverty pony I have.

Damned globalism LOL

bbrownster

Reaction score
Was out walking my dog in the dark the other night, he grabbed a stick, turned out to be a baby rattler. He spit it out before it bit thankfully, but I need a better flashlight so I can see better, we almost stepped on the thing. Been buying Amazon tactical deals for a few years and they only work good for a few months and then start to die off after recharging a few times.

Any recommendations on something rechargeable that will burn retinas out and not be disposable after a few months?
I buy Fenix for my employees for use on construction sites. High Intensity light uncovers/resolves a lot of issues

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
based on the info on this post I bought......

It arrived and I was like fak, $120 for a flashlight and its about the size of a tube of toothpaste, much smaller actually. Charged it up and headed out for a dog walk and I was blown away. Crazy how bright and how far the beam goes, in hindsight, well worth the money, should have saved all the money on the cheapos over the years and got one of these.

wishiknew

Reaction score
I went to school with a girl that her dad invented the mag lite in his garage in Pomona

rrrr

Reaction score
I remember carrying a 4 D battery mag lite back in the day that was three feet long.

Back in the day, those four "D" cell MagLites were required equipment for law enforcement officers. They put out a very bright beam of light, but more importantly, were quite effective when used to apply an aluminum shampoo on uncooperative suspects.

👮‍♂️ 🙆‍♂️

😁

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Doubt I’ll buy another handheld flashlight. Hands free Headlamps are the way to go. Everything you look at is lit up, they spot, they flood and they last all night and then some. Petal, Lenser, Black Diamond all have badass units in your price range.

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
Nebo and Coast are the bees knees. You don’t need anything big when you buy their product.