WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flat Earther, Mike Hughes died in Barstow today

4Waters

Reaction score
I saw the video, the chute deployed at the launch pad and tore off.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Always test and retest the chute ... same thing happened to Evil Kneivel ... except he was lucky enough to survive it.

NASA spends a ton of dough on chute deployment mechanisms

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
Play stupid games win stupid prizes. What do you expect when you hear some wacko builds a homemade rocket and launches himself in it.

racered

Reaction score
Who is Ruthfull about this? When a person works so hard at stupid death tricks it is likely that fail might be the ultimate outcome. I do not mourn this, I applaud the show. Watching Saudi car drivers doing high speed spins, slides, crash rollovers into crowds of onlookers is even more entertaining. Absolute stupid danger, on purpose is a LAM show, and I might find it entertaining. Truth

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
I dunno.. I still remember when that guy tied balloons to a lawn chair and cruised over a couple states..

I thought he was awesome. Lol
For sure the balloon lawn chair dude was awesome, but if you heard he fell out or crashed it into power lines and died no one would be surprised. That’s the risk you take I guess.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Just watched a interview with mad mike..he was in lucerne valley during KOH.. It was just a matter of b4 that dude kicked the bucket..

racered

Reaction score
I'd offer him a beer, but he's lost his grip

racered

Reaction score
DSC_5202.jpg
DSC_5187.jpg
DSC_5334.jpg

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
His rv launch gizmo was pretty sweet
What amazes me is all the people around him. Like his 'team'
Dude was like a cult leader of sorts.
How could his team not think this has a 100% chance of a bad ending.

It tells me certain humans can get other other hunan to do anything. Strong leaders, not smart followers

I need a gimmick...

buck35

Reaction score
His rv launch gizmo was pretty sweet
What amazes me is all the people around him. Like his 'team'
Dude was like a cult leader of sorts.
How could his team not think this has a 100% chance of a bad ending.

It tells me certain humans can get other other hunan to do anything. Strong leaders, not smart followers

I need a gimmick...
Hey ,just look at how many people feel the Bern.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
WASHINGTON POST:2/23/20
In March 2018, he rode his garage-made rocket 1,875 feet above the Mojave Desert, reaching a speed of 250 mph, Stakes told the AP. It was the next step in Hughes’s mission to photograph the world. “It’ll shut the door on this ball Earth,”

“Hughes said I expect to see a flat disk up there,” he said months after his 2018 launch. “I don’t have an agenda. If it’s a round Earth or a ball, I’m going to come down and say, ‘Hey guys, I’m bad. It’s a ball, okay?’”

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Dude literally built a STEAM powered rocket and had some sort of success before this oppsie. I don't care who you are that is impressive.

He stuck the shit out of that landing

2Driver

Reaction score

I need a gimmick...

What ever you come with be sure to include a back-up chute.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Dude literally built a STEAM powered rocket and had some sort of success before this oppsie. I don't care who you are that is impressive.

He stuck the shit out of that landing
According to the article, he's not the only one building something like it. Sci channel was filming 3 different crews building a vessel.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Nut ball...definitely.
But, still bright enough to build a steam powered rocket able to travel 1800ft at 250mph vertically.
Smarter than me.
Difference is, I'm smart enough to know I don't know. He had propulsion, but need a deceleration team.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
If you to YouTube and type in Wonderhussey , she just did an interview with him about a week ago . Rocket looked like one of those rides you see in front of stores ...he was a character though .

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Pretty ruthless comments...

Guy was just a dare devil trying to see how far he could push a home made rocket.. Pretty sure the flat earth deal was just for publicity.

He has had successful launches in the past, and he did have two parachutes. In the March 2018 launch you can see he deployed the 2nd one separately to slow the landing as he got closer to the ground. This time you can see both chutes (two different colors) being ripped from the rocket, and basically knew at that point it was all over for him.

I would sort of tend to agree with you Dave, watched a few of his older video interviews, the guy is pretty quick witted. He apparently had no other source of income, so was probably living on sponsor money, and of course that he would progress and achieve his various goals. One of his other interviews said he would rather be "on Catalina Island" that day.

There is also a video of the 2018 launch from inside the rocket with him that was sort of interesting to watch.

Steam powered rocket, who else has built one in their backyard and got off the ground in it?

racered

Reaction score
Fuck, I got it now! A steam powered drone, and a fucking camera to take pictures. of the earth or something. me smart.
(can u see the problem here)

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I think Dave is right he was smart enough to use the flat earth malarkey to get some sponsor bucks. Anyone can spend a few bucks on a drone and GoPro to achieve the same thing but dude wanted to build rockets and smash the go button.

Someone should send his videos to fat ass Kim in N Korea. Pretty sure Mike's rocket program was still more solid than his