WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flat Earther, Mike Hughes died in Barstow today

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My understanding the lawn chair balloon guy ended up eating a bullet a few years after his adventure.

Yeah, I salute the rogues out there, but I sure am not going to shed a tear. Died with his boots on and all that.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Just last week Wonderhussy posted up a video with him on the side of the road. He was repairing his rocket after someone rear ended it. Not really NASA stuff. lol

Wonder if the rear end knocked a bolt out that holds the chutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Wonder if the rear end knocked a bolt out that holds the chutes.
Was just watching that video and wondering the same thing. That sure would suck to be related to the rear end vs human error.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Just last week Wonderhussy posted up a video with him on the side of the road. He was repairing his rocket after someone rear ended it. Not really NASA stuff. lol

She's hard to watch.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
She's hard to watch.

Some of the subjects she covers are interesting though.

She did an episode on the German family that got lost and disappeared in Death Valley. That one ended up with me losing a week worth of nights researching and reading up on the event.

Dana757

Reaction score

She did an episode on the German family that got lost and disappeared in Death Valley. That one ended up with me losing a week worth of nights researching and reading up on the event.
The Donnor party series was pretty good too.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
I dunno.. I still remember when that guy tied balloons to a lawn chair and cruised over a couple states..

I thought he was awesome. Lol

Musta been Sweet Johnny lol :D

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score

I read this fellow's account of that ordeal little while back, he was in on the search effort. Pretty interesting... from the same guy that was hunting and found the A-12 crash site that I posted about in the SR-71 thread here.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
WASHINGTON POST:2/23/20
In March 2018, he rode his garage-made rocket 1,875 feet above the Mojave Desert, reaching a speed of 250 mph, Stakes told the AP. It was the next step in Hughes’s mission to photograph the world. “It’ll shut the door on this ball Earth,”

“Hughes said I expect to see a flat disk up there,” he said months after his 2018 launch. “I don’t have an agenda. If it’s a round Earth or a ball, I’m going to come down and say, ‘Hey guys, I’m bad. It’s a ball, okay?’”

If this was his reasoning, wouldn’t it have been easier to just buy an airplane ticket and sit next to the window?

HitIt

Reaction score
If this was his reasoning, wouldn’t it have been easier to just buy an airplane ticket and sit next to the window?

These "airplanes" that you speak of have "windows" that are actually just TV screens that display video that the government produced to make you think that the earth is round.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
You have to wonder at what point he realized he was going to eat shit. Was he aware that the chute deployed on take off? If so he knew he was fucked on the ride up. Or was he just sitting there waiting for the "snatch force" of deployment that never came.

My guess is he had radio comms with the ground and they shared the good news with him

Your ad here

Reaction score
Seems like a harmless guy. Very unfortunate and sad to pass away like that regardless if he was a flat earth nut or not.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Seems like strapping a Go-pro to a weather balloon would get your flat earth theory confirmed or denied with alot less pain. At least he died doing what he loved?

oldschool

Reaction score

DavAlf04

Reaction score
Other than being a little kooky and an old pervert, he didnt seem all that bad. But I agree, in it for the money. Funny interview on tosh:

JayBreww

Reaction score
Or you wonder if he was able to finally see how much time he’s wasted and saw the curvature or the earth.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Other than being a little kooky and an old pervert, he didnt seem all that bad. But I agree, in it for the money. Funny interview on tosh:

That was great! When the hell did his neck get so much bigger than his head?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
“Despite public comments declaring he believed the Earth was flat, Hughes’ publicist Darren Shuster told BuzzFeed News that his claims were a publicity stunt, and that he didn’t actually think the Earth was flat

“We used Flat Earth as a PR stunt. Period. He was a true daredevil decades before the latest round of rocket missions,” he said. “Flat Earth allowed us to get so much publicity that we kept going! I know he didn’t believe in flat Earth and it was a shtick.”