WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flatbed trailer rental...?

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
My apologies if this is in the wrong section. Found a killer deal on a Bronco cab and frame in Yuma but will have zero help on that end. Need to rent a flatbed trailer with a decent winch on it. Long Beach to Yuma and back. Where would be a good place to start? FB and Offerup don't have any hits at least right now. Oooor a very generous RDP member that has one? I pay in good beer and shitty dad jokes 😆

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Have a nice 14 footer with ramp.
No winch though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm not much help in locateing a rental trailer, but pretty knowledgeable about loading old stuff by myself. If you aren't in a rush, a simple come-a-long and a chain will do the job. Since a comealong only pulls so much, you pull it up, block tires or strap, pull and reset. I've also had luck with the HF small atv winches...on lighter stuff. Strap to whatever U-Haul car hauler you get, and roll it on. Tires need air, or if moving on drums you'll want to slide on 2x6's.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
I'm not much help in locateing a rental trailer, but pretty knowledgeable about loading old stuff by myself. If you aren't in a rush, a simple come-a-long and a chain will do the job. Since a comealong only pulls so much, you pull it up, block tires or strap, pull and reset. I've also had luck with the HF small atv winches...on lighter stuff. Strap to whatever U-Haul car hauler you get, and roll it on. Tires need air, or if moving on drums you'll want to slide on 2x6's.
Good idea. I have a come along. no suspension or wheels. frame sitting on wood of course 😒

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Good idea. I have a come along. no suspension or wheels. frame sitting on wood of course 😒
Time to get creative...three furniture dollies, and one or two floor jacks. Lift nose high enough to sit on trailer, preferably on one furniture dolly. Use the come along to pull, with ass end on floor jacks or dollies. As it high centers, floor jack ass end high enough to clear trailer...rear axle drums will also slide up 2x6 ramps. A lot of hauler ramps may not work very well, so a couple 6ft 2x6's are cheap.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Time to get creative...three furniture dollies, and one or two floor jacks. Lift nose high enough to sit on trailer, preferably on one furniture dolly. Use the come along to pull, with ass end on floor jacks or dollies. As it high centers, floor jack ass end high enough to clear trailer...rear axle drums will also slide up 2x6 ramps. A lot of hauler ramps may not work very well, so a couple 6ft 2x6's are cheap.
Great idea. It can be done. No axle in rear, just leafs. Ill have to do it this way.

Sherpa

Reaction score
A winch to pull it up?? Man are you spoiled.
Poor white trash me has used shit-ass come-alongs till they die. Ratchet straps.

now I’ve upped my game using a harbor freight
Ratcheting chain fall. It was a lot of work pulling a #7,000 lathe up this tilt trailer angle, but I got it done.

C8459217-652F-4075-8FFB-E79CB122A9E2.jpeg

This pic actually was me lowering the lathe not pulling it up the incline. But you get the idea.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Bring an axle with wheels and u bolts. Then get a couple wal mart or harbor freight trailer tongue jacks to clamp to the frame in the front....or if you don’t have an axle, get 4 trailer tongue jacks and put one in each corner. Then you can roll it around all you want.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I have a trailer you could use it might work you have to pick it up in havasu then drop it off in so cal it will save me a trip

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Do you want a car trailer or a true flatbed? Car haulers are fairly easy to come by, flatbeds on the other hand......
Several years ago I looked all over northern California to rent a bumper pull flat bed. Couldn't locate one. Goose necks were easy but I didn't have a hitch for one in the truck. I eventually made a car trailer work but it wasn't the easiest to load the machinery over the side along with the lost space. As it was a 2000 mile round trip, space was valuable.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
A winch to pull it up?? Man are you spoiled.
Poor white trash me has used shit-ass come-alongs till they die. Ratchet straps.

now I’ve upped my game using a harbor freight
Ratcheting chain fall. It was a lot of work pulling a #7,000 lathe up this tilt trailer angle, but I got it done.

View attachment 973696
This pic actually was me lowering the lathe not pulling it up the incline. But you get the idea.
Nah you're right I am spoiled hahaha. You guys are right. I haven't thought it through 100%.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I moved an Audi with two 4x4s and four of those little furniture dollies. It can be done!

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
This is what im looking at. My Bronco is about 6'-5" wide give or take. It could be on a cargo trailer but since its just frame rails and a set of leafs ill have to use dollies im sure.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
This is what im looking at. My Bronco is about 6'-5" wide give or take. It could be on a cargo trailer but since its just frame rails and a set of leafs ill have to use dollies im sure.

That looks too big and heavy for mine. Think you need a car hauler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk